Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.08.17, 04:40 PM   #1131
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
And it just *kills* people when they inevitably find out that whoever or whatever they idolize is not, in fact, the absolute-best-and-always-will-be. And when that happens, they feel betrayed, they bitterly disparage the former object of their worship, and then they go on to seek another idol and repeat the process again. It's not healthy. Believe me, I have been through this cycle many times.
I totally agree. There's a personal level to BITTER EX-RINGO FAN hate that becomes part of people's identity. "Oh yeah, I used to like her, when she was great. I'm so above her crap now." Come on. That says more about the person saying it than it does about Ringo or her music.

She's changed. How can she not? But talent is talent, and she will always have it. I agree that she's so commercialized her image these days that it's hard to see her as an "alternate" anything. But I don't label her Nu-Ringo or sellout or whatever because if I do that, I won't be able to recognize when she does something that is, in fact, awesome.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 04:49 PM   #1132
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
I totally agree. There's a personal level to BITTER EX-RINGO FAN hate that becomes part of people's identity. "Oh yeah, I used to like her, when she was great. I'm so above her crap now." Come on. That says more about the person saying it than it does about Ringo or her music.

She's changed. How can she not? But talent is talent, and she will always have it. I agree that she's so commercialized her image these days that it's hard to see her as an "alternate" anything. But I don't label her Nu-Ringo or sellout or whatever because if I do that, I won't be able to recognize when she does something that is, in fact, awesome.
It's beyond 'just the music' now. You all need to admit it.

Stop being bitter. She hasn't changed that much. She's just played it safe.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 05:05 PM   #1133
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Why are people being passive aggressive? She's still making good music. Can't wait for the Japan tour.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 05:12 PM   #1134
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
She cares what the companies think.
Lots of artists, great artists, work on commission. It's not like she's being forced.
Old 2015.08.17, 05:20 PM   #1135
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

If something is awesome, I doubt anyone will be able to tell through that mastering plaguing everything she releases of late...
Old 2015.08.17, 05:28 PM   #1136
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
If something is awesome, I doubt anyone will be able to tell through that mastering plaguing everything she releases of late...
The nastier the better, lol.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.17, 06:31 PM   #1137
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Man, OK, so I'm having a laugh at Ringo's fall- I mean- it's just funny is all.

But damn, some Taiwanese on social media are laying into her so bad... "RUINED DAY" etc etc. For god's sake people, PEOPLE TRIP. GAH. I mean, there's even people saying "I hope she never tours internationally again, she just doesn't bring it like in her homeland"... the HELL. At least my nitpicks are understandable... at least I think I explain them well. I mean, WHO TAKES OFFENSE to her tripping???

THESE ARE THE DIVA RINGO FANS. Not us scrubby old school fans btw. We just have a laugh as we would with any artist taking a dive, she's ok and didn't get hurt. This is what is getting to me more than anything. The dehumanisation of her into this... thing.

And I get told off for clinging to the artist Ringo.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.08.17 at 08:51 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.18, 04:29 AM   #1138
rainmountain

rainmountain pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
could I ask for a general idea of what kinds of names they are? Also, any idea what kinds of items the taiwan-only goods are?

At least the questionable flag itself didn't show up, I guess... the discovery(?) tour scarves being included was a pleasant surprise!
Sorry I missed out your question.
For the Taiwan goods, they have auspicious names like "perfect/satisfactory completion" and "lucky" for the sticker tapes, and the towel “一六八” is 168, which sounds like "make a fortune all the way" in Mandarin.
The flag is called "night market", where Taipei is famous for the food.
The mask is "please take care".
The rest of the goods are more or less translated from the Japanese names.
rainmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.08.18, 07:15 AM   #1139
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post

lame and dismissive
Old 2015.08.18, 01:02 PM   #1140
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

For those interested, live results of the post-performance survey are available here:

LINK

The questions and current results are below. Percentages are not published directly on the page linked above, but have been obtained from inspection of the HTML code.

