Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Do You Like ADULT?
Oh yeah, definitely 45 72.58%
Not really / Not at all 2 3.23%
I like it, but it's not the greatest 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.06.08, 07:20 AM   #91
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

My point of view: when I listen to Kyoiku, after 6 or 7 songs, I start to feel ear fatigue due to the emphasis on the highs. After that period, I need to stop the playing for a few minutes to rest. I still like the songs in Kyoiku, but it's difficult for me to listen to it in one go. I always listen to it in fractions (2 or 3 songs now, another 3 or 4 songs later, etc).
Before, I thought I just had a Cd rip into mp3 with a bad bitrate. I was shocked when I realised this was how the cd sounded. Also, at times, like in Gunjou Byori, in certain passages the sound seems to have suffered too much compression (little dynamic range, and too loud).
However, Sounan, doesn't sound too aggressive, so I usually hear that track the most. I am well aware that all the members of the band are experienced, and it's impossible for the cd to sound this way if it had not been an intentional decision from the band (quality control). I respect their decision, but the kind of mastering they intentionally went for is not completely of my liking. But the songs are good.
Old 2007.06.08, 08:43 AM   #92
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
So what does the fact that I am not bothered by the production of the album have to do with me liking ADULT?
I never said it has anything to do with that. Baseless accusation.
Old 2007.06.08, 10:07 AM   #93
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Kyoiku sounds like sandpaper while Adult is like a glossy marble floor. HF on the other hand, is like microfibre carpet.
I would enjoy to hear what SS, KSK and MM sound to you XD

about Kyouiku:
in my heart, Kyouiku just lose to SS and KSK
and Adult is my less favorite of all SR stuff

so is useless to me say anything, cause I'll always end blaming Adult and overrating Kyouiku

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.08, 10:17 AM   #94
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ Actually, SS is almost in the same category recording-wise as Kyouiku. It's not as good as MM, but it's not quite as bad as Kyouiku.
Old 2007.06.08, 10:26 AM   #95
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Haha Lena, I have to listen to them all again. My memory isn't that good. But I remember SS and KSK sounded kinda dry no? I don't have an actual copy of MM, so I can't really judge the sound quality.
Old 2007.06.08, 10:33 AM   #96
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I love Adult, but more on an individual one on one, song by song basis. When they come up in the mix I usually am always pleasantly surprised, unlike most Kyoiku work, which, as much I enjoy, just comes off colorless sometimes, flat somehow. Adult has a certain quality to it that I don't find in much of my other music so its always nice and refreshing.

I am one of those few who like Toumei Ningen

I also don't mind the studio version of Superstar.

My first impression when I heard Tegami was how strained and horrible Ringo sounded, which I then decided must be on purpose considering how much effort goes into making new work. Funny how now it is probably one of my favorite Ringo songs of all time (except...its not a Ringo song now, is it? More like Izawa or Jihen...)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.08, 04:22 PM   #97
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I never said it has anything to do with that. Baseless accusation.
If it did not have anything to do with it then why would you say that it is odd that because I like adult that I can't hear "the mess that is the Kyouiku production"?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote