Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.09, 07:48 AM   #21
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by EmilScherbe View Post
Yamate-dori = Tokyo loop road 6 = Tokyo route 317
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B1%...80%9A%E3%82%8A

One of main road that connect Shibuya and Shinjuku.
Outer than JR Yamanote line and Meiji Dori (loop road 5)
Inner than loop road 7

Yamate Dori under Nakameguro Station (Tokyu Toyoko line)
http://allabout.co.jp/house/townshut...28A/nakame.jpg
Ah yes, the intricacies of Tokyo transportation... XD

Maybe, someday, if I ever go to Japan, I'll understand it. But until then, it'll just be a horribly intimidating enigma.
Old 2007.04.09, 10:45 AM   #22
Stoicism

Stoicism pleased at least somebody

Speaking of the CD booklet I've always wondered whether anyone knew the relevance of the garbled English presentation in the Gibusu lyrics? It shows up in the PV too.
Stoicism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 08:04 PM   #23
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
With that in mind, I remember Uki saying that Tsuki is his favourite solo SR song. I question his taste level.

What's this? People don't like Tsuki ni Makeinu? That was always one of my favorite songs because it didn't end too soon. Lots of catchy songs end when you want them to keep going. This song just keeps on truckin', and I love every second of it. Cheers, Uki!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 02:22 AM   #24
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Thanks, Emilscherbe!! I guess you drive on Yamate-dori often... (Lucky!)

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
What's this? People don't like Tsuki ni Makeinu? That was always one of my favorite songs because it didn't end too soon. Lots of catchy songs end when you want them to keep going. This song just keeps on truckin', and I love every second of it. Cheers, Uki!
Justriiingo said she doesn't think it's a bad song, but I think she questions his taste level because he thinks that's her best song.

Originally Posted by Stoicism View Post
Speaking of the CD booklet I've always wondered whether anyone knew the relevance of the garbled English presentation in the Gibusu lyrics? It shows up in the PV too.
The Ringo Trivia Topic mentions the lyrics, but I think she just wrote them that way since it looked cool. o_o
Old 2007.04.10, 04:03 AM   #25
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by badtzmaru View Post
Justriiingo said she doesn't think it's a bad song, but I think she questions his taste level because he thinks that's her best song.
Thank you badtz! I no longer think that song is that bad now after giving it a second chance a while back. It's really just the intro that I really don't like. It's so... "cute"? It gets on my nerves.

EDIT:
It's obvious that I'm leaning towards TJ phase 1, however, I am not one of those "I hate Uki because he looks like shit!" kind of person. My reasons for not liking him are almost purely musical. And I'm sure a lot of people here will agree. But whether I like it or not, Uki is in the band and unless he does a Hirama and decides to release a single and appear in his debut PV as a half-transvestite, he will be here to stay. If there's any indication, the recent Gunjo Biyori performance with not only one, but THREE Vox Phantoms on Uki, Shiina AND Izawa tells me that Uki will haunt TJ songs for life.

(I hope this doesn't start a Hirama/Uki flame war.)

Last edited by justriiingo : 2007.04.10 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Added the last para.
justriiingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 06:43 AM   #26
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
I like Tsuki ni makeinu. I dont think its the best on the album, but of all he non-pvs, i think so probly. I find it weird Uki would like that song since it seems to be a song he'd be incapable of playing.

You need to STRUM!

In other news: please dont crap up the song by plucking through it, Uki
Old 2007.04.10, 07:40 AM   #27
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I find it weird Uki would like that song since it seems to be a song he'd be incapable of playing.
*burst in laughters*
One nil.
ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 10:52 AM   #28
Linnéa

Linnéa is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Stoicism View Post
garbled English?
Do you mean:
don't U θink? i 罠 B wiθ U
In that case, the θ is phonetic writing of the "th" sound, and 罠 means trap/snare but most importantly is pronounced "wana". So actually, she's writing "I wana b with u".

Or maybe I totally misinterpreted your question?
Linnéa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 08:06 PM   #29
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I thought he was wondering why she wrote it that way but now that I re-read what he wrote, your answer makes better sense. (I think... o_o;;)
Old 2007.04.15, 10:27 AM   #30
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yamate-dori is most important for being a road in Shinjuku, and since her early solo career was all about being "Shinjuku-kei" and some allusions to living in Shinjuku (I don't know if she actually did though) thats why she used its signs all over the booklet.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote