Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.02, 12:01 PM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default [SR] 2003.01.22 - Stem ~Daimyou asobi hen~ (CD) [Single]

茎(STEM)~大名遊ビ編~ (STEM ~Daimyou asobi hen~)

01. 迷彩~戦後最大級ノ暴風雨圏内歌唱~ (Meisai ~Sengo Saidaikyuu no Boufuuu Kennai Kashou~)
02. 茎(STEM)~大名遊ビ編~ (STEM ~Daimyou asobi hen~)
03. 意識~戦後最大級ノ暴風雨圏内歌唱~ (Ishiki ~Sengo Saidaikyuu no Boufuuu Kennai Kashou~)
Total Playtime: 10:50

Limited (Copy-Control) Availability: Amazon.co.jp, HMV Japan, YesAsia
Regular (Copy-Control) Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, YesAsia
Regular (Reissue) Availability: Amazon.co.jp, CD Japan, HMV Japan, YesAsia
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 09:48 AM   #4
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

What's the difference between the regular and the limited edition, since it seems both were on sale?
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.04, 11:14 AM   #5
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I could have sworn this single was titled "STEM ~Daimyou Asobi hen~".

Also, kind of a dissapointing single...only one "new" song, and it was just a remix. I'm sure I'll end up buying it anyway...
Old 2007.04.04, 01:21 PM   #6
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

It is titled (pronounced, rather) "Stem." I corrected it. (These threads look like I made them, but they were edited by someone else... XD)

And, remix, what are you talking about? Both Meisai and Ishiki are different versions from the versions that appear on the album (but not remixes!) and Stem is sung in English but with the same/slightly different melody. It's not a great single, but it's fairly good, and I'd never call a different version a remix!
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.05, 07:57 AM   #7
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

How are Meisai and Ishiki different (except for the fuzz at the beginning and the end)? And no, Stem isn't technically a remix...but the instrumentation is very different (and the lyrics, like you said, are in English), so it's really as close to a remix as SR gets (with the exception of maybe the HF version of Yokushitsu, which still follows the exact same song structure, just with different instrumentation and lyrics, much like Stem did here). I suppose 'remix' is the wrong word, but you know what I mean...
Old 2007.04.09, 03:02 PM   #8
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by zarya View Post
What's the difference between the regular and the limited edition, since it seems both were on sale?
hey Glath
you have it nee?!
I want to know too

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 03:28 PM   #9
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I haven't been able to find a so-called "limited edition". I mean, I've seen product listings on CDJapan and YesAsia SAYING that there is such a thing. I've looked through tens of thousands of Ringo auctions (not specifically for Stem) and for all I know I could have seen the limited edition and not have even known it, because if there is a difference, it's subtle.

I've also never seen a difference for Ringo no Uta. Supposedly the first-press has Mole packaging while the regular doesn't, but all I have EVER seen is what appears to be the Mole packaging.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 06:42 AM   #10
milk

milk pleased at least somebody

I believe the "limited edition" version of this single is an enhanced CD with a data track containing some videos while the normal edition is simply a plain audio cd. I'm don't know how the two differ in appearance though.. edit: Correction. The normal edition does have a data track..but it only contains a player for the crappy (and shitty) Copy Control scheme present on the disc.

Last edited by milk : 2007.04.10 at 06:52 AM.
milk is offline   Reply With Quote