Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.
Closed Thread

Old 2007.09.17, 05:08 PM   #21
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I would not be happy if three new songs came out on a DVD.

EDIT: Actually, I'd be happy to have three new songs, but not as happy as I would be if they were on a CD.
Old 2007.09.17, 06:28 PM   #22
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
This DVD might just be, like pariscombo said, Tokyo Jihen's sixth single.
CDJapan says it is a "DVD single" featuring 3 brand new songs. ( http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TOBF-5540 ) So, maybe, Tokyo Jihen's 4th album is already in production?

I still think OSCA and Killer Tune have to be on it, and therefore it is a video compilation, not a single, but we shall see.
what do I have to do to get you people to actually read my posts?

;;points upward;;

agaiiiiin, OFFICIAL RINGOHAN E-MAIL states the DVD is Senkou Shoujo, Killer Tune, and OSCA with, as I stated above, OTHER BONUS TRACK(s). cdjapan is notorious for fluffing up the details so when someone like myself or frecklegirl post LEGIT OFFICIAL NEWS here it frosts my cupcakes when it gets passed over for speculation. The news is FIRST AND FOREMOST those three tracks with the "plans on including other bonus tracks." Those could be anything...but to go with cdjapan's description when we have official ringoha announcement is ludicrous.

edit: and by "three new songs" I bet they still mean Senkou Shoujo, OSCA, and Killer Tune. They are the most recent and technically still "new" (albums that come out months previous are still advertised as being the 'new album' from so and so) so don't get your panties in a twist quite yet.
Old 2007.09.22, 05:20 PM   #23
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Oh, it's not yet up to order, but there will be an vinyl release of this DVD as well. TOJT-26351.

The DVD will contain alternate takes of OSCA and/or Killer Tune; I am unsure if it is just the first pressing that features this. HMV says "Senkou Shoujo + The Two Singles (tentative) (Analogue limited edition)"
this was changed to vinyl special pressing of Goraku (Variety), same code

HMV
Old 2007.09.22, 06:02 PM   #24
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Oh, it's not yet up to order, but there will be an vinyl release of this DVD as well. TOJT-26351.

The DVD will contain alternate takes of OSCA and/or Killer Tune; I am unsure if it is just the first pressing that features this. HMV says "Senkou Shoujo + The Two Singles (tentative) (Analogue limited edition)"
Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
this was changed to vinyl special pressing of Goraku (Variety), same code

HMV
That's a very interesting thing to note (the correlation between product numbers). If the vinyl is Variety, then somebody at the Marketing & Sales arm of EMI was asleep at the wheel, because ¥2,800 is cheaper than the CD (when new LPs are never so), and it would have to be more than one 'disc', because Variety is only 49:13 in length (if the announced track lengths are accurate - this also doesn't count Senkou Shoujo).

It's possible that HMV Japan is under-reporting the LP (while at the same time giving us the deal of the century), but even if that were the case, there has never been a Tokyo Jihen album on LP. It's always been a mini-LP with 3 tracks on each side, and Tokyo Jihen is probably continuing that tradition. I don't know what the other three tracks would be - probably select hits from Variety. They'd never give us a three-track LP for ¥2,800 unless Senkou Shoujo is like Pink Floyd's Echoes (the original 23-minute track that literally took up one whole side of an LP).
Old 2007.09.22, 06:10 PM   #25
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
That's a very interesting thing to note (the correlation between product numbers). If the vinyl is Variety, then somebody at the Marketing & Sales arm of EMI was asleep at the wheel, because ¥2,800 is cheaper than the CD (when new LPs are never so), and it would have to be more than one 'disc', because Variety is only 49:13 in length (if the announced track lengths are accurate - this also doesn't count Senkou Shoujo).
That has to be a mistake in price.

How much does HMV.co.jp charge for shipping, Glath? I want to order quite a few of these... XD
Old 2007.09.22, 06:45 PM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Judging by my experiences with the HF vinyl, if HMV Japan is undercharging (they were at least on the shipping for HF), they'll "find out" at the last minute, ask you for more money, and then they will hold your shipment hostage.

HMV Japan will package your underquoted shipment up before they even say anything to you (or by the time they talk to you they claim they've already packaged it), then they politely threaten you in the conditions of, you either pay for the whole shipment the way it is, or you get none of it, regardless of how many other things you ordered (I often try to take the sting off of properly quoted EMS by purchasing many things at once). The next time I have to get HMV Japan's clamped teeth out of my financial buttocks, I won't have anything left to sit down with.

HMV Japan allows only EMS for overseas shipping. If you don't have any experience with that, I'll tell you it's disproportionately priced unless you're ordering around ¥40,000+ worth of things (which I am). Then EMS pricing becomes reasonable, and that's true for any Japan-based vendor (including CDJapan - who offers other options and never misquotes you on prices).
Old 2007.09.26, 07:03 PM   #27
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Ahh, another confusing DVD. @_@

The PVs' direction didn't seem that special to me, but I still pre-ordered it. >_<
Old 2007.10.13, 05:42 AM   #28
Orenji

Orenji puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm shocked!! I didn't know anything about that DVD!!

As always, a confusing release. TJ strikes back xD...
Old 2007.10.18, 01:14 AM   #29
Op2
Banned

Op2 is headed in the right direction

DVD: "Senkou Shoujo" (2007.11.21)

01 - OSCA
02 - Killer Tune
03 - Senkou Shoujo
04 - Tokuten Eizou

In 94kHz/24bit sound, with "multiple angles" of OSCA featured. Gizagiza packaging included with first pressing.
---------------------------------------------------
Analog: "Variety" (2007.11.21)

Side A:
01 - Senkou Shoujo
02 - OSCA
03 - Pinocchio
04 - Kaban no Nakami
Side B:
01 - Killer Tune
02 - BB.QUEEN
03 - Karada
04 - put your camera down (Senkou Shoujo "end roll" compilation)

Expect a PV for "Senkou Shoujo" to air shortly.
Old 2007.10.18, 01:27 AM   #30
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Just like I suspected (because of the price).
The vinyl is basically a double single, and not the complete album. Arguably it's better this way because the Izawa compositions that ended up as B-Sides, were better than much of what was on the album. For once it's actually a good thing that they're releasing a vinyl with that kind of tracklist, because it was annoying not to get all of Kyoiku or all of Adult. I'm going to miss Sake to Geko though.

I wonder who composed "Tokuten Eizou",
and I also wonder whether or not we'll get crossfading again...
*keeps checking e-Onkyo for unadulterated audio-only downloads*