Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.08.04, 07:07 PM   #21
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

about 80 percent of the Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer's catalogue. I like the music but every time she opens her mouth I just gotta run into the other room to avoid the shit that comes flying out. I know in real life she is quite interesting, her ex-boyfriend/Dresden Dolls bandmate/best friend Brian Vigalone has a lot of things to say....but still, her music is catchy and fun to listen to, thought provoking. I just can't stand anything outside of the music.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.04, 07:07 PM   #22
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post

Mercy - Duffy. oh, and while I *am* a fan of hers, I haven't managed to really discover her music or get a hold of it yet. As of right now, I just casually love the song.
Ugh, she has a horrible advert here -- I think it's for coke -- in which she 'sexily' rides a bicycle through a supermarket while singing like a mourning sheep.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 10:36 AM   #23
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Ugh, she has a horrible advert here -- I think it's for coke -- in which she 'sexily' rides a bicycle through a supermarket while singing like a mourning sheep.
LOL AMAZIIINNNNGGG I wanna see!
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 10:41 AM   #24
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Ugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fHCIw4qJlw

Last edited by Scribble R : 2009.08.14 at 10:44 AM.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 11:47 AM   #25
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Pseudo-progressive 70's American crap bands Styx and Kansas must have done something I could listen to now without cringing, but I don't know if I would ever admit it.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 03:06 PM   #26
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
Pseudo-progressive 70's American crap bands Styx and Kansas must have done something I could listen to now without cringing, but I don't know if I would ever admit it.
I used to say that about them, but I do love Renegade and Mr. Roboto. And through different musical games I've grown to really like Dust in the Wind and Carry On Wayward Son.

And America! I thought I wouldn't ever love any songs by a band called America, But Horse With No Name is gorgeous. And I looove Ventura Highway and Sister Golden Hair far too much. :X

They're all basically the songs that those bands are known for, and I've never actually gone to the trouble of looking into any more of their discography, but I do really like those songs. It's the slightly boring/mellow 70s sound that doesn't quite measure up to the catchiness that Fleetwood Mac had, but still stick in your head all the same.

last.fm
mizer_unmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.08.14, 08:23 PM   #27
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Ventura Highway's a great song.