Go Back   Electric Mole Forums > Shiina Ringo & Tokyo Jihen > Product Reviews & Information
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Product Reviews & Information Discuss singles, albums, and DVDs.

Old 2007.04.28, 06:37 PM   #21
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Don't worry about it.
There's only one packaging for the vinyl, and only one packaging for the DVD. They're both limited, and they didn't pull the stunt that some other artists pull like where even when something is already limited, it could have first/second press opportunities within the already rare status...

Rather than there being different versions, the DVD and LP (which are all the same) will simply sell out, and you either bought them already or you didn't.

The audio requires a few paragraphs of explanation to understand. To make a long story short, if you can't hear a difference (with your ears and your equipment) between a raw/lossless CD track and a 320kbps MP3, then this DVD is not for you.

Other artists have included Motion Graphics in their DVD-A releases before, so this concept is nothing new, but I've never seen fans of other artists buy a DVD-A release for anything other than the sound quality. If the folks at Toshiba EMI could pull off this marketting coup with visuals and packaging, they could be the collective "Karl Rove" of Shiina Ringo, and she could take over the world.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.28, 08:47 PM   #22
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Glathannus View Post
They appear to be condensed instrumental versions of most of the album, which is kind of nice to have, as much as we might love her vocal attitude.
Are you saying that this if I get this dvd, I can rip the instrumental versions of the album from it?
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.28, 08:52 PM   #23
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

The instrumental versions are short, considering the entire instrumental experience lasts 16 minutes, when the whole album is at least 50 minutes. The songs are also crossfaded.

You will have to break them up into individual songs yourself (there are no chapters for this section of the DVD), but yes, they're rippable. I don't know if they were ever meant to be experienced outside the context of the DVD credits though.

The most notable thing you can rip from this DVD is Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) [and I'm not talking about the instrumental version], but that has some crossfading with Kono Yo no Kagiri, even on the Motion Graphics portion of the DVD. Crossfading isn't only on the instrumental songs - you find it within nearly every section of the DVD.

Due to the crossfading, I would only recommend ripping this DVD if you intended to listen to your whole rip from beginning to end in the same sitting. Even if Karisome Otome (DEATH JAZZ ver.) had no crossfading, ripping it might still give you problems because it's in 96kHz/24bit, and most format conversion or playback software, doesn't know what on earth to do with that. The bonus features are all in 48kHz/16bit though, which is much easier to deal with.

Strangely enough the DTS 5.1 is in 48kHz, and not the 96kHz they advertised.

I'm just happy that the 96kHz/24bit raw stereo is rippable without a WinDVD backdoor, even if it's 1.7GB for the whole album in audio alone. I haven't yet added up the filesize for the bonus audio.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 12:16 AM   #24
golem09

golem09 deserves a fucking medal

To make a long story short, if you can't hear a difference (with your ears and your equipment) between a raw/lossless CD track and a 320kbps MP3, then this DVD is not for you.
Well, I think most of us would like to see all the PV's on this DVD...
Although just the PV's are not enough for me to buy it. And since I cant hear the difference (with my ears maybe, with my equipment - no way) I really don't intend to buy this DVD

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 02:59 AM   #25
Mad_Mac

Mad_Mac pleased at least somebody

Don't worry about it.
There's only one packaging for the vinyl, and only one packaging for the DVD. They're both limited, and they didn't pull the stunt that some other artists pull like where even when something is already limited, it could have first/second press opportunities within the already rare status...
So, it's a 2 different product??? OR you got the vynil when you buy the first release DVD??? I can't find the vynil anywhere if it's 2 different product, care to help me?

Sorry for my inexperienced in this kind of stuff.
Mad_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 03:34 AM   #26
pariscombo

pariscombo deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by Mad_Mac View Post
So, it's a 2 different product??? OR you got the vynil when you buy the first release DVD??? I can't find the vynil anywhere if it's 2 different product, care to help me?

Sorry for my inexperienced in this kind of stuff.

Heisei Fuzoku LP
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2523109

Heisei Fuzoku DVD
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2523447
pariscombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.29, 06:11 AM   #27
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

They are two entirely different things, Mac. The LP is HF in vinyl record form -- nothing more.
The DVD is the dvd-audio, cheap music video, and what this thread is about one
Old 2007.04.30, 01:38 PM   #28
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Its such a hassle to have to use a dvd player to listen to the album. The standard cd version is the best value if you just want to hear her music and not beef up your collection.

this dvd audio HF is like the vinyl; something to buy, never open and make your SR collection look pretty on a shelf. Watching music video dvd's themselves is a time commitment on its own and not something I do very often.

I bought Dynamite Out and JCHI as well as the Sexual Healing collections on release day and I've only watched any of them 5 times, maximum. Ringohan dvd, just twice. The audio rip of the live shows I made for cd-r gets heavy play though.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.30, 02:24 PM   #29
HEDOfloe

HEDOfloe puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShadyNook View Post
Its such a hassle to have to use a dvd player to listen to the album. The standard cd version is the best value if you just want to hear her music and not beef up your collection.

this dvd audio HF is like the vinyl; something to buy, never open and make your SR collection look pretty on a shelf. Watching music video dvd's themselves is a time commitment on its own and not something I do very often.

I bought Dynamite Out and JCHI as well as the Sexual Healing collections on release day and I've only watched any of them 5 times, maximum. Ringohan dvd, just twice. The audio rip of the live shows I made for cd-r gets heavy play though.
Yea, I agree, I am the same way. I'd love the better quality but my sound system is not so great and I doubt the difference would be noticeable on my speakers. Also, I would love to watch the vids but I also cannot just sit down and watch music videos very often. I would buy it though but I am strapped for cash and since I already have the CD, I'll have to let this one go by, unfortunately. But I really just want to rip the videos and watch them on my zune!!! Is this a limited release? Because if it will not be out for long then I might have to buy it so I can try to rip the vids to my zune.
HEDOfloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007.04.30, 02:58 PM   #30
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer

Can someone who has this type up the official English song translations for me so they can go on my site? PM or just put them in this thread. thanksss
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote