Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Other > Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic (Movies, TV & Other Media) Post about movies, TV shows, video games, and other media.

Old 2010.03.20, 01:04 PM   #31
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm behind on Ugly Betty by 2 eps but I'll catch up soon. It's a nice, light show that I can just stick on when I get in and need to tidy up or something (Glee too). It's a pity that it's ending, and I need a replacement show!

What I'm looking forward to, though -- what I'm really really really looking forward to, is David Simon's Treme on HBO next month. [The Wire hyperbole etc etc.]
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.20, 11:04 PM   #32
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

I'm one episode behind on betty but I got to say that it is a shame it is ending so early. there has been a lot of ground covered in 4 seasons, but it still doesn't feel like enough. unfortunately, abc murdered the show (pretty much intentionally) by moving it around repeatedly and then placing it extremely late at night. you could speculate about why for ages, but I suspect it has to do with the cost of production. I think Glee will go the same way one day...it is nearly impossible to support an ensemble production of such high polish (and in Glee's case: music) past a certain point, especially when the actors involve continue to explode.

I can't belive there are only a few episodes left. I truly believe Betty will end up choosing herself again, ala season 2. Perhaps if there was more time there could be a Daniel x Betty romance, but with the short time span, I think the creators are going to find creative ways to work in previous characters (such as Gio and Henry) but ultimately have Betty walk down the path alone (and possibly bump into Matt?)
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 07:21 PM   #33
TeslaGuy
apathy enthusiast

TeslaGuy knows what you did last summerTeslaGuy knows what you did last summer

Another good Betty tonight. Didn't advance the plot much, but it was a show that really needed to happen, and it was quite fun. Great locations tonight too. The show improved a lot after they moved production to NYC.
TeslaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.24, 11:57 PM   #34
kuro_neko

I have a close friend who works on the production staff for betty and everyone is really really sad to see it go. he says more than anything else he has been a part of, betty was really something else. its kind of a mind trip when he posts various pictures from inside mode (since its a huge set), because in my mind its in betty-land, but then all of a sudden there are pictures of him standing in the tube with the various objects on the shelves behind him (which change every episode and make it easy to pin what they were shooting when he took the picture).

I haven't watched the episode yet, I will when it is upp-ed to hulu, although with each week I grow more reluctant to watch it, knowing that it is ending. what a complete and total shame. at least the show that is taking it's place isn't a CSI clone or anything, it this twin peaks inspired murder mystery called Happy Town featuring Sam Neill and Amy Acker (Dollhouse ;-
Old 2010.03.25, 03:27 AM   #35
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

From the news/rumours I've heard, I thought they would be all eager to get away from America Ferrera (sp?)
Old 2010.03.25, 09:04 AM   #36
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
From the news/rumours I've heard, I thought they would be all eager to get away from America Ferrera (sp?)
none of that is true at all. america is a lovely girl according to my friend. she is very focused on her job and she has carried the entire series, so when she is on set she is very intent on working and very focused. most of those rumors come from people who are invited to set who aren't involved on a daily basis, like friends of friends or of production staff. naturally, after 4 years you get to know your entire family and its a surprisingly small group of people, so the rumors like that start when people show up and expect a moment with her or any other actor and get "dissed" by acting like they don't exist. we have this image of a heavy dorky America (same as Betty) who is sweet and loveable, but as America matured and became a woman, as did Betty, people started to say stuff like this because she was no longer the ugly duckling. Its a feeling of betrayal and jealousy and often happens in the media with women, anytime the girl next door gets too sexy. This started in Season 2 when Lindsay Lohan made guest appearances and they said that America was a total diva and couldn't stand to have her on set and get her kicked off (yeaaaahhh, I'm sure American is the reason *Lindsay* got kicked off...) Either way, rumors are rumors and you can't buy into what you read. If America was a total and complete bitch there is no way the show would come out as good as it has. From the middle of season 3 up until now it has been almost entirely an effort of love, constantly getting moved on forever being in danger of cancellation, almost from season 2 onwards. you can tell the cast and crew are really quite fond of each other and the show, and if anything I think people are starting to get anxious to move on to new projects. People handle goodbyes/endings differently, and in her case, perhaps she might become cold or focused on her next move, but a lot of that is to cover emotional trauma in ending a four year part of your life. either way, I wouldn't be so quick to believe the rumors are true, they smell of rubbish to me and my friend, who knows most of the cast personally, has never had anything negative to say about her.

Last edited by kuro_neko : 2010.03.25 at 09:23 AM.
Old 2010.03.25, 12:08 PM   #37
Scribble R

Yeah, you can't really believe the opinions of spurned fans and tabloids, so I can't really disagree with that...

She DID roll her eyes at her co-star though! =P =P
Old 2010.03.25, 01:33 PM   #38
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Yeah, you can't really believe the opinions of spurned fans and tabloids, so I can't really disagree with that...

She DID roll her eyes at her co-star though! =P =P
haha, that interview was kinda of hilarious (I'm assuming you mean the Gossip Girl/Traveling Pants 2 Interview). She was kinda roped into Traveling Pants 2 by contract so I doubt she really wanted to do all those press junkets, and by then her costar was on Gossip Girl and like, totally, always like, talked, like you know, this...so I don't blame her for doing the exact same thing most of us were thinking in that situation, hahaha. America definitely falls into the category of intelligent, confident, and successful women, which means that by some, she is targeted as a "bitch." Gossip Girl man, what a bunch of bs.
Old 2010.03.27, 09:28 PM   #39
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Just got caught up on Ugly Betty. Omg Justin's gay kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooo excited to see that happen. I had been wondering if he was somehow actually going to turn out to be straight as he claims (which, I dunno, it's not good to judge on stereotypes and all but come on...) but it looks like perhaps not!? I can't wait to see what's going to happen with him and that guy!!! I love that Marc is his gay mentor...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010.03.28, 03:01 AM   #40
kuro_neko

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Just got caught up on Ugly Betty. Omg Justin's gay kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooo excited to see that happen. I had been wondering if he was somehow actually going to turn out to be straight as he claims (which, I dunno, it's not good to judge on stereotypes and all but come on...) but it looks like perhaps not!? I can't wait to see what's going to happen with him and that guy!!! I love that Marc is his gay mentor...
spoilerz:

I have it on good word that Justin will be attending Hilda's wedding with Austin, so you can probably assume they are going to end it with them dating.

that said, my comp is dead so I have to rely on my family PC until I figure out what to do, either replace it or get a hefty repair. It is going on 4 years now so I don't know if I really want to dump another 900 for the logic board or 350 for the refurbished service they do when that could be spent on an upgrade in memory and HD on a new system. so, last week's betty and all future episodes...gotta wait a bit.