Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.08, 01:04 PM   #1
kourai

kourai is headed in the right direction
Default Tsumi To Batsu PV

I started this thread long ago in the old place, but at that time none seem to care..
Maybe this time with the new members wiil be different
I have a fascination with this song and this PV, i completely understand the meaning of the song, the lyrics etc, but i don't understand the PV... I feel like the girl in red represents something, a murderer or i don't know but i would like to hear your ideas and interpretations.

What does the torn car represent?
Who is the Lady in red?
what's that green oily thing smearing around?

I love this song and this PV
Old 2007.04.08, 03:01 PM   #2
haruhi-suzumiya

haruhi-suzumiya is headed in the right direction

Maybe she's killed herslef and red represents blood? think of the lyrics
haruhi-suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.09, 06:14 AM   #3
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think the red means the angry of the regret and remorse...the pain of the punishment
and the green oil, I guess, means the things "melting" in her life, and she can't stop it
the car, I think is about there isn't way back to her life (she have now half car, cause she is alone and there isn't more place for another, even if she wants)
I can say that this song represent my life's situation for the last year, so I feel all the emotion behind it T_T
but I don't know if to me it represent the same that represents for you kourai

渾て獨りぼっちだから

Last edited by Lena-chan : 2007.04.09 at 06:19 AM.
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 05:11 AM   #4
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

out of all her PV's I think that this one is probably the most hard to understand.

I think the short clip of Izonshi that is played over the credits gives some insight...in that clip she is dressed in kimono playing shamisen as if it were a guitar, set in a field in front of Fuji with the car, the only very obviously western object in set, which then explodes. I'm not saying this has hidden meaning about the place of Westernization in Japan, but the fact that that is where the car appears again and then later is destructed might have a connection to the Tsumi to Batsu PV.

Personally, I don't think the PV has anything to do with her being a murderer or anything. With the way it starts with her in the car just driving and ending in the same way, I think the whole PV might kind of be like kind of how even normal people you pass on the street kind of have hidden interiors. Almost like the whole PV is kind of her hidden psyche in a way. I also read that car was her real car, which just randomally stopped and died at a light one day, so she had it cut in half. The idea of a sin and then punishment and the whole half symmetry has a lot to do with the whole SS album and that makes the song and PV look really central

also, wasn't this the first single? I mean, Honnou, was released way earlier, but this was the first real single intended from the new album?
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.13, 08:42 AM   #5
freackled

freackled is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
I think the short clip of Izonshi that is played over the credits gives some insight...in that clip she is dressed in kimono playing shamisen as if it were a guitar, set in a field in front of Fuji with the car, the only very obviously western object in set, which then explodes. I'm not saying this has hidden meaning about the place of Westernization in Japan, but the fact that that is where the car appears again and then later is destructed might have a connection to the Tsumi to Batsu PV.
I believe in the Izonshou video that she's specifically wearing a mofuku, which is the kimono worn for a funeral.
freackled is offline   Reply With Quote