Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.12.08, 09:52 PM   #51
Kasanagi

Kasanagi has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
really? usually I will be playing her and someone will comment going "I LOVE this girl's voice!"

then again I do have pretty ecclectic friends. Either way you got to know your audience. If someone is listening to Top 40 they aren't going to care about Ringo, whether she sings in English or not.

and about ringo and gays

a strong, feral-sounding woman who bangs her guitar, molests nurses, and dresses in thousand dollar outfits?

I wonder why the gay men adore her....
Damn cat man you have cool friends one of my friend listens to the Initial D movie sound track *dies*...
Old 2007.12.09, 07:10 AM   #52
zach

zach has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I've been a SR evangelist for years. As a musician, many of my friends are also musicians and musicians are always looking for good music. It makes them very easy to proselytize. I went to college for music, and actually quite a lot of my friends (and a few professors) from college are SR fans because of me. The styles and excellent musicianship on her albums can appeal to any musician. Basically all of my bassist friends fell in love with Kameda ('s playing) immediately. The singers were split on her voice, but they all loved her creative tricks and technique. Songwriters and producers were of course the easiest to convert. They were usually fans from the first song.

Recommended tactics for conversion:
-play one of your favorite songs
-keep playing some of your favorite songs, but make sure each song is very different from the previous
-play the songs until you see their eyes gleam and they look at you like "wow! she's really good!" Sometimes that happens from the first few measures, sometimes it takes a few songs, and sometimes people are turned off. I usually try to stop being friends with those people.

I showed KSK to my jazz workshop instructor, and he was basically choking on himself for the entire album because it was so unexpectedly sublime. I also got to listen to it in a very nice recording studio on their massive studio monitors when I showed it to a producer/engineer friend at the studio. He just sat there smiling and nodding the whole time haha.

I've converted several of my Korean friends as well. I took a road trip with some friends down to Busan, and we listened to HF quite a lot on that trip. They brought CDs too but they kept saying, "no let's listen to Shiina Ringo again."

I gave another producer friend KSK as a gift because I thought he needed to own it if he wanted to call himself a producer. The next time I saw him he had many good things and nothing bad to say, and he's a very critical listener. He just thought it was wicked cool.

Don't know Japanese, but sing along anyway
my mp3 list
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 09:59 AM   #53
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil View Post
HAHA!!! I think Ukigumo is posting on here!!!
makenshiww is actually Ukigumo
Originally Posted by makenshiww
shiina =

many gay boy fans "raises hand"
hmmm
O_O
now we know the truth
Kameda is not the only gay in TJ

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 10:45 AM   #54
alleon86

alleon86 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
hmmm
O_O
now we know the truth
ive heard you guys saying kameda is gay... it is just a joke. Ive heard he went out with one of the lead female singer in anther group.
alleon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.09, 10:47 AM   #55
alleon86

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
hmmm
O_O
now we know the truth
it the truth, gay loves big attitude female stars

Madonna, kelly clarkson,ayu, hikaru, shiina ringo, etc...
Old 2007.12.09, 04:26 PM   #56
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Don't double post, alleon86. You can quote two different things within one post. And yes, we know Kameda is not officially gay. Thanks for the "information" though. 9_9
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.10, 01:45 AM   #57
alleon86

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Don't double post, alleon86. You can quote two different things within one post. And yes, we know Kameda is not officially gay. Thanks for the "information" though. 9_9
k...

anyways

"you didnt get in cuz you're stupid"

that kinda mean coming from her older brother. Im glad they did get along afterwards.
Old 2007.12.12, 09:33 PM   #58
Positron

Positron has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Admittedly, with the possible exception of Karada, one (probably) does not listen to Shiina Ringo with the intent to feel all super-masculine about it. ("All right! Let's get in the zone by listening to Akane sasu kiro terasaredo*!")

That's what looking at her is for.

Anyway, still trying. I think I converted two more...

*it almost doesn't work; slight rush when it goes into the English lyrics, but nearly not enough to carry you through weight training, beating up rival gangs, or saving the president (not the current one, though)

Last edited by Positron : 2007.12.12 at 09:40 PM.
Positron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.12, 10:20 PM   #59
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Crawl and Fukou Jiman are example enough of why Ringo attracts the gays

A lot of time Tori refers to her work by girls and so sometimes the fans talk about the songs being girls or boys and I think the same could be said with Ringo, some of her song have very male perspectives and energies, and sometimes they have female.

that is probably why she attracts many gay guys, because she holds that masculine and feminine really well.

and we all know that Honnou is totally her gay song. No questions asked.

edit: Positron, if Karada is your example of a masculine song I think I might just to reconsider this liking guys things
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.12.13, 06:20 AM   #60
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Karada is one of those songs were I feel like Ringo is singing to me . Oh and Mr. Wonderful .
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote