Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.01.12, 08:36 PM   #11
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by cyruslo View Post
It was released in the revised version of Konfukuron: http://www.emimusic.jp/vmc/artist/do.../toct22011.php
(すべりだい = Suberidai)
And Suberidai was also released on the very first Koufukuron single o_O Its first appearance was not the re-release.

As for the Aiko song, it just makes me want to go listen to Suberidai. XD This also explains why my (Korean)native-Japanese-speaker friend was a fan of both Aiko and SR.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.12, 10:12 PM   #12
cyruslo

cyruslo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
And Suberidai was also released on the very first Koufukuron single o_O Its first appearance was not the re-release.
You are right! I missed it O_o

Originally Posted by Cambridge Dictionary - "plagiarize"
to use another person's idea or a part of their work and pretend that it is your own.
I think this "part of their work" can be as small as a few lines in the chorus. But whether you "pretend that is your own" work can be arguable.

Perhaps aiko heard Ringo's Suberidai, from which part of the melody turned into her memory. And when she wrote Shiawase, she mistakenly toke out some melody lines from her memory instead of the creativity center of her brain (and was amazed by herself that she wrote an excellent chorus)

No one ever heard a song similar to SR/TJ's? This thread is becoming an Aiko thread
cyruslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.13, 05:15 AM   #13
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
Nice feel-good pop song!
The first line of the chorus totally sounds like Suberidai, and the whole song has the feel of Marunouchi Sadistic. Sounds like something a younger Ringo would sing.
I wouldn't call it plagiarism though. The chord progression is kinda different. And many songs sound like this anyway.
When was Suberidai & Marusade like other pop songs? you can never judge SR songs' quality with progressions. She (well, the pre-HF she) always managed to give brilliant fresh melodies out of those old common chord progressions. I call this genius.

Hint: Aiko debuted along with Ringo in the same music contest (Yamaha Music Quest '96). But most of her famous work are released after year 2000. Now a teenpop idol, she's actually even 3 years older than Ringo.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.13, 07:46 AM   #14
Yahiko

Yahiko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post

As for the Aiko song, it just makes me want to go listen to Suberidai. XD This also explains why my (Korean)native-Japanese-speaker friend was a fan of both Aiko and SR.
yep, the song released only in the re-release was toki ga bousou suru =)

and.. whats chirinuruwowaka's drummer doing in this pv?! XDDDDD

Yoeko Kurahashi?
Yahiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.13, 10:59 AM   #15
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Canto View Post
When was Suberidai & Marusade like other pop songs? you can never judge SR songs' quality with progressions. She (well, the pre-HF she) always managed to give brilliant fresh melodies out of those old common chord progressions. I call this genius.
I was referring to the general "feel-good" quality of the of the songs. Many UA songs have that quality, as well as Yamashita Tatsuro's.
Old 2008.01.13, 11:54 AM   #16
Cosmo!

Cosmo! is an asset to this community

It sounds vaguely similar to Suberidai, but I doubt Ringo can rush out to a lawyer to collect.
Old 2008.01.13, 03:02 PM   #17
madpawn

madpawn pleased at least somebody

ah, this artist is just what I needed right now! every song I've listened to of hers has been really quite good. and it's all so happy.
madpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 02:48 AM   #18
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

aiko and SR are friends, I'm sure one day they were togheter and...

aiko: õ.õ suddenly I want to make a song very alike your suderidai and marusadi, any problem with this?
SR: not at all o.O
aiko: yey /o/

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 07:32 AM   #19
cyruslo

cyruslo pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Lena-chan View Post
aiko and SR are friends, I'm sure one day they were togheter and...

aiko: õ.õ suddenly I want to make a song very alike your suderidai and marusadi, any problem with this?
SR: not at all o.O
aiko: yey /o/
This is the best interpretation.

By the way...
The awardsssss-winning producer from Hong Kong, Mark Lui, who is infamous for plagiarism, has been accused of plagiarising the arrangement of Gibusu for this song:

>>Click if you don't mind listening to bad song<<

My opinion:
I can feel that he tried to imitate Gibusu, but he failed to do so, that's why I don't blame him for plagiarism
cyruslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.01.14, 07:52 AM   #20
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I liked it XD
don't know why

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote