Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.04.19, 09:52 AM   #11
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Japanese crowds used to be nuts. Especially at metal and hard rock concerts. I believe it's actually the arenas who forced people to settle down due to the injuries occurring at certain events. I'm pretty sure J was forced to stop a concert when the crowd started getting too rowdy. Arenas didn't like the number of broken bones they were having to deal with at each show. So regular shows are more calm now, but festivals still have wild crowds.
Old 2009.04.19, 01:28 PM   #12
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

A couple of comments from HALCALI interviews.

Is there anything that surprised you about how the crowd reacted to your performance or the atmosphere of the concert?

Y: The overseas audience is quick with their responses and it makes it worthwhile. The call & response is also fast. With Japanese fans, they perhaps hesitate a little, but the overseas fans from the start of the show, respond back full throttle. (laughs)

J!ENT: You performed at Anime Central, How was the experience for the both of you performing in front of an American audience?

Yucali: I think it was completely different. Japanese audiences tend to be shy. But looking at their faces, I could tell that the American audience was having fun. They just seemed to be rocking out and enjoying themselves in their own way. In Japan, people usually do the same thing all together, like waving their hands in the air. But in other countries, people don't just copy us, they move in a way that is fun for them. I could see that from the stage, and it made me happy.

Halca: We want our audience to just have fun so it was great.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 02:34 PM   #13
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I agree with Maou. Having been to Dir en Grey and hardcore shows in Tokyo (Children of Bodom), let me tell you, it is anything but restrained. I actually met this one girl in a club with a broken arm and I was like what happened and she was like "mosh pit" it totally happens.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 04:05 PM   #14
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Just same day of 22 years ago (April 19, 1987) a popular punk band called
Laughin' Nose's concert was terminated due to accident that eventually killed 3 and injured 25 fans.

After this incident security of the rock concert was highly tighten.

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2009.05.03 at 06:31 AM.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 04:06 PM   #15
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I actually met this one girl in a club with a broken arm and I was like what happened and she was like "mosh pit" it totally happens.
Awesome. That's totally metal.

It's weird because it is just a Japanese thing. I had standing tickets to a Jaurim concert (Korea's [closest country to Japan] most popular rock band basically, so typical people were there, along with die hard fans) in Korea last year and people were rocking out as much as they would in America. Even with all the girls were in high heels and everything too.

And I never understood how there could be people so excited about The Who that there's be deaths. (well, it was based in part on the system of entering the venue) But they're not that hard and don't have music that moves me.

last.fm

Last edited by mizer_unmei : 2009.04.19 at 04:11 PM.
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.19, 10:48 PM   #16
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
Awesome. That's totally metal.
the best part was this was in a gay club. you would see girls there occasionally, but not girls in hardcore band shirts with casts. turns out that her boyfriend dumped her, same with her gay friend who was there that night, and then my friend left me alone with this guy who ended up ditching me to go home with this other guy. I hung out with them all night and then times after. she was going to school really far out of tokyo for japanese style cooking, so badass.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.20, 07:51 PM   #17
hoopra

hoopra raises the standards of what a community can offer

i woulda been rocking out at this concert even if it was seated, no way i could stay still, even if everyone else was still i would not care, i would do the M. Sadistic slide step and everything as soon as Ringo no Uta comes on, i'd probably go nuts,
any one notice the girl in the pink in the aisle seat at the front tho, dude she was rocking out the fuck out, check her out, i think in Dynamite, M. Sadistic and and that celebration song before service
hoopra is offline   Reply With Quote