Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.06.18, 05:22 AM   #121
Feel_My_Mind

Feel_My_Mind pleased at least somebody
Default moved from "Tokyo Jihen New Single & Fall Tour"

Well it's nice, the full version is so much better as the preview, i was a little bit disappointed of the preview, the the whole thing seems nice
There's one part of the song that i rellay like, it's the last one, the fast one it's soooo cooool

There's something funny about the video, the girls in red dress, it reminds me bjork - It's oh so quiet video clip

and the fact that they do have black hair maybe and because they dance like crazy chiks, like she did in "It's oh so quiet" lol

Feel_My_Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 06:16 AM   #122
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Really like the song. lol @ the video.
Old 2007.06.18, 06:21 AM   #123
Ananda

Ananda pleased at least somebody

It somehow made me think of a crossover between Kabuki for the instrumental parts and Service for the fun. Not their best song, but way better full than only the preview.
Old 2007.06.18, 07:02 AM   #124
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

I've made up my mind on the video, and I don't like the video portion of this package.

I get what they tried to do, and I like that. They tried to do a Spike Jonze/Michel Gondry kinda thing. However, all I got out of the video was just that, "oh, they're trying to do a Spike/Gondry thing" and I don't think it warrants its own identity.

Plus i dont even think the old fanboy standby of "Well Shiina looks good" even applies here.

(I won't comment on the song)
Old 2007.06.18, 07:18 AM   #125
fluffiethesock

fluffiethesock puts considerable thought into their posts

Noooo, comment on the song!

I loved the song itself, and the video is definitely one of TJ's more interesting ones.
fluffiethesock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 07:29 AM   #126
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I loved this song and the video was weird but I think it went well with the song. I just hope that the part at the end where the music stops and the light turns red is on the actual song and not just something that they change just for the video like some artists do. I like this new direction it's exactly what I hoped it would be like.

I can't believe they released the video so early though @_@. But I guess thats a good way to make people want the rest of the single even more . I want to hear the rest of the single though and even killer tune because it might still be different since this sounds like a "summer song." I'm sure they have more surprises up their sleeves.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 07:37 AM   #127
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I like the video, I mean, look at TJ past videos....not super impressive, at least this video takes them in the right direction.

I don't get the Gondry reference at all, this video to me is a pretty good representation of the song, I mean, the reflection of the music in the dancers, rather than see Ringo and band try to capture it all on their own they got some freakout dancers to really put a visual aspect on the music

as for the song, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want to say I like it but I have only heard it once and generally stuff has to really sink in. I know this is all Uki, but I can't help and feel that the TJ version of it sounds like something that could be earlier era Ringo. It is good to see her really screaming out those croaky bitchy lyrics again. I didn't hear any rap....just Ringo kind of owning those lyrics

I hope the lyrics are as bitchy as they seem, I could pick out parts and pieces but nothing that makes much sense, heres to hoping someone finds the lyrics soon.

edit: I watched it for a second time and I have to say Uki screaming like that is pretty hilarious. Same with Izawa's little flip out.

I don't think its too early for the PV, single drops in 3 weeks so they are trying to raise some buzz.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2007.06.18 at 07:46 AM.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 07:39 AM   #128
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by justriiingo View Post
The song is a mixed bag
I agree with this statement. At times, I liked what I head, but the song never really goes anywhere. It clearly failed to live up to CD Japans description since it wasn't guitar driven at all, but none of us really thought that would be accurate, right? This is yet another song where Ukigumo simply isn't needed in the mix. If you took him out and added more Izawa, you wouldn't even notice Uki was gone. That's also partially because of Kameda. The dude is a super hero. He's the driving force of the song. His work in Phase 2 has been superior to the rest of the band (most of the time).

Overall, it's an average song by an average band.
Old 2007.06.18, 07:47 AM   #129
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I like uki screaming at the end of the vid He's never showed any emotion in his life so its so unexpected, nice touch :p
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.06.18, 07:52 AM   #130
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by fluffiethesock View Post
Noooo, comment on the song!
See, i said I wouldn't cuz I've noticed a trend. If I have something to say, but for varying reasons don't feel like saying it, SOMEONE will say exactly what I wanted.

Originally Posted by Maou
it's an average song by an average band.
(ok, not "exactly" what I was gonna say, but it encompasses the same feeling.)

Its not shit. But if I was not a fan previously, I would not care about the the song one iota; maybe only recognizing it as "oh yeah the song with that video." (so maybe the vid was successful anyway in spite of its "trying" ness.)

It starts ok enough, then once the "solos" and the chorus starts happening, I lose interest. Kameda IS the driving force (and he usually is for better or worse) of the song, but I wouldn't call him a "super hero." And then I think it falls apart at the end.

Its not terrible. I'm not running to its house to burn it down. But the song does not "strike me"at all.