Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.11.20, 02:45 PM   #71
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ I've never used YesAsia, but when I was doing comparisons, the main thing was that YesAsia was cheaper, but not by much, which is why I always use CDJapan, because their customer service is fast, and everything else is fast so if I pay a few extra dollars, it is worth it.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.20, 03:03 PM   #72
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

I've always ordered from YesAsia and I've never had any problems. I click pay, and it arrives promptly and in perfect condition. However, I did not choose YesAsia because of it's quality of service, it was simply because I had to. Neither accept my UK debit card so I was forced to use YesAsia's PayPal service as it was the only thing available to me. Now that CDJapan accepts PayPal, I'll definitely check both places out, but ultimately it was always come down to which is the cheapest for me.
Old 2007.11.20, 03:24 PM   #73
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Why is nobody mentioning Amazon Japan? The prices seem about the seem, they generally have a better selection that CDJapan, and it generally seems to ship more quickly. Am I missing something?
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.20, 03:40 PM   #74
HEDOfloe

Whoooa! I never checked that because it was in japanese, but I just searched amazon Japan and it brought it for me in english! "shop in english" it said. This is really cool since they have way more information than CDJapan does, and usually have album artworks fast (I know this because I usually check the japanese amazon site to try to find cover arts before CDjapan has them), so I might start shopping with this. It sucks that they do not give the price in Dollars.

Can you give more details Tsuchiya?
Old 2007.11.20, 10:05 PM   #75
Tsuchiya

Tsuchiya pleased at least somebody

Hm, I don't really have many details to give, but I used to use CDJapan a few years ago and then made the switch to Amazon when I realized that they have a more extensive catalog. But, yes, you can read the site in English, though you still have to search in Japanese, which is actually an advantage, I think, because lots of times CDJapan things aren't translated--or translated correctly. So what ends up happening is that CDJapan actually holds more stuff than we're able to access. Neowing (the Japanese version of CDJapan) always has more stuff. And they have all those song samples that CDJapan misses out on.

Anyway, I've always had good experiences with Amazon. I swear one time my stuff arrived the next day....
Tsuchiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.21, 02:51 PM   #76
HEDOfloe

^ Well, CDJapan did get Variety to me, one whole day before it was released, so they are pretty good with speed too.
Old 2007.11.21, 03:30 PM   #77
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

I've always used Yesasia cause the shipping is cheap, never used CDjapan cause the interface seems unwieldy. Yesasia also have more products to choose from, but the possibility of receiving a cd from cdjapan a day before its release date is enticing.

EDit- New sig, am I stealing someone's sig? probably, didn't have time to create something inventive.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.21, 03:53 PM   #78
HEDOfloe

^ Yeah, it is the first time that it happened, actually, and I think it happened to Glath too, but I do usually get them on the same DAY that it comes out which is also really awesome.
Old 2007.11.22, 05:39 PM   #79
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Why has no one commented on Glathannus's amazing Cdjapan customer service experience? That was CRAZY. The guy was personally concerned about what was happening. I'm pretty blown away. I had to do something like change an address with Cdjapan before, and they were also super nice there, but I didn't realize just how great they were. I'm so glad I patronize Cdjapan. <3
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.11.22, 06:09 PM   #80
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Ahhh, sorry Glath. I did actually read through the whole story when you posted it. I didn't comment about it, but I was impressed by their support.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote