Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2009.06.22, 05:24 AM   #61
makenshiww

makenshiww pleased at least somebody

I feel soo outta the loop. ::sigh::
makenshiww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 05:27 AM   #62
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Only one day to go, anyway! I wish Rie released her album a day or two earlier, because it would have been a great lead-in.

Yes, Karisome Otome fits with the album. I just said it sounds like shit because I'm bitter that it was included. She could have used that slot for another song...
It kind of seems like a segue song, anyway. It's quick and crazy, and I was thinking that it would sound better when heard with the rest of the album. I'm hoping Jikan is the same too.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 05:33 AM   #63
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

The closest I ever want Ringo to come to Gospel is "Love + Peace".

Last edited by Entry№1 : 2009.06.22 at 05:52 AM.
Entry№1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 06:10 AM   #64
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

my order is still in shipping process...though it may have shipped and they haven't updated it (which has happened before, they'll send it and when i check the tracker, it says it's been out a while before i got their email). still, this might mean that i'll have to wait until thursday when i'm not home to get it --____--.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 06:11 AM   #65
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm really enjoying the album, and I don't think this resembles HF that much... Ryuukou and Roudousha are just perfect, but the rest of the album is pure goldness. Mittei Monogatari (aka 'jazz a go go 2') is just crazy, Maru Chiten Kara is precious (so Aozora/Hatsukoi Shoujo-ish), Tsugou no Ii Karada is... epic.

Mayakashi Yasaotoko reminds me of Sakuran (ONKIO ver.) a little bit, so great. Togatta Teguchi will be the fav track for the most of you, I guess... It's like Kabuki/Yokushitsu/Superficial Gossip -it's really the only track that resembles SG...-

Irokoizata is a little average but I think it's a grower (hopefully), Bonsai Hada is like the best thing of my life (it made me cry the first time I heard it T_T), Yokyou is epic (and she even sings the "thank you" from the EXPO ver., so cute *_*), and Marunouchi Sadistic is... it's... Well, I think Shinji already said it sounds like a gospel track, but that's just what it sounds like, plus the 90s R&B part. Love it.

This is a very, very, very good album. It definitely makes up for Variety. Best tracks, IMO: Roudousha, Mittei Monogatari, Maru Chiten Kara, Tsugou Ii Karada, Shun, Mayakashi Yasaotoko, Togatta Teguchi, Bonsai Hada, Yokyou, MaruSadi. Yeah, well, the whole thing LOL.

Last edited by Orenji : 2009.06.22 at 06:14 AM.
Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 06:29 AM   #66
lonelone

lonelone pleased at least somebody

thanks for your little review orenji !
lonelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 07:03 AM   #67
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

shinji, i skimmed through the reviews, though, just to see what was your overall impression, and i'm just glad that this *hopefully* this wont be another variety-esque bashing session.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.22, 07:04 AM   #68
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I'm really enjoying the album, and I don't think this resembles HF that much... Ryuukou and Roudousha are just perfect, but the rest of the album is pure goldness. Mittei Monogatari (aka 'jazz a go go 2') is just crazy, Maru Chiten Kara is precious (so Aozora/Hatsukoi Shoujo-ish), Tsugou no Ii Karada is... epic.

Mayakashi Yasaotoko reminds me of Sakuran (ONKIO ver.) a little bit, so great. Togatta Teguchi will be the fav track for the most of you, I guess... It's like Kabuki/Yokushitsu/Superficial Gossip -it's really the only track that resembles SG...-

Irokoizata is a little average but I think it's a grower (hopefully), Bonsai Hada is like the best thing of my life (it made me cry the first time I heard it T_T), Yokyou is epic (and she even sings the "thank you" from the EXPO ver., so cute *_*), and Marunouchi Sadistic is... it's... Well, I think Shinji already said it sounds like a gospel track, but that's just what it sounds like, plus the 90s R&B part. Love it.

This is a very, very, very good album. It definitely makes up for Variety. Best tracks, IMO: Roudousha, Mittei Monogatari, Maru Chiten Kara, Tsugou Ii Karada, Shun, Mayakashi Yasaotoko, Togatta Teguchi, Bonsai Hada, Yokyou, MaruSadi. Yeah, well, the whole thing LOL.
This is why I should have stayed out of this thread till release. My level of hype now is unsurpassable.

(I guess the cynicism of this forum pays off, because I believe the impressions posted so far)

The Jazz a Gogo comparison is interesting. I loved SR's version (The first part of the song at least, before she starts the dabadabadabadoobeeday scat. I), and I got the impression that it was widely hated on this forum.
Old 2009.06.22, 07:41 AM   #69
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Lets keep some hype in mind about the "better than Variety" stuff. I haven't heard it, but lets just remember, upon release Variety was "better than Variety"
Old 2009.06.22, 07:44 AM   #70
Scribble R

Hahahahahaha