Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2015.12.12, 03:15 PM   #111
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Yeah, I really wish they hadn't cut the concert with that stuff, it's really jarring. Especially Okonomi de. Luckily, not sure if you saw it, but there is at least an uncut version of Okonomi de on there, IIRC it's one of the extras.
Old 2015.12.12, 04:55 PM   #112
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Yeah, I really wish they hadn't cut the concert with that stuff, it's really jarring. Especially Okonomi de. Luckily, not sure if you saw it, but there is at least an uncut version of Okonomi de on there, IIRC it's one of the extras.
Better yet you can splice together the uncut Okonomi de and the end of the cut Okonomi de so it still flows into Ishiki uncut.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.12, 05:27 PM   #113
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Originally Posted by The Most Curious Thing View Post
Better yet you can splice together the uncut Okonomi de and the end of the cut Okonomi de so it still flows into Ishiki uncut.
I'm going to have to try that. Does it just involve splitting on chapter boundaries and rearranging or is there more to it?
Old 2015.12.12, 05:45 PM   #114
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
I'm going to have to try that. Does it just involve splitting on chapter boundaries and rearranging or is there more to it?
IIRC I just used Audacity to find a recognizable peak in the audio rips of the tracks, and pasting them together.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.12.16, 11:25 AM   #115
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Ultra Blue View Post
I really want a studio version of kuki. I think it's the best version of the song.
For me, I'd say the versions of every KZK song performed during this tour are the best versions with the exception of Poltergeist. Album version of Poltergeist can't be touched.

Songs tend to improve when you strip out the avant-garde bullshit and just rock them out. See also Tear and Porcelina of the Vast Oceans by Smashing Pumpkins.

Originally Posted by tsukigimehime View Post
Did Hata still have that killer drum solo like he had during the EM show? Was she moving around on stage as much?
Just watch the Tadashii Machi video from EM. It's all clips from the other shows. The whole band looks more casual and like they're having more fun than at the Budokan. Looks more like the Dynamite tour and the bootlegs sound a bit more like the Dynamite tour as well.
Old 2018.04.27, 01:33 PM   #116
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I watched this a few months ago for the first time in a long time. I am shocked at how boring this set mostly is. It starts off piping hot, then mostly hits the skids until...Kuki? and that's the beginning of the end of the show.
Old 2018.04.27, 01:47 PM   #117
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Those are some of her very best vocal performances though. Enough to keep me on the edge of my seat, anyway.
Old 2018.04.27, 01:57 PM   #118
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Rather than bored, it's more like it just settles down after the start to what is a stunningly consistent quality that's maintained throughout. We could really do without all the nonsense that breaks the show up, but I do have an edited DVD of it I made if I really want to avoid it.

Set-list wise, I'd have loved "Sakana" and "Aisaika no Choushoku" in there and maybe start-end with "Shuukyou" and "Souretsu". Perfection!

Regardless, it's still the high point of all the released lives for me by some considerable margin.
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018.04.27, 04:16 PM   #119
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

To be fair I can't really sit down and watch any of her concerts in full anymore except Zazen Xstasy and Ultra C.
Old 2018.04.27, 04:30 PM   #120
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Last I watched was the Blu-ray of the 2015 show last year. I can't say I sit down to these on the regular any more. For all the releases over the years only a handful were actually good and they've been seen to death!

Ringohan 2007 image quality. NEVER FORGET! I barely got through that the first time! Geko X is also revolting when it comes to image quality.
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote