Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.10.03, 05:52 AM   #1
jl45

jl45 pleased at least somebody
Default UK Gigs?

hi can anyone tell me if there are plans to play any gigs in the UK..I would travel anywhere in the country to see her play. I recently have become a fan favorite songs include: gamble, Togatta Teguchi, Haiiro no hitomi, love is blind, momen no handerchief, Ariamaru Tomi and SG~Superficial Gossip~, OSCA, fukushuu, killer tune so I would love the chance to see some of these played live
jl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.03, 08:39 AM   #2
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

As you can read in Glathannus' post in this topic here, Ringo hasn't shown any interest in performing outside Asia.

As long as Tokyo Jihen's or Shiina Ringo's albums or singles aren't distributed phisically I wouldn't waste any thought on the probability of a live concert in the UK.

The only thing, european fans like you and me can do, to slightly improve the almost impossible chance of a few live gigs on our continent, is to buy digital copies of their songs via iTunes, instead of downloading them illegally or purchasing expensive import CDs from Japan.
Maybe if virtual sales are high enough, physical releases may follow... but that would still be a LONG way to go for everyone .

Other Japanese artists/bands, like Anna Tsuchiya or Dir En Grey are well known at least among smaller groups of anime- or visual kei-Fans and there are also some physical releases of them available in Europe, that what makes the big difference between them and SR/TJ ... IMO at least.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.04, 01:45 AM   #3
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Wouldnt the label also take note of lots of CDs being ordered overseas? I doubt she'd get enough fans outside of Japan to urge her to tour there since she skipped over a huge chance to cross over with Heisei but I don't think digital or hard copy would do the same thing...but very little at that.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote