Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.05.10, 12:01 PM   #141
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
I fail to see how criticizing a song you don't like is blind. Everybody here has clearly heard the material they've been criticizing and not saying "Toumei Ningen suxxorz!" without actually hearing the song.
I guess I should not have said they are both blind, but what I mean is that they are both the same. This is because, if you are a blind fanboy/girl you will like anything the artist puts out and never stand against them when they do something wrong; this is bad. Then, if you criticize an artist just because you didnt like a specific song, I think this is also bad because one song does not define an artist. Just like you mention toumei ningen, someone would say "adult sucks" and you say why, and they say "listen to toumei ningen." I think that if you dislike a song by an artist, that does not make them any less creative or worse artist.

But maybe I just took what you said too far, but regardless, who's to say who's opinion matters and whose doesn't? If a fanboy/girl likes a song just because its their favorite artist and not because the song is good, thats the same as someone who dislikes a song for another reason so why is their opinion valued more? Just because you are not a fanboy/girl does not mean that you are any better than someone who is.

Last edited by HEDOfloe : 2007.05.10 at 12:04 PM.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.10, 02:56 PM   #142
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

In the end of the day, it's my opinion that matters, guys.
Old 2007.05.10, 06:06 PM   #143
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
In the end of the day, it's my opinion that matters, guys.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

The way I see it is, if someone wants to like a song, let 'em like it. And if someone wants to hate a song, let 'em hate it. State your opinion if you want, and if that makes any difference (which, most of the time, it won't), that's awesome. But if it doesn't...that's their problem. No skin off your back (that is, unless you let it bother you).
Old 2007.05.10, 06:33 PM   #144
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

The way I see it is, if someone wants to like a song, let 'em like it. And if someone wants to hate a song, let 'em hate it. State your opinion if you want, and if that makes any difference (which, most of the time, it won't), that's awesome. But if it doesn't...that's their problem. No skin off your back (that is, unless you let it bother you).
I completely agree with that. I just hate when someone says "that song sux" without a reason
Old 2007.05.10, 08:38 PM   #145
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well the thing is, if it sucks, you know it sucks right away. There's rarely a deliberation process. So you can go right tothe wire to broadcast your first impression.

Now what takes a while is figuring out why you dislike it. What elements are the prime agents of crappiness. See, that takes a while.
Old 2007.05.10, 09:57 PM   #146
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
when SR pick another guitarist worst than uki... we will say "I think I miss ukie O.õ"
Won't happen. Not even in my next life.
Old 2007.05.11, 07:26 AM   #147
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Here's the news as I see it:
Shiina Ringo recruits drummer "Ringo Starr" to perform in her band TOKYO INCIDENTS as its 3rd guitarist. Says Shiina (translated from her native Japanese), "We want to fill the band with as many people with similar names as we can. It has never been done in music before, and I cannot fathom why. Ukigumo had only one name, so he was the first to go. [insert Ringo/Uki declaration of love / sorrow for departure comment] We will soon be asking my brother, Shiina Junpei, to join our band with his delicious saxophone skills, and Fiona 'Ringo' will be asked to play our harp. Eventually, Junpei will be removed from the band as we are ultimately aiming for a 'RINGOful' naming system. Our next album, "TOKYO JIHEN: Soup," will consist of covers of songs from each of our new members' solo careers. Starr will perform the famous electrifying guitar solo in Lennon/McCartney's song, "Yellow Submarine," of which he was originally the lead singer. In fact, we are actually considering giving him several lead singing roles in each of our new albums..."

I couldn't stop writing once I started. Basically, the joke was that Ringo Starr would play the guitar and everyone would be sad. Haha, I'm so bad at jokes.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.23, 06:19 AM   #148
HEDOfloe

I was looking through my ADULT booklet yesterday and the first thing you see when you open it is a picture of Uki. I wonder how all the haters felt when they saw that
Old 2007.05.23, 08:50 AM   #149
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

^ We don't care? It's not like seeing the guy gives me an anti-boner or anything like that (that's his tone). I would much more tolerate his playing if he was the second guitarist in the band. In fact, Jihen should go Lynyrd Skynyrd and have three full-time guitarists.
Old 2007.06.14, 11:22 AM   #150
Jonny

Jonny puts considerable thought into their posts

I've looked high, low and medium but haven't been able to find Uki's lyrics of Himitsu for DJ. Anyone have them? I think I saw them somewhere sometime.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote