Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2012.03.19, 04:18 AM   #401
zombiestrip

zombiestrip pleased at least somebody

Anyone catch the new Prometheus trailer? Really hope Ridley Scott redeems himself after that mess, Robin Hood. Ugh. Should really watch Blade Runner and Alien again to celebrate this Prometheus' existence.
zombiestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.19, 04:38 AM   #402
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by zombiestrip View Post
Anyone catch the new Prometheus trailer? Really hope Ridley Scott redeems himself after that mess, Robin Hood. Ugh. Should really watch Blade Runner and Alien again to celebrate this Prometheus' existence.
Oh wow there's a trailer now? Cool! And yes I pretend that robin hood never happened too :-p
Old 2012.03.19, 07:02 AM   #403
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

I saw the new trailer yesterday about 6 times. I really have high hopes for this, it might just be the best SciFi movie in a long time.

And I really hope there is some kind of very shocking never seen before scene in it, like the chestburster in the original alien, that will give the audience a new dimension of terror.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.19, 09:15 PM   #404
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

So Ridley Scott is being coy about whether this is actually a prequel, which leads me to believe that it's actually a prequel. There's really no question, and it should be a great film.

Should really watch Blade Runner and Alien again to celebrate this Prometheus' existence.
You convinced me!

Actually, screw Alien, I just want to watch Blade Runner. (Incidentally, the Collector's Edition of Blade Runner is probably the greatest fucking Blu-ray you can buy -- five versions of the film, and the Final Cut is reference quality. And it's going to get even better when the 4K version is released in 10-15 years.)
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.20, 03:57 AM   #405
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Alien is to me the best scifi AND the best horror movie of all time.

And from some analysis of the trailer, it seems EXTREMELY likely that Prometheus is a direct prequel. And it's not just the same alien ship, and a clearly visible space jockey, one image looks like a frozen Alien.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.20, 06:56 AM   #406
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Don't watch the devil inside.

The movie is only 1+ hr. And the ending really really sucks. It just leaves you wanting so much more and disappointed with the waste of your money.

Go download it if you really must watch it.

The Prometheus trailer looks absolutely awesome. Every once in a while, I regret deleting the alien series movies from my hard drive.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.22, 06:11 PM   #407
zombiestrip

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
Actually, screw Alien, I just want to watch Blade Runner. (Incidentally, the Collector's Edition of Blade Runner is probably the greatest fucking Blu-ray you can buy -- five versions of the film, and the Final Cut is reference quality. And it's going to get even better when the 4K version is released in 10-15 years.)
I bought the Blu-ray for the Final Cut of Blade Runner only cause it was on sale. Would love to get the Collector's Edition but I'm not huge on Blade Runner as much as most people seem to be. Haven't seen the transfer yet but have heard great things about the quality of the image and sound.

Mannnnn, I've seen the Prometheus trailer far too many times now. People are saying that the tiny speck on Michael Fassbender's finger is a xenomorph before it takes it's host. I dunno how true that is but needless to say with all the Alien-esque shots within the film, I think it's safe to say that this pretty much IS an Alien-prequel of some kind. Need to get Alien on Blu-ray... Been YEARS since I first saw it. :|
Old 2012.03.22, 06:23 PM   #408
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I bought the Blu-ray for the Final Cut of Blade Runner only cause it was on sale. Would love to get the Collector's Edition but I'm not huge on Blade Runner as much as most people seem to be. Haven't seen the transfer yet but have heard great things about the quality of the image and sound.

Mannnnn, I've seen the Prometheus trailer far too many times now. People are saying that the tiny speck on Michael Fassbender's finger is a xenomorph before it takes it's host. I dunno how true that is but needless to say with all the Alien-esque shots within the film, I think it's safe to say that this pretty much IS an Alien-prequel of some kind. Need to get Alien on Blu-ray... Been YEARS since I first saw it. :|
I'm a big fan of the first 3 alien films but everything after/related has sucked. Hopefully prometheus changes this
Old 2012.03.23, 03:54 AM   #409
zombiestrip

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I'm a big fan of the first 3 alien films but everything after/related has sucked. Hopefully prometheus changes this
Even the third one? That's interesting cause a lot of people only ever love the first two Alien films! I'm a little kinder to the third one only because David Fincher directed it (even if it wasn't all that great of a job but he had producers and studio execs breathing down his throat to change everything) and because it's probably the nicest looking bad movie you'll ever see. Ahhh that cinematography!

I've never seen Alien: Resurrection but oddly enough I am rather enticed by the idea of it (Ripley clones, bahaha). I know it's got a bad reputation but I'd be willing to force myself to get through it, haha. I don't even count the Alien vs Predator movies as being part of the Alien experience. I admit when I was like 13 I thought the first AvP was pretty cool but looking back now I realise how stupid I was. Don't even want to see AvP: Requiem. I've learnt that adding "Requiem" to the name of your sequel doesn't help the quality of your film... (looking at you Battle Royale).
Old 2012.03.23, 05:31 AM   #410
deadgrandma

The third one despite its obvious flaws, had a good atmosphere and I feel ripleys character truly comes full circle. I never hated it but watching it now i appreciate the direction a lot more than the movie itself.