Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.02.19, 10:52 PM   #441
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Don't forget truefish that the downloads you are enjoying are only at 192/320 KB/s mp3 quality (in most cases) if you truly enjoy the music then surely it's worth buying at least one single (as a token gesture) such as Mayonaka or something? not to mention the original CD bitrate is at least triple the best MP3's floating around! as good as a downloaded MP3 collection is (I also used to have that) there is a sense of immense satisfaction in having the real collection of legitimate stuff in your hands with the knowing that nobody has been shabbily encoding the files or giving them crappy mis-translated tags before you ever saw them.

I understand that not everybody can afford to own it all which is fair enough. But if you enjoy her music to the extent that it enriches your life (even in a small way) then you really should buy a single or at the very least a copy of KZK, that's an investment that will give more back than the $20/30 or so it costs.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.02.26 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spelling correction :/
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.20, 03:45 PM   #442
truefish

truefish pleased at least somebody

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
Don't forget truefish that the downloads you are enjoying are only at 192/320 KB/s mp3 quality (in most cases) if you truly enjoy the music then surely it's worth buying at least one single (as a token gesture) such as Mayonaka or something? not to mention the original CD bitrate is at least triple the best MP3's floating around! as good as a downloaded MP3 colelction is (I also used to have that) there is a sense of immense satisfaction in having the real collection of legitimate stuff in your hands with the knowing that nobody has been shabbily encoding the files or giving them crappy mis-translated tags before you ever saw them.

I understand that not everybody can afford to own it all which is fair enough. But if you enjoy her music to the extent that it enriches your life (even in a small way) then you really should buy a single or at the very least a copy of KZK, that's an investment that will give more back than the $20/30 or so it costs.
I'll at least buy a couple of albums. If the record stores still exist.
truefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.20, 11:42 PM   #443
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by truefish
I'll at least buy a couple of albums. If the record stores still exist.
You can get Shiina stuff easily from CDJapan, HMV Japan & YesAsia.

Though be careful that if you buy from YesAsia as you will see that some versions are Hong Kong/Korean version & so on! nothing wrong with the actual content as it's all sonically the same, it's just that from a collectors standpoint the non-Japanese versions are not considered valuable in any way.

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.02.20 at 11:51 PM.
Old 2009.02.21, 03:24 AM   #444
merman

merman is an asset to this community

I guess that somebody who never buys CDs would not at all be worried about collector's value XD
I only shopped at CDJapan but can't recommend them enough, GREAT service. They also accept PayPal payments which is the easiest way to shop even without a credit card
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.21, 07:48 AM   #445
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Ringo~Bingo View Post
You can get Shiina stuff easily from CDJapan, HMV Japan & YesAsia.

Though be careful that if you buy from YesAsia as you will see that some versions are Hong Kong/Korean version & so on! nothing wrong with the actual content as it's all sonically the same, it's just that from a collectors standpoint the non-Japanese versions are not considered valuable in any way.
Yes. If you are not korean or chinese it will not be much valuable even if it's far cheaper than Japanese version,(usually 1/2 or 1/3 of Japanese version price). But I've usually, if possible, purchased korea version, if not the pakcage of limited edition is totally different than normal edition( so I have two adult album and heisei fuzoku, limited edition and korea edition. of course I had to buy japanese version if korea version not available.), because it contains translation of lyrics and brief comment on album or singer.
Old 2009.02.27, 01:36 PM   #446
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

I just bought the Baishou Ecstasy DVD, and I´m really curious... What´s the content of the bonus CD?

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.27, 01:46 PM   #447
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

It's just the 'Ichijiku no Hana' song.
Old 2009.02.27, 01:54 PM   #448
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

With unannounced copy-protection too.
Old 2009.02.27, 02:16 PM   #449
MortAd

MortAd pleased at least somebody

Thanks for the answers! Well, I was expecting something more interesting, like some live-tracks or something... Don´t get me wrong, I love Ichijiku no Hana, but I guess that was a great bonus when the song didn´t have another phisical form...

Now I just have another question... Is there any other store where I can by the MM and SS LPs? HMV doesn´t work with my credit card at all...

MyLastFM
MortAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.02.27, 02:19 PM   #450
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

You can try amazon.co.jp, or tower.jp. They too want credit cards, so hopefully they won't reject yours the same way HMV did.