Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2008.07.01, 01:28 PM   #11
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

I cant wait until someone draws anthropomorphic fanart of Eve and WALL-E. Whenever someone finds it... post it here.

anyway I saw this last night and LOVED it. ahhhh so good... and so true/frightening/entirely possible in a few hundred years... still, it made me wonder, why build trash skyscrapers when you could just get giant digging robots to make huge holes in the earth to put the trash into? Obviously that would be just as bad toxicity-level wise, but why build up when there's thousands of miles of earth to dig into? the trash skyscrapers are more impressive/shocking though...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.06, 05:05 PM   #12
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Hmm, I just watched it right now with my family, and I don't know if I liked it as much as I thought I would. I think I liked Kung-Fu Panda better. o_o;;

I thought it was a really cute and sweet movie, too. Wall-E was adorable and Eve was cute as well--kawaii really is a good word to describe her--but Moe was the funniest character. XD I'm so glad Eve arrived so quickly into the movie and fell in love with Wall-E soon. From the beginning, I already felt so sorry for Wall-E and I misread Eve's character from the previews so I thought it would take a long time for her to soften up on him. It really was sad when Eve was calling out to Wall-E in the end. T_T I think I would've cried with you, Jihad. I thought the humans really changed the mood of the movie, and wished they weren't included. o_o;; I guess they were needed for the plot and moral values, but I would rather have watched only the robots in this movie even though I don't like the robots/space/sci-fi genre. (Well, this is a different case though because it's Pixar.) Anyway, I guess I was too hyped up for this movie, but I did enjoy it. I hope there's a sequel.

Is it true that cockroaches and marshmallows are the only things that can survive a nucleur or atomic bomb? o_O
Old 2008.07.06, 07:10 PM   #13
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

I remember I was playing smash brothers a month or so ago and someone chose R.O.B and my little cousin, a three year old girl, said, "look, it's Wall-E!" At the time, I was like, "wtf is wally?" and her mom explained that it was new movie. I haven't seen any trailers for it yet, but just looking at the character designs, I wasn't interested. But after hearing all this, I might see it. Eve did look cool, though, but I only saw her recently after the cousin saw the movie and took her mom to the disney store to buy Wall-E stickers.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 03:24 PM   #14
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Old 2008.07.07, 03:45 PM   #15
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

^ Wow, that's awesome! None of the stickers of her had any cool poses like that one :*(.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.07.07, 03:49 PM   #16
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Rogue robots
Old 2008.07.23, 12:22 PM   #17
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

I saw this movie not too long ago and I have to agree with Jihad that it was absolutely FRIGGING BRILLIANT. Me and my girlfriend walked out stunned. We had absolutely no idea it was going to be that good. It was a perfect blend of comedy, social commentary, as well as an excellent romance (between two robots, no less!) They had more chemistry than most human couples you see in movies today (Padme and Anakin, I'm talking to you!) and EVE was just awesome. She practically stole the show for me. The only movie that has a chance at topping this one this year for me is The Dark Knight, which I still haven't seen but hope to next week.
Old 2008.10.30, 06:23 AM   #18
Tokyo Jihad

/film reported that Disney and Pixar are in fact ramping up a campaign for Wall-E for Best picture

This is a no-brainer, yet I'm still super-glad about it. Wall-e is easily so far the best film this year. Audiences loved it, critics loved it; remember when that was what it took to get Oscar consideration? Now it doesn't particularly matter on either opinion except if it came out a few weeks before nominations and if it has a lot of brown color-tones in the film (like video games!)

Last year even some people within the industry (the guy's from A&E's Shootout) were frustrated with the nominees and can see why an Oscar becomes less and less relevant to the actual cinemascape. Only critics and film experts were saying "oh shit, There Will Be Blood and Atonement are playing. I better grab my $20!" The Oscars have become less about the field of cinema and all about pretense. Another thing they rued was that all the films (except Clooney's i believe) were coming from the indie arms of the studios and the actual studio productions were completely overlooked.

I know some would point to Juno, but as much as I like the movie, it's still no Little Miss Sunshine -- which wasn't pretensious (tho it wasn't marketed that way) and was a movie the everyman could appreciate. Remember a time when Indiana Jones and Star Wars were nominated for best picture? Could you imagine, if those movies were released today, being serious candidates? Of course not, and it's not because movies are so much better these days. Star Wars came out in the 70's for christ's sake, movies were in a huge boom. We don't consider mainstream movies as Oscar candidates anymore because we've learned that Oscar flat-out snubs them in favor of arty-farty stuff.

So I truly hope Wall-e gets nominated, I don't care if it wins yet, just get nominated. Pixar has been due. Alot of notable people said The Incredibles should have been nominated for Best Pic in 05, citing the pool was three-deep without it. Some even said, the best reviewed movie of 07, Ratatouille should have been nominated (Over Clayton? Sure.) Wall-e transends ages and even languages, how doesn't it deserve it?
If The Dark Knight gets nominated too, then the more the merrier.
Old 2008.10.30, 07:11 AM   #19
merman

merman is an asset to this community

Yeah, if Dark Knight gets nominated then it would probably say a lot about how irrelevant Oscar is nowadays.
Haven't seen Wall-E, I'm not really planning to, but you've got a point there.
merman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008.10.30, 11:42 AM   #20
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

I don't quite get your post, Jihad, but I agree with merman, except that I want to see Wall-E.
I would like to know why mainstream movies should be superior to arty-farty movies, for prize considerations. What are arty-farty movies anyway?

...and Ratatouille sucks.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote