Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.
Closed Thread

Old 2009.12.11, 03:47 PM   #1431
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

Damn, that was an AMAZING christmas episode of 30 rock. This show really gets better and better this season.

MyAnimelist
Old 2009.12.11, 03:49 PM   #1432
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Ugly Betty has been phenomenal so far this season. I am loving it and really hope it doesn't end here. Can't believe Justin claimed not to be gay--ha, okay right.
Ugly Betty has been aweeesome. Did you hear the news that they pulled it from certain doom (aka friday nights) and moving it to Wednesday nights in Eastwick's slot? That means its getting paired with Modern Family, Cougar Town, and then Ugly Betty, it will be a super ABC comedy night. Supposedly the strength of the writing this season coupled with the studio's excitement about the upcoming storylines and creative resurgence going on behind the scenes at the Ugly Betty offices have spurred the studio to try and pump some blood back into the show and get it back on top. It is entirely possibly that this might be the last season but Silvio Horta (the US creator) is planning two very distinct maps for the season, in the scenario it ends and the scenario it doesn't, that way we will have a proper series finale if this is the end.
Old 2009.12.13, 01:48 AM   #1433
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I think the last two episodes of Ugly Betty have been pretty poor, and although I was on a 'Glee high' for a while, it's more High School Musical than I hoped it would be. (I liked those final performances though)

Anyway, I watched Alfie Hitchcock's Lifeboat yesterday. My favourite cast in a Hitchcock film so far. Such a tense, atmospheric film. I think that whoever plans on watching his films is missing out by just watching The Birds, Psycho, North by Northwest (The latter two are fantastic, still)

Also, one of the characters sung this famous German song, and I was thinking "Where have I heard this before" and whaddya know -- it turns out to be the song that Ringo covered on Utaite Mori...Nobara? GTFO of my life, Shiina XD
Old 2009.12.13, 10:13 AM   #1434
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

No way, I really liked the latest Ugly Betty episodes. The pregnancy drama was nervewracking for a while there though; I was like NOOOOO BETTY CAN'T GET PREGNANT. I figured it would be just Hilda though. And I love what's going on with Wilhelmina and Marc. It's all still so good to me.
Old 2009.12.14, 03:47 AM   #1435
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I still like the show, but I thought the pregnancy episode was a waste when we knew that it couldn't have been Betty.
Old 2009.12.17, 12:26 PM   #1436
bromithia

bromithia has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Glee taking a mid-season break sucks.

and although I was on a 'Glee high' for a while, it's more High School Musical than I hoped it would be. (I liked those final performances though)
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I really don't like any of the characters too much except for Sue- she just makes the show 10x better for me.
Old 2009.12.18, 12:20 AM   #1437
mizer_unmei

mizer_unmei raises the standards of what a community can offer

I'm late on the whole thing, but I just watched 500 Days of Summer and I really really really liked it. I never expected to like a move so much with the lead as the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun but omgoodness here we are.

last.fm
Old 2009.12.18, 05:44 AM   #1438
cjhobbies00

cjhobbies00 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by mizer_unmei View Post
I'm late on the whole thing, but I just watched 500 Days of Summer and I really really really liked it. I never expected to like a move so much with the lead as the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun but omgoodness here we are.
He really grew up, huh?

Great movie, great soundtrack...Sweet Disposition really caught me off guard, thought it was an 80s songs and was surprised to find out it was produced in 2009.

The man who does not listen to good music has no advantage over the man who is deaf.
-bastardized Twain quote.
http://www.last.fm/user/cjhobbies00
Old 2009.12.18, 06:16 PM   #1439
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

are there any woody allen fans here? he's a big name but i think today was the first time i saw any of his work. the movie was, match point, and while entertaining, i was a bit underwhelmed.
Old 2009.12.21, 08:00 AM   #1440
Scribble R

Currently Watching: Snowfall -- in London!

*Runs out to play*
Closed Thread