Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.03.25, 10:05 AM   #521
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I think I'm gonna watch Lost in SD again tomorrow before school. I can't wait after this almost filler episode...
I'd say the episode was more of a set up for the second half of the season than a filler. Filler episodes usually do nothing to push the story forward, contain no substance and are literally just to fill a season between the awesome episodes. People use the word too commonly now applying it to slower episodes, but this episode was anything but filler in terms of continuing the story and setting the characters up in their new situations. For it to be filler, we'd have had an episode focusing on Juliet's life as a mechanic for 3 years But yeah, even Damon and Carlton said it's the stop gap. The end of the first half of the season -- getting them back, and the start of the second half of the season -- Dharmatime. It was an enjoyable set-up and I expect tonight's to be a bit more meaty.
Old 2009.03.25, 02:23 PM   #522
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

that's why I called it the "almost filler"
There 's no word for what the episode really was, but filler comes close, as the situation is almost the same as in the last one + what I would call "natural progression".
= Except for Suns meeting with Christian, nothing unexpected happened.

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.25, 02:26 PM   #523
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Yeah, plus a Lost filler episode is still better than almost everything else on TV :p
Old 2009.03.25, 09:05 PM   #524
golem09

What the FUCK?

I felt safe there in my thought of an unchangeable past......
Lost, welcome to parallel timelines and stupid paradoxes.

Unless the first scene of the next episode shows Ben getting healed by Richard or the island or whatever.
The rest of the episode was even slower than last week. The Lost speed bullett trains seems to slow down.

MyAnimelist

Last edited by golem09 : 2009.03.25 at 09:09 PM.
Old 2009.03.25, 09:25 PM   #525
Inaudible-Whisper

What the FUCK?

I felt safe there in my thought of an unchangeable past......
Lost, welcome to parallel timelines and stupid paradoxes.

Unless the first scene of the next episode shows Ben getting healed by Richard or the island or whatever.
The rest of the episode was even slower than last week. The Lost speed bullett trains seems to slow down.
It had to slow down a bit at some point I suppose now that everyone is back and the island has stopped flashing. Still very interesting episode despite the slower pace and the last 10 minutes were awesome. I'm still not buying that anything has been changed. I still fully believe in "Whatever happened happened". Ben will survive this and this shooting will always have been part of his past. Yes, that means that from the moment Ben first met our Losties he knew exactly who they were and that Sayid shot him 29 years earlier. Heck the next episode is even called "Whatever Happened Happened". It's likely going to show that their actions are cementing the future, and no matter what they do they can't change it because, as Sayid has shown, even trying to just change the future can cause it.

What is really awesome is that the Losties are somewhat creating the future they themselves lived in. If it wasn't for Juliet, Ethan may not have been born (complicated birth and all) and now Sayid has attempted to kill Ben to wipe away Ben's murderous future but he may have inadvertently created the Ben we know and love. He has likely made Ben untrustworthy and ruthless. If Sayid hadn't shot Ben, he might have grown up to be a normal kid with a grudge against his dad. He may not have kick started the purge. Sayid's and everybody else's actions are forming the future, not changing it.
Old 2009.03.26, 05:05 AM   #526
golem09

Yeah, that's my guess, too. It was just such a shock at the end

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.03.26, 10:55 AM   #527
golem09

Before I forget it, Hurley is in the coolest Dharma station yet: The Kitchen

And one question? When is the next pause on Lost?

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.03.27, 05:21 AM   #528
Inaudible-Whisper

Before I forget it, Hurley is in the coolest Dharma station yet: The Kitchen

And one question? When is the next pause on Lost?
After episode 13 there is another 1 week break before the 100th episode. Aside from that, straight through to the finale on May 20th. The finale has now been filmed by the way, so keep away from any spoiler sites.
Old 2009.03.27, 02:26 PM   #529
golem09

My theory on Ben's future health condition and the whole time paradoxon thingy:

When Ben and Richard met, Ben was nothing but a tool for Richard. Richard needed him to get access to Dharma and prepare the purge. For that of course Ben would have to get in a proper position and so he told him, he'd have to be very patient. Richard did NOT think of Ben as special in any way.

Then Sayid shot Ben. Ben survives, gets completely healed by the island, not Jack or Juliet.
THIS is what actually makes him the leader of the others instead of just another member. Richard sees him resurrect and thus knows that he is indeed VERY special and important to the island. Without Sayid shooting Ben, the purge would have happened, but after that Ben would have lived with the others as just another member. So Sayid didn't change his personality by shooting him, he just got him into a position where his personality would be changed into the Ben we all know.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.03.27, 03:49 PM   #530
Inaudible-Whisper

It's a decent take on things but I still think ben forces his way to the top. Richard may or may not think that ben is special but we know that ben is seemingly keeping Jacob trapped and he seemingly forced then-leader widmore off the island. He also shot Locke in a, I believe, act of jealousy as Richard and the island appeared to favour john. I do think ben has the islands interests at heart but Richard and now the island disagree with what he is prepared to do to achieve his goals; actions I believe may stem from his young impatience and shooting.