Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2016.03.14, 05:05 PM   #1051
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by FadedSun View Post
Sounds good to me!

Also, does anyone know where I'll be able to purchase the Sennou vinyl on record store day?
On the actual day, you can buy it in stores in Japan if you're there.

For any chances online, the rules state that they can't sell it till a few days later (the 23rd April) in online stores *if it's not sold out already*.

So... MAYBE then. Otherwise it's fight with everyone else to get it on online auction sites.

It's Sennou. Willing to go up to 20,000 yen personally. Of course, I've bookmarked every potential place I'll get it (I'll have like 15 tabs open on the 23rd haha) but you're gonna have to do your own research there. Each to their own haha!

I'd beg a Japanese friend to try and get one on the day but I know how horrible RSD actually is from experience- it's the Black Friday of LP collecting and I don't wanna push that on anyone... Nope it's PINK and Mahou Ga all over again!

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.03.14 at 05:15 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.16, 03:29 PM   #1052
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Oomori- Kill the time for you

Now on YouTube with subs and in full
Old 2016.03.17, 05:04 PM   #1053
Hideki

Hideki has had more than 15 seconds of fame

If I can't get Sennou online (and I doubt I will), at least I can be on the lookout for it in May when I head to Japan...but even then it'll be a stretch. I wonder what the inserts will be...

It took months after the hype died down to finally get PINK and Mahou in my hands for a reasonable sum of money and I'm just hoping that getting Sennou will be the same: a test of patience and not of my wallet. I was really surprised I got her latest 7" though, I thought that one would be a fight for sure.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.17, 05:10 PM   #1054
deadgrandma

Well... the latest 7" had a lot more pressings this time. I think they only did 300 of Kimi to Eiga and 1500 of this one. Pretty sure the info is all on Rhion's website.

You never know, they might also be more accommodating with the amount of pressings of Sennou (being AVEX)... but then again... RSD.

It must also be noted that Mahou Ga and PINK vinyls were manufactured by JETSET. Sennou is HMV Music Club. And they usually are a bit easier to obtain from experience with other LPs I've bought.

As for the inserts... don't expect anything crazy or new... Kinda thought Sennou might have been a 2 LP set but oh well.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2016.03.17 at 05:20 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.18, 05:37 PM   #1055
deadgrandma

4 days till I attempt to get a photo/signature at the Tower Records Shinjuku instoor event...

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do haha.
Old 2016.03.19, 01:02 AM   #1056
deadgrandma

Love it
Old 2016.03.21, 06:24 PM   #1057
mrnarse

mrnarse puts considerable thought into their posts

Fan club just opened for registration.

http://seiko-gkn.com/
mrnarse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.22, 11:17 AM   #1058
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

ahhhh

Fuck me if TBH isn't the best new release since...2014?

The strength of Sennou is without a doubt its unrelenting first 15 minutes, but in the 30 minutes following Nostalgic J-pop the album eases up and putters along without the same drive. I don't think TOKYO BLACK HOLE has any stretch of pure octane like Sennou's opening, but it has the legs to carry you 57 minutes. It never stops—even when Seiko lets you catch a breath, the production keeps you on your toes. Everything is so densely packed.

Just...
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.03.22, 02:16 PM   #1059
deadgrandma

Probably on par with Mahou Ga for me.

Maybe even better in time.

A monster
Old 2016.03.22, 03:44 PM   #1060
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Do you think the limited book is worth the extra 1000/2000 yen? I realized I forgot to actually place my order for the regular edition and now I'm considering bumping up to the limited edition w/ book.
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote