Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2007.05.02, 06:11 AM   #11
Nimh
Administrator

Nimh deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post

2) I used to love blasting Crawl while driving, but the other day while I was screaming along with it (using random nonsensical words as I do not understand Japanese), I hit a bunny. Immediately afterwards, I turned Kyouiku off, rolled up the windows, and drove in silence for about 15 minutes. I haven't been able to listen to it since. That's probably not a good example, but I don't like the song as much anymore.
.....and you didn't even stop the car? that's some cold shit.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 08:01 AM   #12
natsume

natsume is an asset to this community

The one I'll never like is "Get It Up For Love", or whatever it is called. It is like she was trying to relive the glory days of being 11 years old, or something, dancing to horrendous disco.

Changed my mind about both Honou and Sharuba after hearing the lives from JCHI. Both amazingly performed on that, highlights from a very flawed DVD.
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 08:23 AM   #13
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by NIMH Rat View Post
.....and you didn't even stop the car? that's some cold shit.
Hahaha, after feeling that thud resonate through my car, I was pretty convinced that the rabbit was dead. I then closed my windows to cut myself off from the rest of the world so I could be alone in my time of mourning.

Actually, I think something funny was going on, because when I drove back down that road in the light, the bunny was missing! Anyone remember that episode of Lost from season 1 with Jack's dad in the jungle? Yeeeah, I'm a bit creeped out. I hope the bunny doesn't haunt me.

Anyway, I was kind of joking about hating Crawl now. But it is true that I haven't listened to it since.

And about the Toumei Ningen adult version ordeal, I've tried to get myself to dislike it so that I can understand people's feelings for it, but I really can't get myself to do it. After listening to the Dynamite Out version some more, I agree that the use of guitar sounds pretty neat, but this one is still spiffy. So, I dunno. Sonderbar!
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 08:46 AM   #14
CatchFiveBats

CatchFiveBats has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Jer View Post
How could you hate Gunjyou Biyori ;~;
Agreed completely.
Old 2007.05.02, 09:00 AM   #15
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
Agreed completely.
Because it doesn't sound like Ringo? Sounan is pure Ringo, while Gunjo Biyori isn't. (Because it's written by HZM anyway.) And that intro reminds me of that very annoying Tsuki ni Makeinu intro which gets on my nerves all the time. But the song actually gets better towards the end, and now that Phase 2 fucked it up real bad, the Phase 1 version is even more energetic and enjoyable in comparison.

(sorry Phase 2 fans!)
Old 2007.05.02, 09:31 AM   #16
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I can understand Gunjo. It's the most poppy sounding thing shes done. (Course, I liked it.)

What I don't understand is
Originally Posted by Natsume
Changed my mind about both Honnou...
Old 2007.05.02, 10:01 AM   #17
JimmyKoria

JimmyKoria is an asset to this community

I couldn't stand Akane Sasu Kiro Terasaredo for the longest time, but when it did happen to play for some reason I was drawn to the English part of the song.
At the moment I can't go back and listen to Kyouiku. Ringo's voice comes off too whiney and I'm like "uhhh my ears....must listen to adult..."
JimmyKoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 10:04 AM   #18
Canto

Canto has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm actually waiting for the day I finally come to like it
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 10:21 AM   #19
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Jihad, I love this:
XD

well, when I started to like SR, a friend record a "best SR selection on his opinion", and memai was in it...
and I was like "why this song is here?!"
when I heard it on a melancholic mode I liked sooooooooo much >_< now is one of my favorites

and in the begin I didn't pay attention to kyogenshou, izonshou, shuukyou and souretsu
...no need to say that now I just love these songs o.o

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.05.02, 12:20 PM   #20
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by natsume View Post
The one I'll never like is "Get It Up For Love", or whatever it is called. It is like she was trying to relive the glory days of being 11 years old, or something, dancing to horrendous disco.

Changed my mind about both Honou and Sharuba after hearing the lives from JCHI. Both amazingly performed on that, highlights from a very flawed DVD.
What is everyone's problem with this song? I think it's one of her best english songs
cjhobbies00 is offline   Reply With Quote