1. 性別 [Sex]
男 [Male] 2%
女 [Female] 98%
2. 年齡(年齢) [Age]
〜10 [Teens] 1%
〜20 [20s] 4%
〜30 [30s] 62%
〜40 [40s] 31%
〜50 [50s] 2%
〜60 [60s] 0%
3. 你來自哪裡?(どこから来ましたか?) [Where did you come from?]
台灣(台湾) [Taiwan] 94%
中國(中国) [China] 2%
香港 [Hong Kong] 3%
日本 [Japan] 1%
其他(その他) [Other] 0%
4. 今天有和誰一起來?(今日は誰と一緒に来ましたか?) [Who came with you today?]
朋友(友達) [Friends] 49%
家人(家族) [Family] 9%
情侶或伴侶(恋人またはパートナー) [Significant other] 16%
一個人(一人) [By myself] 25%
其他(その他) [Other] 1%
5. 你曾經在日本看過椎名林檎的演出嗎?(日本でも椎名林檎のライブを観たことがありますか?) [Have you seen Shiina Ringo live in Japan?]
有(はい) [Yes] 12%
沒有(いいえ) [No] 88%
6. 用一句話來形容今天的演唱會。(今日のライブの感想をひとこと) [Your impression of today's performance in a couple of words?]
超讚(最高) [Awesome] 43%
震驚(驚き) [Surprising] 4%
還想要再看(もっと観たい) [Want to see more] 46%
開心(楽しかった) [Fun] 3%
可惜(残念) [Disappointed] 1%
其他(その他) [Other] 3%
7. 你覺得今天最棒的歌曲是?(今日のライブでいちばん良かった楽曲は?) [What was the best song at today's performance?]
M1 茎(ステム)〜大名遊ビ編〜 [Kuki] 9.6%
M2 NIPPON [NIPPON] 6.3%
M3 自由へ道連れ [Jiyuu e Michizure] 1.1%
M4 ありあまる富 [Ariamaru Tomi] 4.3%
M5 走れゎナンバー [Hashire wa Number] 0.8%
M6 神様、仏様(W/L Hand) [Kamisama, Hotokesama] 6.0%
M7 葬列(インスト) [Souretsu (Instrumental)] 1.2%
M8 おいしい季節 [Oishii Kisetsu] 1.5%
M9 女の子は誰でも [Onna no Ko wa Dare demo] 1.7%
M10 本能 [Honnou] 9.8%
M11 浴室 [Yokushitsu] 18.4%
M12 罪と罰 [Tsumi to Batsu] 14.0%
M13 迷彩 [Meisai] 1.2%
M14 望遠鏡の外の景色 [Boukenkyou no Soto no Keshiki] 0.3%
M15 青春の瞬き [Seishun no Matataki] 2.7%
M16 歌舞伎町の女王 [Kabukichou no Joou] 5.8%
M17 ちちんぷいぷい [Chichinpuipui] 1.1%
M18 密偵物語 [Mittei Monogatari] 0.9%
M19 殺し屋危機一髪 [Koroshiya Kikiippatsu] 0.8%
M20 カリソメ乙女 [Karisome Otome] 0.8%
EC1 丸の内サディスティック [Marunouchi Sadistic] 2.5%
EC2 長く短い祭 [Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri] 7.7%
EC3 旬 [Shun] 1.5%
8. 你希望下次在台灣的演唱會時應該怎麼舉辦會更好?(こんど台湾でライブをやるとしたら、何を希望しますか。) [If another live performance were held in Taiwan, what would you wish for?]
增加演唱會場次(公演数をもっと多く) [More performances] 24%
換到更大的場地(もっと大きい会場で) [Larger venue] 51%
換到較小的場地(もっと小さい会場で) [Smaller venue] 8%
在台灣其他城市舉辦(台湾の中で数か所) [Several different locations in Taiwan] 4%
其他(その他) [Other] 13%
9. 你會建議椎名林檎在台灣吃什麼呢?(台湾で、椎名林檎には何を食べてほしいですか。) [What would you want Shiina Ringo to eat in Taiwan?]
[Results not reported]
10. 你成為椎名林檎的愛好家(意指歌迷)有多久了?(椎名林檎の愛好家になってどのぐらいですか。) [How long have you been a fan of Shiina Ringo?]
因為這場演唱會(このライブがきっかけ) [Since this live performance] 6%
未滿1年(1年未満) [Less than 1 year] 3%
2年~5年 [2-5 years] 17%
5年~10年 [5-10 years] 32%
10年以上 [Over 10 years] 42%
11. 你是如何認識椎名林檎的呢?(椎名林檎を知ったきっかけは何ですか?) [How did you find out about Shiina Ringo?]
音樂情報網站(音楽ニュースサイト) [Music news site] 18%
影片分享網站(映像配信サイト) [Streaming video site] 16%
雜誌(雑誌) [Magazine] 2%
電視(テレビ) [TV] 27%
其他(その他) [Other] 37%
12. 請寫出兩首你最喜愛的椎名林檎的歌。(最も好きな椎名林檎の楽曲を二つまで挙げてください。) [Please tell us your favorite Shiina Ringo songs (up to two).]
[Results not reported]
13. 請寫出你最喜愛的椎名林檎的原創專輯。(最も好きな椎名林檎のオリジナルアルバムを選択してください。) [Choose your favorite Shiina Ringo original album.]
無限償還(無罪モラトリアム) [Muzai Moratorium] 18%
勝訴的新宿舞孃(勝訴ストリップ) [Shouso Strip] 24%
加爾基 精液 栗子花(加爾基 精液 栗ノ花) [Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana] 41%
三文八卦(三文ゴシップ) [Sanmon Gossip] 7%
日出處(日出処) [Hi Izuru Tokoro] 10%
14. 為了提高椎名林檎在台灣的人氣,你覺得最好的方法是?(台湾で椎名林檎の人気がもっと高まるにはどうすれば良いと思いますか。) [What do you think would be the best way to increase Shiina Ringo's popularity in Taiwan?]
[Results not reported]
15. 你有購買台灣限定專輯「垂涎三尺」嗎?(台湾限定作品「垂涎三尺」は買いましたか。) [Did you buy any of the Taiwan-only limited release goods?]
有(はい) [Yes] 31%
沒有(いいえ) [No] 69%
16. 請用兩個中文字來形容椎名林檎。(椎名林檎の存在を、あなたが思う漢字2文字で表してください。) [What two words best describe Shiina Ringo?]
[Results not reported]
17. 你有追蹤椎名林檎的日本官方臉書嗎?(椎名林檎のオフィシャルFacebookペーをフォローしていますか?) [Do you follow the official Shiina Ringo Facebook page?]
已經追蹤(フォローしている) [Following] 75%
尚未追蹤(フォローしていない) [Not following] 25%
18. 你有追蹤椎名林檎的日本官方推特(SR猫柳本線)嗎?(椎名林檎のオフィシャルツイッターアカウント(SR猫柳本線)をフォローしていますか?) [Do you follow Shiina Ringo's official Twitter account "SR Nekoyanagi Main Line"?]
已經追蹤(フォローしている) [Following] 37%
尚未追蹤(フォローしていない) [Not following] 63%
19. 你有追蹤這次台灣演唱會的官方臉書(椎名林檎Live in Taiwan)嗎?(台湾公演のFaebookページ(椎名林檎Live in Taiwan)をフォローしていますか?) [Do you follow the Taiwan performance Facebook Page "Shiina Ringo Live in Taiwan"?]
已經追蹤(フォローしている) [Following] 93%
尚未追蹤(フォローしていない) [Not following] 7%
20. 您這次購買了哪些周邊商品?(今回はどんな物販を購入されましたか?) [What kind of goods did you buy this time?]
毛巾(タオル) [Hand towel] 16%
紙膠帶(マスキングテープ) [Masking tape] 11%
口罩(マスク) [Mask] 4%
別針(バッチ) [Badge] 9%
海報(ポスター) [Poster] 9%
T恤(Tシャツ) [T-shirt] 9%
其他(その他) [Other] 42%
21. 您透過什麼管道取得椎名林檎演唱會資訊?(今回の公演はどこから知りましたか?) [Where did you hear about this performance?]
Facebook [Facebook] 66%
報章雜誌(新聞・雑誌) [Newspapers/Magazines] 2%
廣告文宣(コマーシャル) [Advertising] 1%
電視廣播網路(WEB ) [TV broadcast network] 7%
親友告知(知人から) [From a friend] 18%
其他(その他) [Other] 6%
22. 請問您的職業?(職業を教えてください) [Please tell us your occupation.]
學生(学生) [Student] 19%
家庭主婦(専業主婦) [Homemaker] 1%
上班族(サラリーマン) [Office worker] 61%
公務員 [Government worker] 3%
其他(その他) [Other] 16%
I will try to update the results in the future.

Last edited by zeroryouko : 2015.08.18 at 04:23 PM.
zeroryouko is offline   Reply With Quote