Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.10, 03:26 PM   #11
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I've never seen so many songs I like be bashed all at once @_@
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 04:07 PM   #12
ChickShhh

ChickShhh puts considerable thought into their posts

Shuraba Adult ver.
SSAW
Service DVL/JCHI ver.
Kronekodow
Papaya Mango
Meisai, Poltergeist, Ishiki, Yokushitsu HF ver.
Kimi no whatever
Yattsuke Shigoto

ChickShhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 05:44 PM   #13
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

ummm momen no handkerchief is awesomeeeee the lyrics are so depressing

I actually like ringo's grunge/noise stuff, like Crawl.

however, I don't find myself needing to make a mix of her weakest material because she already released it

zecchoushu

out of all of her releases this is by far the weakest and contains pretty much nothing that represents what I think ringo is best at. it has some good music on it but the recording/mastering and the general strength as compared to other releases isn't that great.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 06:15 PM   #14
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Service DVL/JCHI ver.

Finally something I agree with! However:
1) It's probably not expected to be a great song
2) I like watching it
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 06:35 PM   #15
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I agree with everything posted by kuro neko. ZCS is terrible. I find Momen no Handkerchief to be her best cover. Epic post by kuro neko.

I'd also say Boutomin, Kronekodow, Bokoku Joushou, Toumei Ningen (Adult ver.) and Oiran belong on a worst song list.
Old 2007.12.10, 07:27 PM   #16
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
Can't participate on this one :x
I would probably choose some Utaite Myouri ones. Maybe Kuroi Ofure, for the messed up portuguese.
But anyway, I like her voice and her songs. There's not really a song that I skip. Can't understand fans these days :x
Sure, there are some songs I like more than others, but I can't hate them, because they have something in common with all her songs. It would be like a contradiction.
I forgot to comment on this earlier but this is exactly how I feel about bands I really like. They just have a sound that I like and so any weak songs they could have are not something that I would hate or really dislike because they have their unique sound to it.

However, I think you're missing the point, Shinji, by saying that you don't understand fans these days. Shiina Ringo and Tokyo Jihen are a very unique bunch and many people have become fans of either solo Ringo or BAND ver. Ringo for many different reasons. So whenever they do something different from what the fan likes, its natural that they will not like it. Just as you do not like some things from Utada because you just don't like the genre. For example, it's not that anyone thinks Heisei Fuzoku is badly made, because it's not, its just that they don't like orchestrated music. Same as people who don't like grungy songs or whatever. It's not what they became a fan for.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 07:31 PM   #17
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Wow, for the first time in a long time, I agree with everything posted by kuro neko. ZCS is terrible. I find Momen no Handkerchief to be her best cover. Epic post by kuro neko.

I'd also say Boutomin, Kronekodow, Bokoku Joushou, Toumei Ningen (Adult ver.) and Oiran belong on a worst song list.
I remember out views were in synch for a really long time on the old forum and then I started getting all fired up and my posts became nonsensical and that is when I think people started thinking I was a deusche-bag

I think since certain members left this forum has become a lot more tolerant and pleasurable to be around and I'm glad to see so many new members posting
Old 2007.12.10, 07:49 PM   #18
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
This topic is making me sick x_X
That's too bad—I sincerely enjoy every song on the mix I made. It's a GAME. A game to make the most off-putting (to most people) mix using only the stellar catalogue one of my (our?) favourite artists! I've done it with Björk, I've done it with Kate Bush, and I'm just bringing it here. This is the first time I've gotten a negative reaction to the activity.

Edit: Of course, I'd never bring the activity to a Tori Amos forum. I'd be disembowelled. O_O As much as I love Tori fans, collectives of them rarely if ever have a sense of humour, which is too bad because Tori herself certainly does.

Last edited by madpawn : 2007.12.10 at 07:53 PM.
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 10:06 PM   #19
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by ChickShhh View Post
Shuraba Adult ver.
SSAW
Service DVL/JCHI ver.
Kronekodow
Papaya Mango
Meisai, Poltergeist, Ishiki, Yokushitsu HF ver.
Kimi no whatever
Yattsuke Shigoto

WHAT?
Meisai, Poltergeist, Ishiki, Yattsuke Shigoto? So you hate KZK?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 10:41 PM   #20
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by madpawn View Post
That's too bad—I sincerely enjoy every song on the mix I made. It's a GAME. A game to make the most off-putting (to most people) mix using only the stellar catalogue one of my (our?) favourite artists! I've done it with Björk, I've done it with Kate Bush, and I'm just bringing it here. This is the first time I've gotten a negative reaction to the activity.

Edit: Of course, I'd never bring the activity to a Tori Amos forum. I'd be disembowelled. O_O As much as I love Tori fans, collectives of them rarely if ever have a sense of humour, which is too bad because Tori herself certainly does.
I've seen this on tori before. And we all know what that cd looks like. IRELAND NON-STOP ;;shudder;;