Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.09.12, 02:52 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Question So, what is SR/TJ up to now?

I'm not whining about a new album. But as I've never hung onto an artist's every release before SR (I'm still young, so I've only just recently started to really appreciate music), I'm curious as to what they're actually doing now. They obviously love music, so I'd think that they're working on stuff, or are they just living their lives till they jump up and say 'let's make a new album?' Or are the live performances, Watashi no Houden, etc. their 'product' for this year?

And since, I guess, I'm a newer Shiina Ringo fan than most people here, I've managed to experience all her brilliance at once, and I'd find it difficult to accept that just as I find an artist whose music clicks with me in every way, that there isn't going to be more (Plus there's the whole 'can't live up to KZK all that mess', but I'm a fan of all of SR/TJ's stuff -- just as long as Shiina is the one writing the music)

10th Anniversary is this year, so I'm guessing people are expecting something big to come out of the November show.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.12, 02:56 AM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

She's probaly touring the country to death!! sometimes when you think the artist has "gone quiet" they are actually out on the road, I guess she's writing as she tours and when the tour finally winds up she'll be back in the studio for the Variety box set recording sessions!
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.12, 04:32 AM   #3
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

She's not touring yet. Right now, Shiina is probably gearing up for rehearsals for her solo tour in November.

The rest of the band is probly playing with its other bands or writing no doubt hit after hit =(