Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Main Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Main Forum The place for general discussion. Old news and speculation, polls, trivia, memorabilia, favorite songs, and so on.

Old 2014.03.24, 10:04 PM   #11
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
BUT Y NO DOUBLE ALBUM?!
EMI
Old 2014.03.24, 10:25 PM   #12
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Here is the Kronekodow link. It was just posted on the Keiichi Tomita's Facebook page (which is, by the way, the name of the producer; Tomita Lab is the solo project).

So this is happening.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 03:16 AM   #13
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

Any approximate on when it will be available through cdjapan?
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 03:47 AM   #14
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

As soon as they realise/write their entry.

So... tomorrow morning Japan time no doubt.

Don't panic, there'll be plenty to go around. This isn't Ringo LPs or anything :-)
Old 2014.03.25, 04:16 AM   #15
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

I am literally crying for joy right now. I am GOING TO GET TO SEE HER LIVE YOU GUYS. I DON'T CARE IF THAT MEANS I HAVE TO CUT CLASS TO GET TO YOKOHAMA IN TIME.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 04:50 AM   #16
deadgrandma

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
I am literally crying for joy right now. I am GOING TO GET TO SEE HER LIVE YOU GUYS. I DON'T CARE IF THAT MEANS I HAVE TO CUT CLASS TO GET TO YOKOHAMA IN TIME.
If I can get hold of a ticket for one of the June shows (in Osaka, which I love the most out of anywhere that I've visited in Japan sans Takayama of course), I will be going for sure (will be in China at the time so a flight over is no biggie). But, then, it's getting hold of the tickets... I don't expect to be able to get them for face value (7,560 yen according to Kronekodow), especially good seats :-/

Us poor Gaijin.

Hmm, 10AM on 5/17 they go on sale. Fingers crossed I can arrange something for then.

Any guesses what kind of shows these will be? As in rock/pop/orchestrated/stripped back etc? If I miss (and for those that will flat out not be going) there's a good chance that it will (like usual nowadays) be recorded anyway.

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2014.03.25 at 05:27 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 05:42 AM   #17
TurtleFu

TurtleFu deserves a fucking medal

tickets sold only through ringohan...
dammit

EDIT:
Haha, of course you would love Osaka, DG. It's just so you. Probably doesn't hurt that it's MIdori's hometown either.

Holy crap, those are expensive tickets. I'll have to be going to the Yokohama show, don't know if there are any EMF-ers based in Tokyo who might wanna go with me.

Does anybody know how to buy tickets? Are you only allowed to buy one, does it require ID, etc.?

I'm guessing it's going to be a small-orchestra type show. Of course, since she just did one of those she might surprise us, and the arrangers from this album tend to be more rock than jazz-y... But her last "rock" show was Discovery, which was a national tour, and her last limited engagement rock show was Zazen Ecstacy way back in 2001, I think.

Last edited by TurtleFu : 2014.03.25 at 06:24 AM.
TurtleFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 08:21 AM   #18
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Haha, I thought it was hopeless wishing for a show after the last one.

I can't make this one, either (dopamine diversion).

SR is tidy in that she usually attaches a show to an album. This will definitely be a 'rock' show. I hope you guys make it. In reply to a comment on last.fm, it would be interesting if there's a second part to this. That wavy dash has only ever been associated with multiple versions of things (Utaite Myouri, Meisai/Ishiki). I hope that this isn't confirmation that a New York/London/Paris concert will never happen

The second self-cover album would open/close with Nihon ni Umarete, then.

P.S. If there's ever an original album in the future, it will be a Tokyo Jihen one, I bet.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014.03.25, 08:28 AM   #19
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by TurtleFu View Post
Trust me, it's worth it. I skipped a whole day of classes to see her on a Friday. Went from Osaka to Tokyo to Saitama. Had to pick up the tickets in Roppongi, bought an apple along the way and even emailed my language teacher to ask if she liked chocolate so I could buy her a souvenir.
Old 2014.03.25, 09:03 AM   #20
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

If you don't cut class to attend a once in a life time concert, then you're not living life right! Do it, TurtleFu, do it for all of us that can't go! It would only be acceptable if you had a test you couldn't miss.

If she ever did make another original album, I would hope for something in the experimental department of KZK, but I would take anything, to be honest.

Last edited by FadedSun : 2014.03.25 at 09:29 AM.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote