Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.04.10, 01:16 PM   #1
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts
Default Karisome Otome - Where is the "o"?

I was listening to Karisome otome death jazz version while on the train and I noticed that on the album art it does not have the character for "o." so why is it not called Karisome tome? or is the O just implied?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 02:43 PM   #2
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Name:  karisomeotome65288deathmm1.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  109.6 KB

"KARISOME OTOME"

You might have confused the Kanji character with the Hiragana letter "to".
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 03:56 PM   #3
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.10, 11:17 PM   #4
Chiugai

Chiugai pleased at least somebody

I hate to bug you, but could you maybe upload an mp3 of Karisome Otome Death Jazz version? >_< I've heard it thanks to youtube, and I really love it, but I don't have an mp3 I can take with me away from my computer. I'd really appreciate it!
Chiugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 12:16 AM   #5
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

First of all, take a look at Rule #10. It's for legal reasons. A lot of money has been put into this site and we really don't want it to get closed down.

Second of all, having an MP3 of Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) is a bigger mess than you know. The only official way to get it (at the moment) is to buy a 128kbps AAC file from iTunes Japan. To convert that to MP3 (even if to 320kbps) is going to sound worse than if the song were in MP3 to begin with, because it'll have gone through more than one generation of loss. There are three other sources for this song (arguably 4).

1.) The first Sakuran promo DVD, not sold in stores, but given away with pre-ordered movie tickets. The problem with this DVD is that the audio is in Dolby Digital, so compared to AAC, you're trading one kind of lossy compression for another. You turn this into MP3 and you're going to have the same problem.

2.) Industry insider promo CDs. The audio on them is raw, so the owner of one could convert to any type of format/bitrate they want, and it wouldn't be multiple generations of loss. The problem here is that each CD has watermarks unique to each authorized personnel a Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) CD was given to, which means somebody is in trouble if files are circulating around the web, so don't expect anyone to share.

3.) The upcoming Heisei Fuuzoku DVD, which is only two weeks away. This will supposedly include Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.), and presumably in a DVD form of raw audio that couldn't be traced back to whoever ripped it since it's a retail product. The problem here is that it's not just a DVD, it's a DVD-A, and those are especially tricky little buggers to rip.

4?) The upcoming Heisei Fuuzoku LP, also two weeks away, and includes the core album as well as Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.), very much like the DVD being released on the same day. The problem here is that without a particularly gentle and quiet turntable involved, any attempts to record (and/or filter) this are going to sound no better than the second generation lossy files you'd have to make in other approaches.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 01:14 AM   #6
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Can I still upload multimedia that isn't available for immediate purchase (unreleased studio versions, demo tracks, live bootlegs, rare concert footage)? vBulletin's policy is based on the DRM acts, and that doesn't scope Asian music. In any respect, the chances of this forum getting a complaint (or worse) is non-existant.

So what are the rules on media we are allowed to share?
Will a sub-topic (or forum) be set up to hide such content away from guests (therefore hiding it from anyone who might object)?

There is too much rare Shéna music that, I think, should be publically available.
Op2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 01:19 AM   #7
Chiugai

Chiugai pleased at least somebody

Indeed, there should still be a media forum for active members. You could keep a post-count restriction so only active members in the community can use it.

And sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble, but I consider the Karisome Otome Death Jazz version to be rather rare...seems to be only released on special promos and such.
Chiugai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 06:30 AM   #8
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Well if you're really desperate for an mp3 and don't really mind poor audio quality, you could go http://vixy.net/ and rip the audio out of the youtube file.
Old 2007.04.11, 07:17 AM   #9
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

its a shame this only got the digital distribution and then release on mediums that aren't really of any use to almost anyone other than collectors and audiophiles.

IMO the Death Jazz Vers. beats the pants off the album version and most other stuff that came from HF Era.

but that is just me.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.11, 10:19 AM   #10
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Than start listening to Soil & "PIMP" Sessions, if you still aren't doing it^^

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote