Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2015.07.29, 07:57 AM   #901
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

The brass probably sounded *much* better in person. I wouldn't infer too much from amateur recordings.
Old 2015.07.29, 08:03 AM   #902
zeroryouko
Ringophile

Here's a longer clip of Tsumi to Batsu. Lousy recording though.

Tsumi to Batsu
Old 2015.07.29, 08:54 AM   #903
tsukigimehime

tsukigimehime has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Cool

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Where can I find the performance of NIPPON everyone is mentioning from Fuji Rock?

Also, could someone post a link to that interview about NIPPON? I want to send it to somebody and have them read it.
I also wish to know. Here's the article btw (linked very inconspicuously above ) If you alt+f nippon the part regarding it should come up!
Old 2015.07.29, 08:57 AM   #904
zeroryouko
Ringophile

So far the only thing available on the 07/26/15 NIPPON performance are brief, 15-second clips on Instagram. I haven't found a full version yet.
Old 2015.07.29, 10:14 AM   #905
tsukigimehime

Fwiw, I think fujirock is supposed to air (maybe only the main stage? Which ringo was included in...) in October or so, but getting that footage is a matter of someone having the right channel and some recording equipment...
Old 2015.07.29, 05:17 PM   #906
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

JPS is the only hope there
Old 2015.07.29, 05:54 PM   #907
tsukigimehime

I guess people have posted the fuji rock reports before

Also, note that she performed Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri with the vocoder on at Fuji, so it will liiiikely happen on MStation @ you folks who don't like it :p
Old 2015.07.29, 06:24 PM   #908
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I noticed that... I expected it for Music Station though, that's all about backing tracks anyway. Not just for Ringo though.

That's why Oomori went acapella that time. And her Kyuru Kyuru peformance... none of that syncs up whatsoever haha (pretty sure in the same one she kicks the guitar player IIRC). She's on there soon too actually, that'll be something for me to look forward to.

I remember that ridiculous performance of the Nakata song by Ringo, I assumed that was a stab at the ludicrous nature of it too. Hopefully she does something funny on this upcoming MS. It's my only hope for it.

Also, I remember a (Ringo???? correct me if I'm wrong) performance on there when none of the band's guitars actually had strings in them/the drummer was using chicken legs??? Maybe it was someone else (Mariko Goto perhaps? Inseu, any idea? Damn I wanna watch that again now!~). I love this mischeviousness people bring to the show.

Cause MS is the devil.

Now waiting for Bokutachi no iru Tokoro to go on there. I wanna see if she'd constantly nip slip there too. Imagine the outrage :-p

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.29 at 06:38 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.30, 06:41 AM   #909
deadgrandma

Kamisama, Hotokesama.

What can I say. I don't know where to start. It's as confused as I am listening to it I think. There are undeniably flourishes of that amazing, wonderful woman I fell in love with. But then, then, there's really parts that are almost unlistenable. It doesn't help that the production STINKS so much. It really holds it all back.

These are my early thoughts though. It's certainly head and shoulder above the Coke song which I truly hope will be eclipsed by this track. I'm feeling much more positive about this than any post Ringo track if that's anything to go on. If I can just manage to get my head and ears around that horrible, HORRIBLE mastering, we could maybe be friends again.

(Dat ending though... that's the GOOD stuff!)

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.07.30 at 06:52 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015.07.30, 07:22 AM   #910
harry4567

harry4567 raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
Kamisama, Hotokesama.

What can I say. I don't know where to start. It's as confused as I am listening to it I think. There are undeniably flourishes of that amazing, wonderful woman I fell in love with. But then, then, there's really parts that are almost unlistenable. It doesn't help that the production STINKS so much. It really holds it all back.

These are my early thoughts though. It's certainly head and shoulder above the Coke song which I truly hope will be eclipsed by this track. I'm feeling much more positive about this than any post Ringo track if that's anything to go on. If I can just manage to get my head and ears around that horrible, HORRIBLE mastering, we could maybe be friends again.

(Dat ending though... that's the GOOD stuff!)
*Desperately want the hi-res version*
harry4567 is offline   Reply With Quote