Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.21, 10:08 PM   #11
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

Aww. That kinda sucks , i ordered mine from yesasia instead because they had no more "first press" , Would I still get it from yesasia?
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.21, 11:08 PM   #12
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Marunouchi could hold me off for another 2 weeks. And if its the same as at expo, then it most certainly has hip hop elements but they are not even the slightest bit lame by anyones standards.

EDIT: Expo Marunouchi is reason enough to not give up on the album. Hell I don't have any other reason not to at this point.

EDIT2: Thats not true, thats just me trying to keep my hopes low so I'm not disappointed by 'solo ringo does Jihen songs with friends who aren't even as good as Yukiguni'
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.21, 11:35 PM   #13
makenshiww

Im willin, To not sleep tonight . its already 3am here im back in nyc.

I am Actually very excited to see how the album blends together as a whole.
Its always nice when it can be pulled together neatly

Last edited by makenshiww : 2009.06.21 at 11:39 PM.
Old 2009.06.22, 12:06 AM   #14
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

right now it is 5PM in Japan, Monday the 22nd. The album is probably being sold in non-chain stores at this very moment, and it will be put on shelves in all stores nationwide as soon as they open tomorrow morning, sometime in the next 12-18 hours or so. So just sit patiently, I'm sure you will be able to find a legit torrent of this album on jpopsuki of kyo music city in the next 24 hours.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 12:18 AM   #15
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Come on Yahiko! More impressions!

Originally Posted by lazer85 View Post
Marunouchi could hold me off for another 2 weeks. And if its the same as at expo, then it most certainly has hip hop elements but they are not even the slightest bit lame by anyones standards.
'
Well, I like your opinions so I'm anticipating the new version now. Indifferent towards it before, especially with Ukigumo (I did like how the New Way to Fly opened in JCHI though)

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.06.22 at 12:23 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 12:37 AM   #16
kuro_neko

a little bird told me that Marunouchi EXPO version starts with koto and then later has Uki doing a lot of vocal instrumentation such as in Torikoshi Kurou, giving it a really distinct vibe.

the same little bird also said that the new arrangement of Yokyo was making it the ashereto promised "rock" track and Mittei no Monogatari was like an English Mayonaka.
Old 2009.06.22, 12:48 AM   #17
makenshiww

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
Mittei no Monogatari was like an English Mayonaka.
I'm actually a bit scared about that one.....
Old 2009.06.22, 01:13 AM   #18
kuro_neko

I'm looking forward to the lyrics since usually she uses Robbie Brown for translations into English and this time around the lyrics are officially credited to Jack Brown (noted in the liner notes as serving as her English advisor for the track, her listing him as writing the lyrics is probably a combination of respect for his help and Ringo being modest). New translator could make a huuuuge difference.

I'm also looking forward to Bonsai Hada. Accordion = win.
Old 2009.06.22, 01:19 AM   #19
makenshiww

Oh. I didn't even Notice that It was a different translator. Thats interesting. I really hope that the album is more experimental, Not that I need something too drastic, but. I have been a bit sick of her soothing jazz voice. Something with a bit more spunk would be great
Old 2009.06.22, 01:53 AM   #20
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

hahaha I never heard New Way to Fly. I hated the first few demo songs I heard so I just stayed away from them all, listening to it now I'm pretty sure Expo Maru-sa is a mix of the 2 versions but largely accapella with some hip hop thrown in. I'm reallllly a big fan of artists reworking their old stuff in drastic ways so for me its a big deal. The 2 versions of Ringo no Uta, Shuraba, Koufukuron and even the neko versions of mesai and another song are two are some of the most impressive parts of Ringo's career to me. Notice I did not say kuki or yokushitu (I HATE DISNEY RINGO!).

PS: I don't know why I stayed away from demo's their really interesting even if they suck. Maybe cause MM is my least favorite solo Ringo album.

I'm imagining if I found the sigma demo on myspace, I'd probably crack up and think the girl had balls for trying but a long long way to go.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote