Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.08.15, 11:26 PM   #21
baboo

baboo is headed in the right direction

I saw this vid only and I was mega-horrified by good-friend-of-Shiina Tomosaka Rie....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j838byFk7KM
baboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.16, 06:55 AM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

and this is why her career failed...;;head desk;;

I remember seeing this forever ago and being very very scared.

However, I do own her Ringo produced/written tracks, mainly Shoujo Robot EP and Momen no Cream, all of which are very good
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.25, 08:00 PM   #23
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh so this is the person who Ringo covered for shoujo robot! It's kinda funny that Ringo would cover something she wrote for someone else. I can imagine her explaining it to Tomosaka. I imagine it would go something like this:

Tomosaka: I saw JCHI today . I heard a song that sounded like mine......
Ringo: Bitch, I wrote it!

Cat fight ensues.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.08.26, 10:04 PM   #24
waxringo

waxringo has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I like that tomosaka actually sounds nearly the same live as on cd.
you know that she isnt quite as fake as some acts out there.
i love her and she brings a lot of sexuality to the music.
she must be cool if SR hangs with her and was willing to make her music.
Old 2007.08.30, 06:43 PM   #25
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Shiina should rerecord these songs....but I don't see that happening what with TJ being in the middle (I'm not being resentful)....maybe if she does a "best of"(HF was kinda her stab at that) but I wouldn't count these tracks showing up.....
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.04, 07:24 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by RollOverHobo View Post
Shiina should rerecord these songs....but I don't see that happening what with TJ being in the middle (I'm not being resentful)....maybe if she does a "best of"(HF was kinda her stab at that) but I wouldn't count these tracks showing up.....
Well, Tokyo Jihen already took at a stab at it with Just Can't Help It. Not a bad version, but I like the original better. In terms of A-Sides/B-Sides composition & production quality, Shoujo Robot is probably my favorite Shiina Ringo single of all. There aren't any weak links in this single, and it's all original. There's not a whole lot of point in re-recording it. I'd rather hear a Tokyo Jihen remake of ZCS.

Shoujo Robot is not really a guitar-driven song, so I don't have much opinion about whether Hirama or Ukigumo would do the song "more justice", but for keyboardists, I'd love to hear some Blank-Dunk or Auction style injected into Shoujo Robot, and HZM is a brilliant arranger, so he could make it happen.
Old 2007.09.05, 12:40 PM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
I'd rather hear a Tokyo Jihen remake of ZCS.
Greater blasphemy shall not be spoken
Old 2007.09.05, 12:57 PM   #28
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I would want to hear a remake of this single sang by Hirama XD

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.05, 01:05 PM   #29
RollOverHobo

RollOverHobo pleased at least somebody

Well, Tokyo Jihen already took at a stab at it with Just Can't Help It. Not a bad version, but I like the original better. In terms of A-Sides/B-Sides composition & production quality, Shoujo Robot is probably my favorite Shiina Ringo single of all. There aren't any weak links in this single, and it's all original. There's not a whole lot of point in re-recording it. I'd rather hear a Tokyo Jihen remake of ZCS.

Shoujo Robot is not really a guitar-driven song, so I don't have much opinion about whether Hirama or Ukigumo would do the song "more justice", but for keyboardists, I'd love to hear some Blank-Dunk or Auction style injected into Shoujo Robot, and HZM is a brilliant arranger, so he could make it happen.
I meant it mostly because Shoujo Robot is out of print and I am afraid or ordering through amazon(don't ask).
RollOverHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.09.05, 06:15 PM   #30
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by RollOverHobo View Post
I meant it mostly because Shoujo Robot is out of print and I am afraid or ordering through amazon(don't ask).
There are a dozen used copies of Shoujo Robot floating around Yahoo! Japan Auctions at any given time, usually at low prices and often with no bids. I've only noticed one copy show up in eBay, and that was a couple of years ago when I first bought it. You probably have to use a deputy service to get access to Yahoo! Japan Auctions, and you'll probably pay more in shipping and commissions than you will on the actual CD, more because the CD is cheap than because the service is "out to rip you off".

I'm not sure if I'd trust Amazon (or more specifically the third-party sellers), but you take a chance either way, no matter which way you go in trying to buy Shoujo Robot, unless you travel to Japan and can find it in a Used CDs store, but it seems like too niche market of a product for that.