Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.12.09, 04:42 AM   #511
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
I think he's talking about Boutomin
Me too. And I agree with him. While I don't downright hate the album, it is most definitely TJ's weakest, and there are tracks I really don't like. At the same time there are a few (4 or 5) tracks I like. But nothing comes close to my favourite tracks from anything else Shiina.
Old 2007.12.09, 08:19 AM   #512
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil View Post
I've still never listened to all of 'variety' at once. I've tried. Everything goes along from song to song....and then this weird bassline ripoff (..shining bright on broooaaaadwaaay" ...doop do..doopy doop doo doo..) starts, and I hear this super nasal male voice whine from my speakers...It disturbs me, and I have to turn it off. It actually makes me angry.
Yeah, that has to be Boutomin. I've stated my opinion on this song a few times, but let me reiterate: worst song ever. If there was one song in the whole universe that I wish had never be made, it would be Boutomin (or Our Country by Mellencamp).

I've started to warm up to Sake to Geko a bit even with the Kao ripoff piano.
Old 2007.12.09, 08:58 AM   #513
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
And Hedo, will you just let people say they don't like something? I don't see you jumping in to defend Kyouiku or Hirama or whatever if someone says it sucks, so quit taking it so damn personally if someone expresses a negative opinion about something you omg loooove and support. Even if this statement here was by far one of your less ridiculous.
Well, most people that don't like Kyouiku or Hirama rarely say it, they are usually just newer phase 2 fans who just talk about phase 2. I've talked about my dilemma of having to argue between two things I like before (Hirama & Uki) and so I can't say I have gone and defended Hirama when anyone's bashed him because I don't remember anyone saying anything bad about him, other than probably Tsuchiya, and in that case Maou and JR were all over it.

Also, I was just making a joke! I didn't get all serious about what Cinders said or anything or tried to start an arguement with him. If I had dont that then you could have said I took it personally, but I didn't.

PS. I guess it's not clear that I LOVE Kyouiku AND Hirama and Variety is my least favorite of the Tokyo Jihen's albums?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.11, 04:03 PM   #514
Cinders

Cinders is headed in the right direction

lol wow, I realized it was just a joke too.
Cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 09:35 AM   #515
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Oh, say what? You mean it wasn't the most serious thing ever!?

Yeah, I got that. Just using it as an example (even if--as I said--not the best one) of the type of post Hedo makes that I have a problem with.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 12:43 PM   #516
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

(Though definitely a lot more people than just Hedo occasionally make that kind of post)
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 03:07 PM   #517
HEDOfloe

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Oh, say what? You mean it wasn't the most serious thing ever!?

Yeah, I got that. Just using it as an example (even if--as I said--not the best one) of the type of post Hedo makes that I have a problem with.
So, exactly what about my post annoyed you? If it was clear that it was a joke and had nothing to do with me bugging people that don't like something I like, then what is it? That is was just a joke and nothing else?
Old 2007.12.13, 11:54 AM   #518
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I just had a friend IM me to tell me that he loves Mirrorball and Fukushuu and that everyone else on the album sounds "too carnival meets elevator music"

I almost spit out my non-existent coffee
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 01:36 PM   #519
HEDOfloe

OMG

Although I like those songs, I haven't heard anyone choose those two out of them. If anything, those are probably the most disliked @_@
Old 2007.12.13, 01:43 PM   #520
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I was shocked that a) he picked THOSE two and b) he dismissed the rest as carnival elevator music.

Did he miss OSCA, Killer Tune, Sake to Geko, and Kingyo no Hako?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote