Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2009.01.03, 09:07 AM   #561
pocket

pocket pleased at least somebody

I'm not sure exactly everything about what he said, I should imagine it's individual to each drummer how much and for what purpose they use monitors/headphones.

But when I was backstage myself at a concert, I sat behind the drummer and I couldn't hear the rest of the band playing clearly even though they were on the same stage. I could understand why a click track or a direct feed into headphones from the desk would be helpful for a drummer, especially at an outdoor event.
pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.03, 11:12 AM   #562
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Yea, it's just odd that it's only for that song. I don't see how it's much more difficult than another song; I don't think there was much improvisation by the guitarists in that song either. Oh well, I like that he uses big headphones though instead of those earplugs. Looks cool =).
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.01.03, 11:29 AM   #563
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

I mentioned a click being used in a specific application, to synchronize with pre-recorded computer audio. Click tracks are very rarely used for any other reason in live applications. Drummers many times do need some sort of monitors in live performance, because they are "behind the line", situated behind the speakers, and only a small fraction of the sound of other instruments will travel in their direction. Vocals can get lost entirely. The type of monitors they use is a matter of personal preference. Some use wedge-shaped monitor speakers that direct sound to them from the floor of the stage, but others may opt for in-ear monitors or headphones.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 07:36 AM   #564
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
supposedly ringo lives in aoyama. I've never tried to find her house though....
Super, super old thread, but it's the only one where I could find the topic I want to bring up, specifically, where Ringo lives. In the Kronekodow Dai-hakken interview (this part hasn't been posted yet, but will be next month hopefully) she mentions that around the time of the earthquake, she was able to watch the power go out all over... Saitama. What was she doing in Saitama?! She was born there, and I guess that means her parents have moved back there now, but does that mean she has a home there too? Is that where Sonata (still don't know if that's his real name) lives and goes to school? I'm sure she has a place in Tokyo too (likely in Aoyama as mentioned above) but maybe Saitama is her primary residence?! If so that's a little surprising.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 08:30 AM   #565
The Most Curious Thing

The Most Curious Thing raises the standards of what a community can offer

Saitama is close to Tokyo though, right?
The Most Curious Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 09:14 AM   #566
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

This should be in the stalker thread. Official stalking business of EMF.
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 12:52 PM   #567
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Yes, Saitama is a Tokyo suburb. But it's sort of like... why live there full-time, if you COULD live in Tokyo full-time? It's a surprising choice for Ringo Shiina. That's what makes me think her family lives there now and that's why she chose to raise the kid there and have him go to school there.
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.15, 04:36 PM   #568
EmilScherbe
nameless monster

EmilScherbe knows what you did last summerEmilScherbe knows what you did last summer

Southeastern Saitama, western Chiba, northeastern Kanagawa and
western Tokyo are located almost same distance from central Tokyo.
It's just an administrative difference.
Saitama (city) is just like Makuhari.
Attached Images
File Type: gif area_kanto.gif (38.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by EmilScherbe : 2012.03.16 at 04:53 AM.
EmilScherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.16, 06:53 AM   #569
Kingyohime

Kingyohime has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Well, as long as we're getting our stalker on, I may as well mention
this post on Tokyohive about Ringo's interview in that LIPS magazine which includes this line:

The star says she refused to wear skirts when she first made her debut and started enjoying her womanly self after turning 30, especially after the birth of her child Junji in 2001.

To be taken with a grain of salt, as this seems like it could easily be a mistranslation of "her child with Junji" or something along those lines (especially since I'd find it sort of surprising for her to have named her son after her husband that way). Still, it might be worth trying to find a copy of the magazine to find out for sure.
Kingyohime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012.03.16, 07:12 AM   #570
W3iHong

W3iHong is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Kingyohime View Post
Well, as long as we're getting our stalker on, I may as well mention
this post on Tokyohive about Ringo's interview in that LIPS magazine which includes this line:

To be taken with a grain of salt, as this seems like it could easily be a mistranslation of "her child with Junji" or something along those lines (especially since I'd find it sort of surprising for her to have named her son after her husband that way). Still, it might be worth trying to find a copy of the magazine to find out for sure.

During the yattsuke shigoto intermediate in RINGO EXPO 08, did it mention the her child's name is Sonata?

Or is Junji the child's surname?

I cannot into japanese name to figure out which is his surname. Junji or Yayoshi?
W3iHong is offline   Reply With Quote