Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.31, 08:30 PM   #1
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Is Ukigumo out of Tokyo Jihen?

Hot off the presses guys, and you will LOVE THIS. So thanks to Zarya, who forwards me the ringohan newsletters to skim over for news, I have some interesting tidbits to share for the april letter.

firstly, apparently the fans are guessing the lyrics to the new song with surprising accuracy, but Ringo herself notes in the interview that during the day they recorded she made a mistake. the interview later remarks that we should all look forward to when they release the official lyrics (which means they will probably post them on the ringohan or official website sometime soon)

secondly, about the new single (I know I know, this should go in that thread, but whatever), she says that the people who will watch the drama are going to hear it, and it was prepared for that reason (meaning we will probably get something poppy, bleh). however, that will be a coupling song (meaning 1-bside, so for the price I'm guessing we will get 2 tracks only, probably no instrumental/karaoke or anything) and she asks us to listen to that seperately. so my thoughts after hearing this is that the a-side single is going to be more mainstream/poppy and the b-side will be what we ringo fans are more interested in.

thirdly, they ask her about the Maboroshi song and she says that she was a fan of Mummy-D, one of the guys in the band I guess, and then they suddenly asked her to do the song, so she was happy.

lastly, and most importantly, he asks her about the Marunochi Sadistic that played on the end credits at the show and how the fans didn't forget it and it sounded like Ukigumo was singing along with her during it. That sounds all normal and good but her answer is what is really puzzling.

she says:

"thank you. the theory of discord between us rose to the surface and won't sink, with ukigumo I mean."

okay I know that translation is REALLY bad but the word she uses for discord literally means to have a falling out with, be on bad terms with, etc. she kind of dances around the question a bit, doesn't really answer it, and kind of notes that her and ukigumo are being reported to have a bad relationship. Does that mean their voices compliment each other for the song or what? I Have no frigging clue. but then at the end of the interview the interview notes that we received a lot of good information, about receiving proper lyrics to the new song and that:

it was unexpected to hear rumours of Ringo's dischord with Ukigumo go public

so, even the interview is surprised that ringo is acknowledging they are having issues. does this mean ukigumo is out of tokyo jihen? is that why it is taking so long to get new material from them? is that even perhaps why she is foraying a bit back into the solo career?

only time will tell.

I SURE FRIGGIN HOPE SO. BRING IN THE NEW GUY.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2009.03.31 at 10:54 PM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.31, 08:38 PM   #2
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Any of the studio guitarists from Shouso Strip would do fine. Or Nagoshi. I think Hirama is a closed door, and Asai Kenichi is way too friggin important to be in a band ran by somebody else.

We're probably still going to get Izawa singing sometimes, which I don't have a problem with in Appa, but in Tokyo Jihen the only vocals I want to hear are from Shiina Ringo. I also don't have a problem with Izawa composing 1/6th of whatever is on an album. Anything beyond that should come from Shiina Ringo herself, or a nonbackup guitarist.

For anyone who wants Ukigumo gone so badly - be careful what you wish for. I have to agree with Maou that some guitarists like Yayoshi are worse. For all we know, we could end up with another Yayoshi.

Stay tuned for a digitally re-remastered PV of Meisai with Ukigumo removed out of the background. It'll be the PV that Shiina Ringo "always wanted, but didn't have the resources to produce before".
Old 2009.03.31, 08:40 PM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

It has begun!

*cue the "____ never, Uki forever" chants"

If this is true, I will KISS Neko

EDIT: fuck this shit, i'm out. hahahah, laugh at Jihad.

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2009.03.31 at 08:50 PM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.31, 09:14 PM   #4
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Uki fans will notice that she never looked at him once during Spa & Treatment or the OSCA/Killer Tune interviews. Perhaps it's been going on for a while.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.31, 10:03 PM   #5
kuro_neko

well ringo has been known to have a huge boner for all her guitarists, uki included, and since the hirama x ringo pairing turned sour it was only a matter of time before this went bad. I mean, I know I couldn't front a band with an ex in it. I'm just so surprised the way it was brought up. If she has been having problems with with Uki, why did they do a duet for the Maru on the Ringo EXPO?

Anyone that was at EXPO and remembers the Maru version, was it her and Uki singing together? I mean I just wonder why they would do that if she was having issues with him. But there is no other way to really translate it, I mean the characters for "dischord" flat out mean "bad relations." It is just odd, I mean Uki has been instrumental in her career, he even has a song he wrote on HF (Oiran).

I wonder if after Variety Ringo was like "okay, that was great guys. Here is all this material I've been writing while you had your fun..." and Uki was like "ummmmm" I mean seriously, is Uki stupid or does he just think he can use Jihen as a major label project to get his small band more exposure? Iunno. I won't be too sad to see him go, but he did have character. If Ringo recruits a new guitarist here is to hoping he isn't some soul less drone. After all these line up changes I wonder who else she can ask....

If this turns out to be true I am requesting more rep power, XD. 6 isn't enough for breaking this kinda news, XD
Old 2009.03.31, 10:05 PM   #6
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

....I hate this day. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.31, 10:15 PM   #7
kuro_neko

in rereading this interview I have to add that two things. firstly, ringo was commenting on the rumour that she and ukigumo have a bad relationship. so it can be taken two ways. she was hinting and confirming the bad relationship indirectly and paving the way for more news...or she was saying that since people have hinted at their bad relationship that was why she had him duet with her on maru.

secondly, and the best part. they asked her what her son thought of Ringo EXPO, since many people claimed to have seen him at the shows. Ringo says that he hasn't really commented on it that much, but he has been singing tsumi to batsu quite often and the speed at which he has beeing speaking/singing has speed up considerably.

ROFL. I can just imagine this little seven year old walking around the house singing Tsumi to Batsu. Especially the "just touch my body, that's all that is necessary, I admit" part ROFL
Old 2009.04.01, 12:27 AM   #8
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

April's Fool is so obvious that I only had to read the topic title.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 01:35 AM   #9
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hirama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.01, 02:19 AM   #10
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
April's Fool is so obvious that I only had to read the topic title.
I live in Hawai'i so April Fool's doesn't start until tomorrow, but if you really must insist I can post the entire e-mail in Japanese for your inspection if you don't believe me. I cannot stress how much this is NOT a joke.