Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2010.10.14, 04:50 PM   #31
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Jeane View Post
(I guess it's still debatable whether she was ever into rock before that point, I'm guessing she was) since it seems like she didn't meet Asai until the SS era, and as for a relationship I think that was just conjecture.
I thought they met before she even debuted? His name is forever mentioned in Marunouchi Sadistic's lyrics. But he contributed on SS which was also named because of him. He must have been a really influential dude.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.14, 05:45 PM   #32
Jeane

Jeane pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
I thought they met before she even debuted? His name is forever mentioned in Marunouchi Sadistic's lyrics. But he contributed on SS which was also named because of him. He must have been a really influential dude.
Yes, he's mentioned in her lyrics, but so are Kurt Cobain and Sid Vicious. Asai having a huge and credible rock star presence in 90s Japan and with Ringo being a fan I'd say there is nothing more to those lyrics than them being a nod. It goes without saying really if you have a look back at them. There is a clip of Ringo nervously meeting Asai at a festival in 1999 around the time of SS so I've always assumed it was during this period that she first come into contact with him. I think it's very unlikely that she would have known him personally before she debuted.
Jeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.10.14, 07:59 PM   #33
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Jeane View Post
There is a clip of Ringo nervously meeting Asai at a festival in 1999 around the time of SS so I've always assumed it was during this period that she first come into contact with him.
or she was nervous because he knew what every inch of her body looked like sans clothing. haha errr thats kinda barely legal loli stuff going on if they were dating during that time. I cant even picture that happening
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote