Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2009.06.01, 09:45 PM   #21
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Oh, looking at their website it does seem like all Latin all the time, which is just what I was looking for! And when we learned Sallust my Latin professor gave us a manuscript for a Sallust book that another professor sent to us to proofread and make notes about. And it seems that that professor works at that school -- pretty cool.
But I don't know if I'd be able to handle Florida's weather. I like my dark and cold winters.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 08:37 AM   #22
NCORE

NCORE has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've got a collection of anime DVDs and manga about the size of bongo's, some cd's including a lot of Shiina's (not all). Most of it consists of music made before I was born myself. And a lot of figurines I' believe I've never even looked at besides when I ordered them and placed them on some shelf as decoration.
I have a japanese Nausicaä box that I like, I have FLCL twice, the box bongo has and a Dutch release were they write Naota off as a girl on the back cover. I have GunBuster twice, which is pretty special I guess, I have a DVD with the video releases on it, and the Remastered box.
I have a japanese Turn A Gundam box, then lost my interest in anime and haven't bought the rest. Which I regret, I'll probably buy it sometime.

Actually, I've got some more dutch subtitled releases.
I quickly decided to not buy those anymore and go for a region free dvd player. Dutch dvd's were always full of errors such as "Taalen" which should be "Talen", meaning "Languages"... or "Nederlander" (a citizen of the Netherlands) instead of "Nederlands" (the language; Dutch). Also they couldn't be bothered with changing menus too much "Kenshin le vagabond".
I don't own any interesting manga.
I've got a decent amount of artbooks and a couple of guitars, my room seems to have smaller.
I've got a Gibson SG from somewhere out of 2005
a London City Telecaster a beaten up Bird (incredibly cheap Les Paul), I can't find anything on the brand "Bird" either
An Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
A Spanish Guitar that's residing in my brother's room. (not really mine at all I guess )
I've got some really ridiculous stuff too like a NERV neon glowing bar sign and the Negima manga, which I still haven't read beyond page 10 max.
NCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.02, 01:42 PM   #23
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Well, it looks like you have a good collection
I'm envious of the Nausicaä box actually ahah. But I do want to buy both the mangas and the DVD, one day, hopefully, maybe, perhaps, bawww~

About the figurines, got any photos?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.09, 05:45 AM   #24
NCORE

I don't have a digital camera any more, but I'll check what I can actually find when looking around my room
lots of Ayanami Rei's, a Nagato Yuki with the Witch hat and cape and a white SG, A Sochie (from turn a Gundam) and a Yagami Light with L and Misa from death note which was in the Death Box I own. I forgot about that.. :p
errr a Sachiel figure (see my avatar, that's the creature I mean)
An Ohm from Nausicaä (came with the box- along with a water paiting by Miyazaki).
I just spotted a Ropponmatsu (excel saga). And I know I have a maya figure, and could've sworn I had at least one Asuka. But oh well, can't find those right now.
Besides those I have smaller cheaper stuff, like Evangelion revoltech toys and Gundam/Mobile Suit shaped... wait for it... pencil sharpeners.

that's the Nausicaä box I have by the way

Edit: another weird thing I guess, I was going out for a smoke just now, so jumped into my shoes which are Nike Air Sunder Max sneakers, I instantly wanted those years ago after reading Hikaru no Go. *laughs*

Last edited by NCORE : 2009.06.09 at 05:52 AM.
Old 2009.06.09, 06:28 AM   #25
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Awesome Nausicäa collection =)
I'd have to say that Ohm figure is what I'm most jealous of
Btw, what's that cloth(?) thing in the center? Some kind of purse?
Old 2009.06.09, 06:55 AM   #26
NCORE

It's a sort of étui or slip cover for the DVD rather... It's just pretty :p
Old 2009.06.09, 06:59 AM   #27
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Oh, that makes sense. Yeah, it's definitely nice, I love the Mayan style drawings!
Old 2009.06.09, 05:05 PM   #28
zarya

zarya is an asset to this community

I remember seeing that set on sale on Yesasia when it came out... I was so tempted! Nausicaa is def. my favorite Miyazaki film.
zarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.06.09, 05:22 PM   #29
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

Okay! Who's gonna buy this?
To be honest, it's not even that pretty. Just because it's made of silver doesn't mean it's going to be amazing, I guess.
Old 2009.06.10, 09:27 AM   #30
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I have a humongous old video game collection. Up until this current generation (where they stopped making things worth buying,) I have all the major consoles and a decent library for most (I only ever bought 1 game for the Saturn, never bought a game for the Master System.)