Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.03.06, 11:04 AM   #241
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Any obsession with a singer that lasts more than one year becomes routine. I either take a break or move on forever. Sometimes the singer does fans a favour and go on hiatus, which gives the same joy of getting out of a long-term relationship. Regulars in the forum probably just moved on to other music, rather than because Ringo's music had a huge quality slide in the recent years.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.06, 11:58 AM   #242
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ And that post reminds me that Tokyo Jihad and I had our Tin Anniversary last month. Oh my. I've really been here for ten years.

"And the love we hold, and the love we spurn
Will never grow cold, only taciturn"

And Ringo's been on decline starting with Adult. She still comes up with some gems, but they aren't as common these days.
Old 2015.03.07, 12:00 AM   #243
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I'd like to think sometimes that the biggest fans of various artists generally just appreciate the artists, and it really takes a very specific genre of fan to be on a FORUM in 2015 talking about it, as if their opinion mattered at all (i.e. myself, and everybody here).

The point I'm trying to make is, the music scene and the way people access music is fundamentally changing, I'm not sure if an English speaking forum here is a definitive indicator of SR's hype/relevance/quality of work.

WRT decline - I respectfully disagree. I think she's remained completely consistent since TJ started. Some releases are more/less exciting than others, but I always enjoy her work when I listen to it, and every single album so far from MM way up to Hiizurutokoro - I get the same fucking RUSH the first time I press play on each record. That to me is a clear as day indicator that she's still got it after all this time. We all have our opinions of what we'd rather see her do as an artist, but I don't think that should preclude our ability to see value in the stuff that she has chosen to do, even if it's "safe" or whatever you wanna call it.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.07, 08:59 AM   #244
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

I can't imagine anyone not being in "decline" after producing something like KZK.

It's true, though, I miss the days of Adult. Even something like Just Can't Help It, so derided at the time, holds up beautifully.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.07, 05:27 PM   #245
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

KZK is her commercial decline.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.07, 08:57 PM   #246
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Theres a difference to being 'in decline' after an impossible to achieve again high, but Ringo isn't even matching her Jihen work right now, and has begun noticeably repeating herself.. that's the main concern I have. It feels like when Tori Amos dropped The Beekeeper, everyone knows what happened after that...
Old 2015.03.08, 08:27 AM   #247
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I can't imagine anyone not being in "decline" after producing something like KZK.
I disagree mainly because I'm not one to put KZK on a pedestal. I wouldn't call Ringo no Uta (single ver), Jusui Negai, Sounan, Omatsuri Sawagi, Ekimae, Yume no Ato, Genjitsu wo Warau, Shuraba, Rakujitsu or even Tasogare Naki a step down from KZK. Maybe they have less ambition, but the songwriting and execution were still up to par.
Old 2015.03.08, 03:40 PM   #248
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

JL005

Song in full. It's definitely edited to seem like the the Aya and Bambi show (70% them, 20% Ringo, 10% stage shots)

Not sure what to think of this.

They certainly didn't put this much focus on Idevian Crew on previous releases- who are just as "quirky". Aya and Bambi look like they're taking a dump half the time too. I'm still not seeing the appeal, but oh well, at least Ringos voice is decent here, albeit I can't pick out much of the English again.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.03.08 at 03:47 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.08, 06:03 PM   #249
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Could certainly do without Aya/Bambi, but the lights, however, are GORGEOUS!
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.09, 07:15 AM   #250
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Full Ryuukou is also available on that same channel. Man, it would have been such an awesome rendition if it weren't for the 'grandaddy rapping' half of it. Soooo close!
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote