Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite song on Variety??
Ramp 1 1.25%
Mirrorball 0 0%
Kingyo no Hako 14 17.50%
Shiseikatsu 4 5.00%
OSCA 8 10.00%
Kronekodow 5 6.25%
Fukushuu 3 3.75%
Boutomin 5 6.25%
SSAW 3 3.75%
Tsukigime-Hime 3 3.75%
Sake to Geko 9 11.25%
Killer Tune 15 18.75%
Metro 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007.10.25, 04:51 PM   #31
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hahahhah, now I'm going to have to imagine Goldfish too when I think of this song. XD

I wonder if they have those in Japan. o_o That would be so cute if she liked them!
Old 2007.10.25, 05:10 PM   #32
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Frick! Now I will always think about that when I hear the song!! @_@
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.26, 08:27 AM   #33
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think about Sakuran, like mugg, it was mugg nee?!
o.o

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.26, 04:51 PM   #34
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
Sodom to Gamorrah belongs in the same category of suck...
When I first read that, I thought it was a jab at Sake to Geko until I saw the Hirama talk.

Bleh, this isn't really all that surprising or groundbreaking, but the singles really did the job for me (and put too high an expectation for the album as a result, but I digress). To make up for the boring comparison, I decided to have fun with it. Apologies in advance if it doesn't make sense or is complete BS in logical terms.

After taking OSCA v. Killer Tune (or as lawyers now refer to it, the Cloud-Leaf case) to the U.S. Supreme Court, the judges ruled 5-4 in favor of OSCA.

Samuel Alito, John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, David Souter, and Stephen Breyer held the majority opinion. Wrote Souter, "OSCA hearkens back to a time of radical awesomeness in musical history, and it is that foundation upon which much of the world operates today. The ideals of Killer Tune, while by no means invalid, are surely outdated in modern practice and must therefore be relegated to use only in appropriate context in accordance with Ringo protocol." [551 U.S. 27 (2007)]

In favor of Killer Tune were Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Antonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, and John Paul Stevens, who wrote the dissenting opinion. "Killer Tune respects all historical precedents set by the natural evolution of music and thus should be treated with higher significance than the relatively experimental OSCA. By virtue of its dynamic nature and stirring mix of instrumentals and vocals, it exemplifies the broad universal appeal that Variety strived so hard to achieve." [551 U.S. 31 (2007)]

It should be noted that the Court also gave props to Kingyo no Hako, Tsukigime-hime, and Metro, while it was unanimously acknowledged that Boutomin made The Drifters and George Benson cry.

Added Scalia in a supplemental opinion, "Hey, Souter, I come from the referenced era of Killer Tune and I'm pretty sure your ex-fiancée didn't find these nuts outdated in modern practice," at which point he high-fived Kennedy.

Last edited by Positron : 2007.10.26 at 04:54 PM.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.26, 05:05 PM   #35
HEDOfloe

haha good one positron!
Old 2007.10.26, 06:19 PM   #36
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Hahah, nice. Very creative. :-B

Listen to Boutomin twenty more times!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.27, 11:29 PM   #37
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

No matter how much I listen to Boutomin, there's no escaping how much that 'refrain' ("I don't know you, you don't know me"-style part) seems to derail that song... it comes so very close to being my favorite off of Variety otherwise. ;_;

Wow, Ramp, Mirrorball, and Kronekodow don't have any votes. Not surprised at the first two, but I thought someone would've voted the way of the black cat just because it's a weird Stoicism/Service-style song.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.28, 09:10 AM   #38
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

I almost voted for it.
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.10.28, 09:22 AM   #39
HEDOfloe

I am still surprised Killer Tune only has two votes!! @_@ ! I really like Kronekodow, but I'm not really surprised that it has not gotten any votes yet. I think a lot of the tracks are pretty close to each other for most people, maybe because the album tried to go for several kinds of sounds so you have something good for each sort of sound or just some tracks that don't live up to the specific sound they were going for and therefore cannot be "favorites".

And fluffy still has not voted??
Old 2007.10.28, 09:46 AM   #40
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

What was the official English translation of "黒猫道" (kuronekodow)? Was it "My Way" or something? *suddenly recalls that Usher song from the 90s*