Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.06.16, 12:16 PM   #1171
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Lumenni View Post
I didn't know Ichijiku no Hana was an Izawa composition !
I thought it was cool but different, now I know why ^^
It's an Ukigumo composition, actually. A very good one, btw.
Old 2009.06.16, 12:40 PM   #1172
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

I'm not sure if the contention between SR/Izawa/Uki existed during the making of Variety, but it would certainly explain why she decided to step back from that album. This supports what I said in another thread a long time ago about SR relinquishing her control to the band members for a reason.

And maybe that reason was Izawa/Uki wanted more input in the band.

SR probably was like, no, your songs suck!

Izawa/Uki then insisted, this is a band like I signed up for, we're not just your support!

SR then relented, and let them have all control in Variety.

Variety was born.
Old 2009.06.16, 12:52 PM   #1173
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Variety was born cuz the fans said on comment cards for lives and in fan mail that they wanted to hear more songs written by the other band members (since they had a couple ukigumo and kameda already, plus izawa's tegami). Little did they know that was the WRONG THING TO ASK FOR. Then at EXPO all the fans who came out of the clockwork wrote that they were tired of hearing self covers with TJ and wished for more solo music and bam, that is what we got. Now we just gotta write on those comments cards that she needs to ditch Uki and Izawa for two new guys, third times a charm.

@ Jihad, I distanced myself and crumpled under the heat from what I reported. I started out quite earnestly reporting that Ringo had admitted to strained relations with Uki, then continued to go on a rampage of speculation that was mostly just me being silly to make light of it. that thread turned into all sorts of ugly and a lot of people called me reckless and such. Well well, look what we have here, months later. So yeah, you can suck it. No one else seems to really have a problem with me declaring that either, except for you.

I'm still holding out hope for SG. It might not be what we are all looking for exactly, but I think it still has its own potential. we all just got to brace ourselves for the worst and then be pleasantly surprised....much preferable than be expecting epic-ness and greeted by epic-fail.
Old 2009.06.16, 01:01 PM   #1174
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
No one else seems to really have a problem with me declaring that either, except for you.
To be honest, I'm more like "Yawn"
It doesn't serve any purpose to go "Suck it" and "Fuck you", even more when none of those things literaly happens, because, well, we don't really know anything and it's just speculation and more important of all, we wanna see the results, not the bickering. Until they official state that Phase 2 is no longer, everybody can "suck it".

Also, I'm inclined to agree with clakaz:
Originally Posted by clakaz View Post
About the fight between Ringo and Izawa & Ukigumo.
She already talked about the "arguments" in the same manner on that Virgin Line interviews and it never sounded very serious. This kind of declaration seems to me just a way she uses to improve their images as "important creative persons" on TJ. "Look! They are authors, they have strong personality, they fight with me over our music!"
And a in a lot of Shiina says, IMHO, she uses a LOT of irony. Sometimes she can be serious (Top Runner interview, for example), other times a mix of irony and over politness. So, always a grain of salt...
Old 2009.06.16, 01:14 PM   #1175
kuro_neko

thats the fighting spirit, Shinji! This board is nothing without piss and vinegar. Besides, where I'm from, telling someone to "suck it" is hardly insulting, it is more just a passing expression said in jest.

I don't buy the casual argument this time around and here is why. That makes sense for pre-variety because she was attempting to make light of the situation, saying she isn't solely responsible for the band and there are other contributing members who have different creative opinions, etc. it paints them in a good light, makes them look like contributors with strong minds.

however, post-variety? it really starts to look like she is having long-term creative differences with them. especially when she says things like she didn't have any other point in time when she could release SG cuz she is obligated to go and do things with Jihen, etc etc.

It is hard to say how much of a bad she situation she is making light of and how much we are reading into what she says, but still, argumentation within any band usually ends up going nowhere productive and good. it makes for uncohesive and uneven work and usually leads straight to a break up.
Old 2009.06.16, 01:34 PM   #1176
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Besides, where I'm from, telling someone to "suck it" is hardly insulting, it is more just a passing expression said in jest.
Until someone goes and "sucks it"

Well, I'm all for a deep restructuration of the band, but the benefit of that is all but promising. Just look at the people she worked with on her first "solo" album in years. Nothing tells me that she will replace Uki and Izawa with better substitutes. Actually, the opposite :x
And even going solo only, as far as we can see into Sanmon Gossip, doesn't really seem to be the solution. One word: Mummy-D.
Old 2009.06.16, 02:15 PM   #1177
kuro_neko

I happened by on iTunes Japan today and low and behold the top bar had an add with the cover art for SG saying Shiina Ringo SG iTunes Limited Advance Track. Unfortunately the link for the ad wasn't live, they must have either added it just a moment ago or there is an error. As soon as it gets upped I'll let you guys know. Then we can all go over and listen to the clip!

edit: I still can't even see what the track is. I got all excited then realized it was probably Shun....still, I'm going to hold out hope for something different. With several tracks getting radio play, I'm kind of hoping it is Vogue. Give us a nice high quality clip of something most of us listened to already.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.06.16 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2009.06.16, 02:17 PM   #1178
clakaz

clakaz is an asset to this community

I don't know if there is internal problems, I don't thint that's the point. It´s just very hard to believe that Shiina Ringo would make public any serious issues within Tokyo Jihen. It just don't match the japanese way of doing things or even her persona, her profissionalism and her behavior until nowadays.
Old 2009.06.16, 02:49 PM   #1179
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I happened by on iTunes Japan today and low and behold the top bar had an add with the cover art for SG saying Shiina Ringo SG iTunes Limited Advance Track. Unfortunately the link for the ad wasn't live, they must have either added it just a moment ago or there is an error. As soon as it gets upped I'll let you guys know. Then we can all go over and listen to the clip!

edit: I still can't even see what the track is. I got all excited then realized it was probably Shun....still, I'm going to hold out hope for something different. With several tracks getting radio play, I'm kind of hoping it is Vogue. Give us a nice high quality clip of something most of us listened to already.
Yup, it's gonna be Shun.
Old 2009.06.16, 03:18 PM   #1180
kuro_neko

booooo she should have done the smart thing and released a new track.
Closed Thread