Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.04.15, 07:16 PM   #41
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
My gosh.. what a great line up! Sherbets are gonna be there tooo! Can we expect a special appearance of Asai Kenichi on Tsumi to Batsu? And oh his sexy lady bassist is gonna be there! She's totally gonna steal the show!
A collaboration with Asai Kenichi for her solo-career night, is what I've been hoping for ever since the announcement, but that would just be too good to be true. Like I would fly over there just for that, even though I don't speak Japanese and would feel like a huge loser having to rely on everyone else's English skills (which may not be a lot).

Sherbets doesn't have the "sexy lady bassist". She's in Asai Kenichi's solo-career band, which is comprised of entirely different people than Sherbets. I don't think of the keyboardist/backupguitarist lady in Sherbets as anyone extraordinary (visually or audibly), but she does her job. Asai Kenichi alone, is 70% of that band's overall talent, with the bassist claiming 15%, the drummer claiming 10%, and the woman claiming 5%. She's had some other career on the side where she writes her own music, and I don't know what any of that sounds like, but in the context of Sherbets, she doesn't do anything on keyboard that you couldn't do. To give credit where it's due, perhaps Asai Kenichi holds her further back than Shiina Ringo held back HZM.
Old 2008.04.15, 08:00 PM   #42
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
Sherbets doesn't have the "sexy lady bassist".

That makes me sad.
I like that girl.
SR should totally use her!
Old 2008.04.15, 08:11 PM   #43
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

That's right. Tabasa should replace Kameda in Phase 3. Tabasa on bass and Tabuchi Hisako on guitar. It'd be fantastic.

I'm a bit disappointed now. When JR mentioned her, I thought Scarlet was performing...
Old 2008.04.15, 08:22 PM   #44
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
That's right. Tabasa should replace Kameda in Phase 3. Tabasa on bass
It would give him more time to produce for everyone and their nextdoor neighbor in the whole jpop scene.

Plus it would be nice for a change if fans were busy talking about how hawt Tabasa is in this universe, instead of how gay Kameda is, in some other universe.
Old 2008.04.15, 08:48 PM   #45
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I dont know about you guys, but I'm liking Phase 3 alot already
Old 2008.04.16, 12:04 AM   #46
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by oki-ringo View Post
I live in Okinawa and I want to attend the Rising Sun. Flying to Sapporo is no problem. I don't know how to get to the festival though. Also, do I buy tickets there or at Lawson? I can't read much japanese so the japanese site isn't much help, and the english site doesn't provide much either. How much is it for 1 person? I will probably rent a tent spot and camp there.
This lines out, in English, how much it is.

http://rsr.wess.co.jp/2008/en/tickets/index.html

It is in the suburbs of Sapporo. If I go, which is still a big if, I would stay in Sapporo, but it does look like the camping is a really good deal, and probably a lot of fun. For some people, not for me. Lawsons, e+, and Ticket Pia seem to have tickets available now. You should really consider having a Japanese friend register you on one of these sites, or at least help you get tickets. Or do what I have done, and walk into Lawsons and ask the counter people for help. Generally, they are happy to do it.

I went to Sapporo for the first time this year, Yuki Matsuri. The snow festival was awesome, but Sapporo itself is a really cool town. If I go I will try to go for a day or two on either side to check out Sapporo some more.

Some of these don't look half bad.

http://www.jtb.co.jp/ripple/rsr2008/

Last edited by natsume : 2008.04.16 at 12:26 AM.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.16, 05:04 AM   #47
oki-ringo

oki-ringo pleased at least somebody

Thanks Natsume! Do you know any cheap places to stay in Sapporo? I'm not going to have a lot of money to spend on this. Also, how do you get from Sapporo to the actual festival?
And what is that site you linked? I can't read japanese well enough to make any sense of it.
oki-ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.16, 09:32 AM   #48
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

I'm starting to see a lot of anticipated buildup around her "solo" show, and I've seen this happen before: yeah, she's gonna come back to the rock roots, she's gonna outdo KSK, etcetc, and in the end, she really doesn't deliver.

Which for me is fine, because I always keep my expectations low, and I always expect the unexpected with her, but I honestly don't think she will fullfill the expectations that seem to flourish around here. she doesn't even have as much fans as she used to. It'll be a more low-key affair, if you ask me. The fact that it's called a "ROCK" festival means nothing, because the Japanese idea of "rock" can include all sorts of deviations. Even Rock In Rio, one of the biggest music festivals in Europe, has artists like Alicia Keys or Josh Stone playing?!? So beware...

...If you're gonna spend hundreds of dollars to see her, I would advise to not hope for too much, or else the regret will be tenfold.
Old 2008.04.16, 12:45 PM   #49
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

yeah, I agree. Everyone always gets hyped up about these announcements, imagining it's going to be what they want to hear despite the fact that none of the announcements so far have indicated anything in one direction or another, and then when it's not there's this almost palpable sense of despair and negativity pervading the forum, and everyone starts snapping at each other. It's a vicious cycle...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.04.16, 12:51 PM   #50
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Haha, yeah, but I think it's understandable... We all want Shiina to release new stuff not linked to TJ... Of course, this performance means just nothing... She's only performing due to her 10th anniversary...
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote