Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.04.23, 06:36 PM   #11
anonlurker

^^

Like Soccer (cough), I expect this to be a single of two half's. Both wildly exciting, unpredictable and full of drama (PR speak right there).

Old 2014.04.23, 06:49 PM   #12
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Kronekodow says the single is out on June 11. Also says something about the dawn of a new era of Shiina Ringo, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to take that seriously.
Edit: Oops. Late to the party.

The "Dawn of a new era of Shiina Ringo" stuff kinda bothers me...
Why does it bother you? Is it the idea of more mainstream friendly, 'NHK McRingo?'

Last edited by Scribble R : 2014.04.23 at 06:53 PM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 06:49 PM   #13
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
This is what happens when North Americans ritualize political-correctness. Not only are there Africans who never left Africa, but there's people in most other corners of the world, of obvious (or not far-removed) African descent. It's not offensive to point out that a human feature or a cultural phenomenon is African-like, but to always bundle African with "American" is just silly.
The only reason I used the term is due to nimh rat censorship and recent complaint of human behind.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 06:59 PM   #14
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Why does it bother you? Is it the idea of more mainstream friendly, 'NHK McRingo?'
Well, that was Jihen's job afterall... and you know what happened there.

That, and Ima/Carnation/Iro were just so damn promising (to me anyway)... some real meaty cuts for the hardcore fans.

But we haven't heard this yet. I just have serious doubts I'm gonna enjoy it. Like Kodoku no Akatsuki.

The real question here though is
"Do I lump this with Re-importation and wait a couple weeks (to save on shipping), or purchase separately?"

I might go with the latter- that way, I can read reports on whether or not the poster is genuinely "external" and IF NOT, can change to Amazon and get these two together with cheaper/faster shipping. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.04.23 at 07:08 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 07:38 PM   #15
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

She should have put that sticker where the mole used to be.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 07:54 PM   #16
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

to be honest I'm not very excited about this news because I usually have a strong dislike for anything soccer-related which includes world cup theme songs and that kind of stuff. so I don't have high expectations from this release.
however I wouldn't mind if Ringo did a theme song for the Tokyo Olympics.. (yeah, I know it only starts in 6 years)
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 07:58 PM   #17
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony is gonna be produced by AKB48 producer Yasushi Akimoto.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 07:59 PM   #18
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
The only reason I used the term is due to nimh rat censorship and recent complaint of human behind.
Oh and for the record, the vast majority of my "language policing" here is the result of posts reported to me by forum members. The idea that I comb over every word on here looking for content to moderate is ludicrous.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.04.23, 09:05 PM   #19
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TYCT-30027

1000 yen.

If Iro/Kodoku is anything to go by, this pricing means 2 songs.
Old 2014.04.23, 09:17 PM   #20
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Inseu View Post
Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony is gonna be produced by AKB48 producer Yasushi Akimoto.
the Japanese government should send AKB48 and their friends to exile in North Korea while the Olympics are on to hide them from the rest of the world.

my wet fantasy for the Olympic Ceremonies is that both opening and closing ceremonies will be giant Ringo concerts with guest performance by various artists (including a massive Utada comeback, if it won't happen by then). TJ will reunite to open the Olympics with Ikiru and close it with Kimaru while wearing their Sports-era clothes (no Senko Shoujo or Toumei Ningen will be performed, only those 2 songs)
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote