Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2008.07.10, 06:33 AM   #2441
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Radiohead - Everything in its right place.
Old 2008.07.10, 06:40 AM   #2442
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Radiohead - Everything in its right place.
Nice! That has lead me to listen to my favourite Radiohead song off the same album 'How To Disappear Completely'.

Edit: Actually, I'm just going to listen to the whole of Kid A :p
Old 2008.07.10, 07:10 AM   #2443
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
Nice! That has lead me to listen to my favourite Radiohead song off the same album 'How To Disappear Completely'.

Edit: Actually, I'm just going to listen to the whole of Kid A :p
It was the Radiohead talk in this thread that lead me to download Kid A! That album is on heavy rotation these days. I love how beautifully textured it is... and how the mood is kinda sombre yet not too dark (like Portishead's Third). My fav track on the album... is probably the Everything in its right place.

Gonna have to buy a copy of this cd.
Old 2008.07.10, 07:15 AM   #2444
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Is this your first Radiohead album then? If so, it's a bizarre place to start, being so different to their other works (well, aside from Amnesiac). If you haven't already, I suggest going straight to OK Computer from here. Not only is it their most celebrated album, but I think it compliments Kid A perfectly. They're just as complex and textured, but OK Computer is so warm and Kid A is icy cold. Man versus machine.
Old 2008.07.10, 07:56 AM   #2445
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Should I bother listening to In Rainbows? I've had it unlistened to for forever. And now its been staring me in the face at the station. I've put off playing it since I figure every other DJ plays it to death (also the Juno soundtrack and the new Weezer album*) But I historically like Radiohead and they're one of the few bands I know that get played.

Howevva, little of what I've sampled sounds any "new" or "exciting." It all sounds like more Amnesiac, which I loved, but y'know. So what on there is really worth listening to/playing?

(*I do play the Buddy Holly cut off of Juno, and I played "Troublemaker" by Weezer. -- That song is shit wtf happened? =p )
Old 2008.07.10, 07:59 AM   #2446
bebio

bebio is an asset to this community

Tokyo Jihad, listen to Arpeggi (the BBC Orchestra version that you can find on the net, from the Ether Festival)

recently, I've been in a mood of Amnesiac.

Man, Pyramid Song can actually bring me to tears...
And I also love the first track, Packt Like sardines.
everytime I take a long bus during sunset hours, I put that song on earphones and it just blends perfectly with the setting.

here's what I am listening: the mighty LITE and Toe!
yay for Japanese Instrumental Math-Rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM7oioKt7XE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcFFPQijqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3dARTNgcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjMsSIc_EoM

Last edited by bebio : 2008.07.10 at 08:02 AM.
bebio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.10, 08:09 AM   #2447
Inaudible-Whisper

I don't really think In Rainbows is like Amnesiac. It's more a mix between OK Computer and Hail To The Thief. Anyway, you should definately give it a few listens. My favourite tracks are Nude, Bodysnatchers, All I Need and Jigsaw Falling Into Place. (And Reckoner and Videotape :p). Really, I just love the whole album. It's much better than Amnesiac.

As for new Weezer, ignore the entire album aside from The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. That one song is better than the rest of the album combined and it's the best song Weezer have made since Pinkerton.
Old 2008.07.10, 09:06 AM   #2448
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Inaudible-Whisper View Post
I don't really think In Rainbows is like Amnesiac. It's more a mix between OK Computer and Hail To The Thief. Anyway, you should definately give it a few listens. My favourite tracks are Nude, Bodysnatchers, All I Need and Jigsaw Falling Into Place. (And Reckoner and Videotape :p). Really, I just love the whole album. It's much better than Amnesiac.

As for new Weezer, ignore the entire album aside from The Greatest Man That Ever Lived. That one song is better than the rest of the album combined and it's the best song Weezer have made since Pinkerton.
I think you are overrating this song incredibly, but that's just me
And it's definitely not their best song since pinkerton, Maladroit had Slob, and a few more songs I actually like (I really don't like the new album )

I think I like most of maladroit more than make believe and red...
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.10, 09:32 AM   #2449
Inaudible-Whisper

Oh I'm not overrating it because I don't think it is absolutely, unbelievably fantastic, I just think it is better than the vast majority of the the stuff that they've put out since Pinkerton. And yes, there are a load of songs I like on Maladroit, Green album and Make Believe, but I don't think any of them are that much better than Greatest Man. But maybe I'm biased because Greatest Man is my favourite song to sing on Rock Band
Old 2008.07.10, 02:19 PM   #2450
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings

<3
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote