Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Polls
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polls This is where you find out how many people share your opinion - without prompting them to actually say something.
View Poll Results: Who wrote the worst TJ song?
Ringo 0 0%
HZM 4 16.00%
Hirama 1 4.00%
Izawa 4 16.00%
Kameda 4 16.00%
Ukigumo 11 44.00%
Hata 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012.04.04, 03:13 AM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Kingyohime View Post
Somehow I have a feeling that when the dust has settled here poll-wise, it'll be Kameda in a landslide.

Anyway, he's my choice, since he was responsible for Senkou Shoujo, which is one of the only Jihen songs I always skip no matter what, plus I've never liked any his compositions for Jihen (with Osorubeki Otonatachi being the sole exception, although that one was half Ringo). They're so vacantly poppy and stale.

Reading that "discovery albums" list of his in Switch - you only get six albums, and yet besides hilariously putting Sports on there, you also include both RHCP and the fucking Carpenters? - instantly made me go "wow, suddenly it makes so much more sense why he writes stuff like that."
While I don't hate senko, its definitely the weakest Kameda song. But then again, its still better than service and horror dust.

Kameda did Pinnochio right? That is his best if so.
Old 2012.04.04, 06:13 AM   #12
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
While I don't hate senko, its definitely the weakest Kameda song. But then again, its still better than service and horror dust.

Kameda did Pinnochio right? That is his best if so.
aww, poor Horror Dust gets so much hate. And, well, it's not like I don't understand why, but it's in a whole other class than Senkou Shoujo or Killer Tune (which has been growing on me just a little, I'll admit) for me. Obviously it's never going on any top-ten lists for me, other than maybe "most WTF Jihen experiments", but damned if I don't listen to it whenever shuffle comes it up, and usually with a smile on my face by the end.

In fact, like most of color bars is, it's most enjoyable as an experiment - or more accurately, as Izawa's love letter to '80s visual-kei. My problem with it if anything is that it feels too 'safe' to me; I'd have enjoyed it a lot more if it was taken even further (over the top, even) than it was. Seeing the glammed-out version of it from the tour did a lot to make me appreciate it, which is a big reason I hope the Bon Voyage DVD/BD release happens soonish - even if it doesn't make you like the song any more than you do, it will at least put it in context after you've seen Izawa rock to it in full Buck-Tick drag.

And yeah, Pinnochio is Izawa's. They played it at the Appa live I went to last week, as a matter of fact, and it was unsurprisingly great. I should get around to posting about that once I find the appropriate thread.
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.04, 08:46 AM   #13
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

I would have liked Horror Dust more if Izawa didn't slur the vocals so badly. Sounds like he's eating a chocolate bar while trying to sing.

It's a tossup between Toumei Ningen and BB Queen for me.
Old 2012.04.04, 09:28 AM   #14
matan-san

matan-san has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Uki for BB.Queen, I can't understand why the band even agreed to waste their time and record it, I guess they were bored and had nothing better to do.

and am I the only one who really like senkou? I think the song itself is great but I wish the arrangement was less hyperactive

Last edited by matan-san : 2012.04.04 at 09:32 AM.
matan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.04, 02:10 PM   #15
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by matan-san View Post
and am I the only one who really like senkou? I think the song itself is great but I wish the arrangement was less hyperactive
Well that's what Put Your Camera Down is for.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.04, 06:38 PM   #16
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I'm surprised about some of these. Well, I don't like Senkou Shoujo. I prefer Put Your Camera Down.
And I don't like the recorded version of BB Queen. But the live version from SOTC2 is amazing! (Ringo is all like "BITCH I CAN STILL ROLL MY Rs AND I WILL BEAT YOU UP WITH MY SINGING")
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.05, 01:02 AM   #17
jsmoove5

jsmoove5 pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Kingyohime View Post
Seeing the glammed-out version of it from the tour did a lot to make me appreciate it, which is a big reason I hope the Bon Voyage DVD/BD release happens soonish - even if it doesn't make you like the song any more than you do, it will at least put it in context after you've seen Izawa rock to it in full Buck-Tick drag.

And yeah, Pinnochio is Izawa's. They played it at the Appa live I went to last week, as a matter of fact, and it was unsurprisingly great. I should get around to posting about that once I find the appropriate thread.
Now that you mention it, I think somebody had said something about how Bon Voyage horror dust was lots more enjoyable than the recorded version?? Well, I'm looking forward to the DVD release then.

Btw, we do have an APPA thread somewhere, yes? I'm kinda curious about them, since google search always leads back to EMF..
jsmoove5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.06, 07:37 AM   #18
BanFan

BanFan is an asset to this community

Kameda for "Senkou Shoujo", Hirama for "Kao", Izawa for "Kai Horrordust",

I'll give it to Hirama, he needs some votes.

Noooo, wait. I want to change it to Shiina for "Kachi Ikusa" . . . Whatever. They're both terrible.
BanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.09, 08:06 AM   #19
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Ukigumo for many... Fukushuu, BB.Queen...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.04.09, 01:41 PM   #20
Ringo Ate My Hamster

Ringo Ate My Hamster pleased at least somebody

Well, it doesn't feel right, as I know Saabisu is supposed to be fun and lighthearted, and I don't want to be an old stick-in-the-mud. But it IS the only TJ track I skip over pretty much every time.
Ringo Ate My Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote