Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.03.04, 05:18 AM   #11
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

From the tone of the earlier posts I was left with the impression that these were only gonna be for the fanclub and then maybe via Kronekodow (or something) in which case they may not ship overseas? other than that they will no doubt be available via auction sites regardless.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.04, 08:46 AM   #12
miffunevii

miffunevii has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I love the first image,the shadow of Ringo San ^^
miffunevii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.04, 08:42 PM   #13
Nathan0301

Nathan0301 is headed in the right direction

There is also RINGO FILE 1998-2008
detail as below
撮りおろし写真、表現者として激動の瞬間を綴ったインタヴュー、ライヴレポート、DISC&DVD REVIEWまで、雑誌「ROCKIN’ON JAPAN」、「BUZZ」等に掲載された写真、テキストを中心に全350ページ余にわたって綴られた永久保存的クロニクル。椎名林檎のもうひとつの活動記録。

「RINGO FILE 1998-2008」3月末発売予定/定価:2500円+税/ISBN978-4-86052-079-3

Oh my God...How many stuff left they plan to sell?
Old 2009.03.04, 09:27 PM   #14
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Nathan0301 View Post
There is also RINGO FILE 1998-2008
detail as below
撮りおろし写真、表現者として激動の瞬間を綴ったインタヴュー、ライヴレポート、DISC&DVD REVIEWまで、雑誌「ROCKIN’ON JAPAN」、「BUZZ」等に掲載された写真、テキストを中心に全350ページ余にわたって綴られた永久保存的クロニクル。椎名林檎のもうひとつの活動記録。

「RINGO FILE 1998-2008」3月末発売予定/定価:2500円+税/ISBN978-4-86052-079-3

Oh my God...How many stuff left they plan to sell?
that is actually something Rocking On Japan is doing, not Ringo's people. It is pretty much everything they have ever published on her, all her interviews, photography, live reports, cd and dvd release reports, etc etc, all compiled together into one huge special edition copy.

I know it is overkill but is kind of satisfying in a way. Only few artists, if even, get this treatment on their anniversaries. This just goes to show how much of an impact Ringo left on the music industry.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.04, 09:28 PM   #15
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I remember there being some kind of a file for HF, and it appeared on Yahoo! Japan Auctions 2-3 times, but I haven't seen it since (like maybe a year ago).

*edit*

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
that is actually something Rocking On Japan is doing, not Ringo's people. It is pretty much everything they have ever published on her, all her interviews, photography, live reports, cd and dvd release reports, etc etc, all compiled together into one huge special edition copy.

I know it is overkill but is kind of satisfying in a way. Only few artists, if even, get this treatment on their anniversaries. This just goes to show how much of an impact Ringo left on the music industry.
I sure do hope Amazon.co.jp will offer that one internationally like they did with the other recent anniversary special.
Old 2009.03.05, 01:15 AM   #16
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

Only few artists, if even, get this treatment on their anniversaries.
Yeah, it must be wonderful. Only problem is that they, huh, missed the year =P
I wonder why they're releasing all this stuff after the "10th Anniversary" already passed. Really, the WtH+WnH stuff was released in February or March 2008.

But that aside, this RINGO FILE looks almost as cool as the Ringo BoOK. And it's much cheaper (only 20€). Would be nice if it became available at normal resellers (YesAsia, CDJapan, etc)...
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 02:11 AM   #17
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

because they want to push the last release (the DVD) and it would not make sense to release a full solo career file DURING the press feeding frenzy that occurred last year. Imagine all the the stuff they probably will have in it from last year alone.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 02:20 AM   #18
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

because they want to push the last release (the DVD) and it would not make sense to release a full solo career file DURING the press feeding frenzy that occurred last year. Imagine all the the stuff they probably will have in it from last year alone.
I agree with you, 100%.
Only part that I don't agree isn't in this quote, but in this one:

Only few artists, if even, get this treatment on their anniversaries.
You mean Ringo's 11th anniversary, right?
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.03.05, 10:09 AM   #19
Nathan0301

Nathan0301 is headed in the right direction

totally agree with you,we just buy but have choices...coz of fear missing anything related to Ringo
Old 2009.03.05, 10:10 AM   #20
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Is there any indication that Ringo File is actually a limited item, or are we just assuming that because everything else lately will punish you for hesitating to buy?