Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News Upcoming releases, tours, TV spots, magazine appearances, et cetera. No posting threads allowed; instead, threads get moved in here from other places.

Old 2016.02.02, 03:17 AM   #1711
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Maybe. But what's weird about it at all??

Also- how is the other song? I can't find it anywhere to even sample...
Old 2016.02.02, 09:28 AM   #1712
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
^Sports also happens to be my (clear) favourite of the Jihen albums.
Interesting. But would you put Sports above, say, Sanmon Gossip? Or for that matter, Muzai Moratorium or Shouso Strip above KSK? It just seems like the priorities on that list are a little bit...off.
Old 2016.02.02, 10:17 AM   #1713
zordon

zordon is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Interesting. But would you put Sports above, say, Sanmon Gossip? Or for that matter, Muzai Moratorium or Shouso Strip above KSK? It just seems like the priorities on that list are a little bit...off.
Sports that high is an oddball, but I'd choose Muzai Moratorium or Shouso Strip over KSK any day. The rockin' Ringo > artsy Ringo
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.02, 11:30 AM   #1714
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

I'm a little surprised how far ahead MM is. I expected SS to be #1. Shouts out to the three people who put Heisei Fuuzoku first, that was my first SR album.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.02, 06:29 PM   #1715
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

Not sure about SS - have to be in a fairly specific mood to enjoy the entirety of the album (as opposed to some songs off it), but MM is definitely above KSK for me (even though I do like KSK a lot).

I like Sports about as much as SG I guess, or maybe just slightly more, to answer your question.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.04, 02:54 AM   #1716
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

I've seen so many polls like this that I can't give a fuck. Would love to see one of favourite ringo puppet (collab artist) though.
Old 2016.02.04, 02:56 AM   #1717
a_grumble_cake

a_grumble_cake deserves a fucking medal

I think this is the order you would get for most artists if you ask casual fans as well as more serious fans. The first album the artist got famous with, in this case the debut, will always be the favorite because that was how most people got introduced to them. Then there is a decline as the artist changes their sound and fans drop off...
Old 2016.02.04, 01:40 PM   #1718
FadedSun

FadedSun raises the standards of what a community can offer

MM and SS are what put Ringo on the map in Japan. They also have most of her classic songs that stuck with people. I don't see how the results are that surprising. I listen to SS and MM way more than I listen to KSK. Doesn't mean I like any over the others, but SS and MM have more potential for multiple listens over a shorter period of time, or listening to individual tracks. KSK more or less demands you to sit there and listen to the entire thing.
FadedSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.04, 02:02 PM   #1719
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

It's not MY favourite album, but I can understand MM being number 1. It covers, in a mild way, the whole spectrum of her solo music. Shouso Strip is too turned up to 11 in every way even if it made for an explosive coming out of Shiina Ringo at the time. KZK is the proper album so I'd put that at number one. I don't really have a favourite album, tbh. Just least favourite. Dai Hakken. Sunny has some good tracks on it, but it's also strikes me as the most unnecessary album.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016.02.05, 06:45 AM   #1720
thefro

thefro raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by gekokujyo View Post
^Sports also happens to be my (clear) favourite of the Jihen albums.
I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but Sports is definitely underrated on this board. Pretty good pop/rock album.
thefro is offline   Reply With Quote