Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Music)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Music) Similar/Non-Related Artists

Old 2009.04.18, 01:27 AM   #51
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

^ Oh, but I remember now! I love "Fat Slut". .... and I've now converted and is her biggest fan evah!
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 02:25 AM   #52
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Simon View Post
^ Oh, but I remember now! I love "Fat Slut". .... and I've now converted and is her biggest fan evah!
ROFL, how about the "foodgasm" or "pain in my hole" improvs. you can stream both of those, plus many more, from www.hereinmyhead.com

tori is INSANE live. I love the "spank your ass" improv from her last tour. At the show I was at, she sang an improv about how she hates going through border control going into Canada because they always search her full body since she is known to like the illegal substances just a bit.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 04:17 AM   #53
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
edit: the more and more I stream the clips, the less and less interested I am getting in the album. I think I'm desensitizing myself. No more until the release!!!
That's why I haven't looked them up!
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 04:17 AM   #54
Simon

Simon has had more than 15 seconds of fame

ROFL, how about the "foodgasm" or "pain in my hole" improvs. you can stream both of those, plus many more, from www.hereinmyhead.com

tori is INSANE live. I love the "spank your ass" improv from her last tour. At the show I was at, she sang an improv about how she hates going through border control going into Canada because they always search her full body since she is known to like the illegal substances just a bit.
But they are hidden
Inside my mm-mm
Inside my mm-mm
So there's no record or no fingerprints on it
'CAUSE I'M NOT STUPID
'CAUSE I'M NOT STUPID
NO NOT STUPIII-EEEEEEEEEEEED!

Lol okay, like her a bit more now.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 04:52 AM   #55
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

you can download mp3 of the samples on toriphorums from yo vicci, she has it posted in the 30 clip section thread.
thanks! I got the previews. Not bad- about half of the songs sound promising, the other half is just eh. I can tell from the previews that this album is, once again, way too long.
a_grumble_cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009.04.18, 12:07 PM   #56
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by a_grumble_cake View Post
thanks! I got the previews. Not bad- about half of the songs sound promising, the other half is just eh. I can tell from the previews that this album is, once again, way too long.
hey, its actually shorter for Boys For Pele, XD.

which did you like and which did you dislike? Apparently this album is really good but the clips were cut kind of bad and each song takes some warmer up to.
Old 2009.04.19, 02:40 AM   #57
a_grumble_cake

some of the ones I liked are strong black vine, give, curtain call, ophelia(though the lyrics seem annoying).

some of the ones I didn't like are maybe california, flavor, lady in blue, 500 miles.

and a few are undecided such as aatc or police me.

what is the fandom saying?

hey, its actually shorter for Boys For Pele, XD.
I love BFP but it's way too long. I'm not as familiar with the last 5-6 tracks on that album simply because I don't usually get that far when I listen to the album.
Old 2009.04.19, 01:07 PM   #58
kuro_neko

well lady in blue and curtain call where played live along with mary jane. then we had full radio plays of fire to your plain and 500 miles, so most of those aren't really as surprising as some of the other tracks. its pretty divided. I'm say most everyone is surprised in a good way, the album sounds overall very good. Some people are concerned about Mac And Cheese (what they call Tori's husband, who is credited as Mac Aladdin when hep plays guitar for the album) ruining songs. Overall though people are least excited about Police Me I think, but the more listen people give the clips the more fun each song gets. As for people who have heard promo copies in their full length, they say its definitely a grower. There are songs that are awesome from the get go, but there are a lot of songs that they didn't appreciate until a few listens. So I think we have another full release to digest for quite some time though. The consensus though is that this is the best work she has released since Scarlet and there are some tracks on it that would fit on earlier albums and go unnoticed, but the major glaring part is how she pretty much didn't edit it. if it was edited properly (down to around 12-13 tracks) people would probably rank it along choirgirl.
Old 2009.04.20, 03:00 AM   #59
a_grumble_cake

Some people are concerned about Mac And Cheese (what they call Tori's husband, who is credited as Mac Aladdin when hep plays guitar for the album) ruining songs.
the similarities to the shiina ringo fandom are kind of funny.

The consensus though is that this is the best work she has released since Scarlet and there are some tracks on it that would fit on earlier albums and go unnoticed, but the major glaring part is how she pretty much didn't edit it. if it was edited properly (down to around 12-13 tracks) people would probably rank it along choirgirl.
cool. this is very encouraging!
12 tracks would have been perfect. I don't know why I find the long track list so off-putting, but I do
Old 2009.04.20, 03:04 AM   #60
kuro_neko

well I sometimes agree. some of the longer works are just too hard to sift through and it ends up meaning you don't cozy up to some of the girls like you would. I feel like I know every girl on LE and UTP but when I think about BFP or maybe SW or even TBK there is a good half of the album that I just write off as too similar or me not being as familar with. Today I marathoned BFP and was so surprised at how quiet that cd is, the music sounds very non-compressed, meaning the lows and low and high is high, and most of the time the music is somewhat low so that it is barely audible at regular volume compared to her other releases.

in terms of this release, the more I listen to the clips the less fresh they are and the less excited I get, but what got me excite about the them the first time I listened was how unexpected and unique the melodies sounded. I have Strong Black Vine and Police Me in my mind mainly when I think about that. My only problem with the album so far is that it seems like at the moment the only 100 percent tori x piano solo track is about pot, Mary Jane ....

when I hear Give it somehow makes me think about her abandoned vampire album. I wonder if perhaps it was a left over from that whole era (which turned into FTCH)