Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.03.17, 01:51 PM   #281
Entry№1

Entry№1 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
They're releasing an "Academic" version of the concert on DVD that has a single fixed camera view of the entire stage.

The concert filmed for this DVD is the final 12/21 performance in Fukuoka, not the 11/12 Osaka concert on the main release. Listed as 113 minutes.

Preorders start on the 25th, and it might only be sold on Ringo's site.

They mention that it was filmed using a consumer grade camera, so expect varying degrees of audio and video quality throughout the performance.
This is SO weird. I feel like they were anticipating the kind of complaints JCHI got for all its cinematic interludes... or maybe it's Ringo trying to regain some lo-fi cred? A weird move for what looks like the most Ayu-looking concert spectacle of her career thus far.
Old 2015.03.17, 02:14 PM   #282
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

She's really laughing at us now.

Ringo. Does. Not. Give. A. Fuck. Anymore
Old 2015.03.17, 02:39 PM   #283
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

This is something being sold only on her site for less than $10 USD. Seems like more of a small extra than anything else. It's in no way a major release, as the price and availability of it reflect.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
the new concert has a good set list. At least half of the Toutoukai songs were great. I actually wish there was a bit of Ringo stanning and less toxicity (between all the Ringo boards) because damn.
Haha, yeah. The English-speaking fan community seems to have a lot of negativity lately. I haven't been to the last.fm page in forever because the comments there seem even more negative. I usually only post here nowadays when there's some news that hasn't been posted in English yet. The Japanese fan community is a lot more positive and accepting, and I spend most of my time interacting with them. I do hope that the English-speaking fan community will grow and bring some new and diverse voices to the discussions here.

Last edited by mrnarse : 2015.03.17 at 03:35 PM.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.17, 05:08 PM   #284
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by mrnarse View Post
Haha, yeah. The English-speaking fan community seems to have a lot of negativity lately. I haven't been to the last.fm page in forever because the comments there seem even more negative. I usually only post here nowadays when there's some news that hasn't been posted in English yet. The Japanese fan community is a lot more positive and accepting, and I spend most of my time interacting with them. I do hope that the English-speaking fan community will grow and bring some new and diverse voices to the discussions here.
I wouldn't be so certain. I know Japanese people tear Ringo apart on 2ch for example. The most positive I see about her is probably from the Brazilian/Portugese/South American community, where like anonlurker says, care more about how fabulous she looks/how Gaga her shows are (and goddamnfuckingviralbullshitAyaBambi) than anything else. Just an observation. Not intending to stereotype.

And the 'negativity' is not really lately- look through every release thread on EMF since Adult...

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.03.17 at 05:11 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.17, 05:34 PM   #285
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I might be just speaking for myself but I -don't- just care about how 'fabulous' she looks. If she puts out music I dislike I'll call it out too. I just don't understand why a particular aesthetic is being vilified and the music along with it when it seems to be more of a matter of taste than it seems to be about inherently bad artistic choices.

I mean, yknow, far be it for me to police people's opinions...
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.17, 05:45 PM   #286
deadgrandma

It's not that I mind her look and image right now either (if you look back, I used to defend her whole broadway obsession- even supported Onna no ka wa Daredemo amidst the backlash)... but her music (on her main album) is just... repeating herself. That, personally is ultimately the major problem/most disappointing factor for me.

I also think that this broadway show stuff has played itself out by now, I'm waiting for her to do something I haven't seen already, but it seems that more people bitch when she goes smaller scale than when she goes big scale.

Guess she's gotta go where the cash is.
Old 2015.03.17, 06:40 PM   #287
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

My copy has arrived. The packaging looks fancy click and here
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.17, 06:43 PM   #288
deadgrandma

SO Lenticular! Is it as 3D!!!!!!! as the press release promised? I just am seeing GHOST RINGO here lol

Hope you enjoy it more than us grumpy English speaking fans :-p
Old 2015.03.17, 06:50 PM   #289
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
SO Lenticular! Is it as 3D!!!!!!! as the press release promised? I just am seeing GHOST RINGO here lol

Hope you enjoy it more than us grumpy English speaking fans :-p
Huh? I think complaining is a good way to vent feelings and opinions. And I also agree that Ringo is losing her soul (or she didn't have it at the beginning) in her music since Sanmon Gossip. But it's still way too superior than shitty Chinese Music nowadays.

edit: wait, you edited the comment! It is 3D (cheapy and cheesy technique that I used to feel magical in my childhood), as promised in the press. But I was expecting it should be on the sleeve, not on the inside cover.

Last edited by harry4567 : 2015.03.17 at 06:56 PM.
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.03.17, 08:08 PM   #290
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Here's a Vine of the lenticular:

https://vine.co/v/OVIHq7qriWX

Just saw that the Academic DVD version of the tour is a region free disc, for anyone interested.

Ringohan accepted payment from my foreign credit card when I joined. I hope their online store will too.

Last edited by mrnarse : 2015.03.17 at 08:19 PM.
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote