Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.11.02, 05:10 AM   #641
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I always viewed the constant fashion/outfit changes as an extension of her personas/thorough performer mindset. And... I love the hats.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.02, 11:29 PM   #642
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by sardonicsmile View Post
it might just be me personally, since i i have this idea stuck in my head that her obsession with appearance mirrors her materialism, or what i think is materialistic. it almost becomes, shiina ringo, clothes horse no. 1, musician second.

to make unfair comparisons, tabuchi hisako is relatively unconcerned with the label of her clothes. asai kenichi, i think, would not advertise for apple. but who knows?
I don't know if I would go as far as to say that outfit changes during a concert make someone materialistic. A concert is a show, and so "costume" changes are not out of context.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.03, 10:49 AM   #643
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

i wasn't referring to costume changes in concerts in particular. she just seems to have lost the edge for me, and it's also reflected in her clothing choices.

kuro_neko, any thoughts?
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.03, 11:20 AM   #644
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I liked it a lot during TJ phase 1/2 when SR was in elegant dresses (and huge hairpieces) all the time. It's not edgy, but it's beatiful, sharp and feminine. Her recent styling choices are, if anything, somewhat tired and bordering on trashy.

Just like her music.
Old 2007.11.03, 03:26 PM   #645
HEDOfloe

Here we go again @_@
Old 2007.11.03, 07:28 PM   #646
sardonicsmile

sardonicsmile pleased at least somebody

maybe this should go in the "rotted apple" thread.
sardonicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.16, 07:51 PM   #647
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

I just watched the OSCA video for the first time in a while. Maaaan I love this song
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.17, 10:27 AM   #648
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
I liked it a lot during TJ phase 1/2 when SR was in elegant dresses (and huge hairpieces) all the time. It's not edgy, but it's beatiful, sharp and feminine.
Huge hairpeices reminds me...

This all came back to me a few nights ago, when I went out shopping groceries. In the subway, this woman with a Ringo-esquely huge hairpiece and this net covering her hair/face, with long heels, a long tight skirt and a manga-esque bag, was heading in the same direction as me. I had to walk faster to catch up on her to.. er.. check things out, but then had to keep the pace or it would be too obvious, right. Which means I had to pass her, so I only got a short glimpse. I would have thought I'd never see her again, but turns out she stepped into the very same grocery shop as me. I couldn't help but stare at her, and I'm sure she noticed as she stared back.
We went around shopping on our own for a while, often staring at each other (or so I like to believe). Attractive but not too attractive, but the whole similarity to Ringo made me go ZOMG, losing focus on the groceries. I just ran around trying to pick things up, passing by her a few times, and we stared as much at each other everytime. Can't pinpoint her origin but I'd say an Asian country, or at least "half".
I "accidentally" headed for the registers at the same time as her. Kind of messed up there and got out a lot later, which meant she already headed her way somewhere. End of story.

Don't think I ever saw anyone dress like Ringo (knowing it or not) before.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.08, 08:38 PM   #649
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ohhh man, the band angle video for OSCA makes it so much cooler. The dancing car girls were neat, but seeing the band play like that reminds me of the camera style from Dynamite Out. That's what they needed to do for Spa and Treatment -- I hope it happened!

(ps - that's the third time I've mentioned the DO cameras.. I hope I'm not being redundant)
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.08, 08:56 PM   #650
HEDOfloe

I have not watched DO for a while so I don't really know what camera's you are talking about, so it just makes me want to watch it again. Unfortunately, no time to do so . However, the band version of the PV is awesome! It's like a live performance. Uki is especially funny too. I hope the Spa & Treatment performance of OSCA can live up to this