Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2008.09.16, 03:29 PM   #1
merman

merman is an asset to this community
Default Help - redundant Shouso Strip slipcase for sale?

Well, the story is, my friend comes back from Japan with the CDs I gave her the money for... shopping at Book-off - which is great on one hand because they were mostly dirt cheap, but bad on the other because Utaite is without that sticky "obi" thing (which I could live with)... I got Watashi to houden first-press without the slipcase which also doesn't bug me that much because it's a digipak anyway... BUT.
The bad thing is she picked SS randomly and it's the first press - which is awesome because it cost 300 yen and I have the beautiful (I presume larger) booklet, but it's without the slipcase as well.
So much for the story, here's my plea which I think is unlikely to be helped, but it's still better than nothing. If anyone here has the first press as well and they've managed to get it again because the CD is in bad shape or whatever... and they're willing to sell the slipcase somehow, please let me know.
I realize asking such thing is probably no good and I'll try and look around elsewhere as well, but...
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 03:41 PM   #2
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

If you have Paypal get this! it's dirt cheap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ringo-Shiina-CD-Shoso-Strip-Japan-version-Jpop-J-pop_W0QQitemZ110284109695QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110284109695&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

even though it's not lit up like a link it really is! just copy/paste into your browser

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2008.09.24 at 12:22 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.16, 03:47 PM   #3
merman

I've been looking at that Bingo, and thanks! But I don't have Paypal myself... guess I'd pay it with my friend's one but it ends too soon for that
Old 2008.09.16, 05:25 PM   #4
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by merman View Post
Well, the story is, my friend comes back from Japan with the CDs I gave her the money for... shopping at Book-off - which is great on one hand because they were mostly dirt cheap, but bad on the other because Utaite is without that sticky "obi" thing (which I could live with)... I got Watashi to houden first-press without the slipcase which also doesn't bug me that much because it's a digipak anyway... BUT.
The bad thing is she picked SS randomly and it's the first press - which is awesome because it cost 300 yen and I have the beautiful (I presume larger) booklet, but it's without the slipcase as well.
So much for the story, here's my plea which I think is unlikely to be helped, but it's still better than nothing. If anyone here has the first press as well and they've managed to get it again because the CD is in bad shape or whatever... and they're willing to sell the slipcase somehow, please let me know.
I realize asking such thing is probably no good and I'll try and look around elsewhere as well, but...
I don't think you can buy slipcase alone anywhere. I think you have to buy it again.
Old 2008.09.24, 12:22 AM   #5
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

You might be turning into a "completionist" fan. I guarantee once you complete SS with the slipcase, the lack of packaging for WtH will slowly eat at your soul until you get a hold of that too. Then all will feel right in the world.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.09.24, 12:57 AM   #6
merman

ohhh no It's really because it's very impractical to store now, actually the pink case sits in my shelf beside other Ringo CDs, while the booklet is on the HFD box, I couldn't think of any other arrangement. The slipcase would at least hold them together. When I see WtH I don't even think about the fact that something's missing...
but yeah, when I have some more money than the nothing now, I'll look around for some cheap ass eBay auction and hopefully be lucky, anyway thanks guys